Banshee First Rider T-Shirts?

Delirium2018

Is Kings Island going to have Banshee first rider T-Shirts like they did on Diamondback?

This is actually a pretty good question. I haven't read anywhere that they were going to, but I would imagine, just like with many rides opening days, you will see some sort of "prize" for those who ride within a certain amount of riders.

• Like 1

The last two coasters they've added - Firehawk and Diamondback - have had a first rider T-shirt promo. As did Gatekeeper and the Intimidators, I believe. Kings Island has not made an announcement either way, but if I recall correctly, they typically make that type of announcement closer to opening day. Time will tell...

• Like 6

The last two coasters they've added - Firehawk and Diamondback - have had a first rider T-shirt promo. As did Gatekeeper and the Intimidators, I believe. Kings Island has not made an announcement either way, but if I recall correctly, they typically make that type of announcement closer to opening day. Time will tell...

Not just Cedar Fair but NASCAR and related entities?

Please capitalize the names of rides and attractions at Kings Dominion, Carowinds and other parks

Thank you. :)

Ah. You edited, I can't see. Or both! :)

• Like 2

If there are T-shirts, I really hope they don't do it the way Cedar Point did with Gatekeeper. I mean someone is going to wait outside your parking lot for hours to be first, but you're going to give a T-shirt to a random person who didn't come early at all instead of that early-riser? Really?

• Like 10

Diamondback had shirts for A Kid Again and the general public. The participants received a shirt similar to the general public, but with their number on the back. Maybe a shirt or some sort of collectible thousands of the G.P. attending can have would be the answer. I'm just waiting on my Banshee keychain.

• Like 3

I think we're jumping to conclusions way to quickly. Not every detail is out yet about Media Day as well as Opening Day.

While it's one thing to speculate, to speak as a matter of fact on a detail (First Rider T-Shirts) that hasn't really even been announced yet is a little silly.

Per First Giving: Bolded and Underlined for emphasis.

·

Roller coaster enthusiasts to marathon first night rides on record-breaking Banshee roller coaster to raise money for A Kid Again
The thrill of being among the first night riders on the new Banshee roller coaster at Kings Island will have a whole new meaning April 17, when Kings Island hosts “Scream for A Kid Again” to raise money for the Greater Cincinnati chapter of A Kid Again, a non-profit organization which strives to enrich the lives of children with life-threatening illnesses and their families by providing healing times of respite through fun-filled group activities and destination events.
Kings Island fans and roller coaster enthusiasts alike will enjoy a night filled with riding the world’s longest inverted roller coaster over and over again.
All participants will receive:
·Complimentary admission tickets to Kings Island
·Certificate of participation
·Scream for A Kid Again t-shirt
·Food
·Unlimited rides on Banshee
·Plaques will be awarded to the top five fundraisers
Register here and get ready for a night of fun and thrills at Kings Island!
Registration time and location: 8:00pm – 8:45pm at the front gate entrance
Event time: 9:00pm – 11:00pm
The top 32 fundraisers will be seated on the first train to begin the event with the participants “drafting” their seat starting with the top fundraiser.
All participants are required to pay a $25 registration fee up front and raise a minimum of $100 in order to participate.
Be sure to visit our Scream for A Kid Again event page for the most up-to-date details.
Fundraising ends April 13 at Midnight.
One of the most anticipated new thrill rides in the world for 2014, riders on Banshee will scream their way through 4,124 feet of track and seven mind-bending inversions at speeds up to 68 mph!
The ride experience on Banshee begins with a lift taking riders up to the maximum height of 167 feet. After plunging down a 150-foot curved drop, riders will go through a Dive Loop a loop interacting with the lift, Zero-G-Roll, Batwing, Outside Loop, Spiral, In-line Roll and Carousel.

The idea of "First Rider" is really meant for the opening day. So although some of us will get to be the "First Riders" on the ride, it is still on non-operation hours.

We'll definitely get details within the week or two of the event. So I say sit tight and just enjoy the countdown!

The idea of "First Rider" is really meant for the opening day. So although some of us will get to be the "First Riders" on the ride, it is still on non-operation hours.

We'll definitely get details within the week or two of the event. So I say sit tight and just enjoy the countdown!

The A Kid Again participants will be the first night riders. This is very special, for a very special cause and before opening day.

There will also be a whole other group of first riders before even media day.

Yeah, but many of them are, to put it bluntly, heartless dummies. And full of it.
  • Like 11

I didn't go for Firehawk's opening day, but I did for Diamondback's and Gatekeepers. I liked how they had a certain number of shirts to give out to first riders at the exit of Diamondback, no questions asked ( except "what size?" ) but I was not happy at all about how they did it for Gatekeeper. I mean sure, I got an Opening Day koozie with the Gatekeeper logo and opening date on it, but I was really hoping to get a first rider t-shirt in the same fashion that I got my Diamondback t-shirt. I was pretty disappointed at how they just gave them out at random. I think it should be a first come first serve system like prior engagements as I do believe that is more fair than waiting not only to ride but to earn that "trophy" aka a first rider t-shirt.

THE first rider for Thunder Run. I got...a great ride (and a 5 hour wait).

A first rider for Kingda Ka, Medusa (now Bizarro), Shivering Timbers (another 4-5 hour wait), Legend, and many others. Shirts? No.

If the park chooses to give out talismen, it can do so however it wishes or not at all. It really shouldn't be expected. It's not an entitlement.

• Like 11

The A Kid Again participants will be the first night riders. This is very special, for a very special cause and before opening day.

Yeah, but many of them are, to put it bluntly, heartless dummies. And full of it.

So park employees are "heartless dummies, and full of it" ?, Good luck ever getting to ride it without those very employees.

So park employees are "heartless dummies, and full of it" ?, Good luck ever getting to ride it without those very employees.

Park employees ride after them. It's the law. And makes sense. Humans are never first.

• Like 11

Jumping to conclusions much? Test dummies full of water ride first. Thats what he's referring to.

• Like 12