New slide for The Beach in 2014?

When I was in line for the Cliff, I was talking to a Lifeguard And asked him if there were any plans for a new slide? He Said The Beach Did buy a slide for 2014, And Were going to scrap the slide that is in the parking lot. He said it could be somthing like Mondo Monsoon Over at Soak City. I dont know if this was "True" Or not. But Just thought id shere it here :) What are your guys thought?

I wouldn`t say those that know speak quite a lot. I know that some people`s jobs depend on keeping things like trade secrets private and not for public consumption. Do things occasionally leak out? Of course they do. But it often is a little bit of the telephone game.

I have heard that Ralph is no longer with The Beach. I also have heard that a new slide is indeed coming to The Beach in 2014.

• Like 10

Just found this article via NewsPlusNotes. The park will spend 1.5 million on four additions for 2014:

- two person zipline over wave pool

- four-lane mat racer

- new restaurant, Beachcomber Café

- sledding hill to start operations in November 2014

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/zipline-other-attractions-coming-to-the-beach/ndNdG/

• Like 6

One ride is a two-person zipline featuring a 600-foot drop over the wave pool

One ride is a two-person zipline featuring a 600-foot drop over the wave pool.

Well, that's safe! What is that number supposed to be?

I like the additions. Not much detail, but I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't been to The Beach since 2011, but I could possibly go this summer.

600' would be the length of the zipline; calling that number the drop was certainly a misprint.

It will definitely be a unique way to traverse the park, though I can think of more interesting places to go ziplining.

Hopefully there are no problems with loose articles, spitting, or other leakage of bodily fluids. I wonder how much the (presumable) upcharge will be.

Me likey! I wonder if my 2014 season pass will be good for access to the snow tubing?

Either way, it might be a fun activity for one of the 2014-2015 off-season meetup(s).

• Like 5

One ride is a two-person zipline featuring a 600-foot drop over the wave pool

I like the additions. Not much detail, but I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't been to The Beach since 2011, but I could possibly go this summer.

As malem stated, it's more than likely the length of the zip line.

I've ziplined over water before in Michigan, it ended with the rider skidding into the water, about 40 feet away from the shore line, had to swim back (it was fun but tiring), so doing this over a wave pool will be a cool view!

Does that mean it won't dump you in the water like their other zipline? (I'm not even sure if the first one is still there.)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

It dosent look like you will drop into the water. And for you 2 question, The old ziplines were removed when the new owners took over.

• Like 2

The Beach Waterpark posted this video On FB, Showing what the new zip-line ride will be. It wont be the exact same one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubaBTqJaqhw

To me, those aren't zip-lines. If you're in a nice comfy seat, you're doing it wrong! Haha! When I think zipline, I think this: tirolesa-01.jpg

Picture Obtained from Garrafon.com

• Like 5