What do you want for Halloween Haunt?

Delirium2018

Never to early to start thinking about haunt! :)

I would like to see them try their hand at a licensed videogame/movie house/maze. Maybe try a chain wide (most or all CF parks) videogame, haunted house like The Last of Us, something where you have to fear the people just as much as zombies, or try their hand a lower end scary movie like Pet Cemetery for example.

For haunt also raise prices from last year's up $10 for non gold/platinum pass holders because, Land of Illusions is 5 (i think) haunted attractions and charges $34.99. Where as KI has over 10 and rides and shows available.

Note: It is hard for me not to come up theming stuff...

• Like 1

I personally think that Club Blood needs to be taken out next... I like the maze itself it's just old and run out. It isn't really scary but I do like the effects in it. I just think it needs to be replaced with something more exciting and scary.. Like the transformation of Mysteria to Board to Death was amazing! I also think that if they don't referbish the Urgent Scare to what it was like when it was first released. I think it would need to go. It was an amazing maze when it was first released, with the scarers outside and all the mechanisms working it was absolutely stunning. Now nothing works and it's all run down. If they don't fix it, it's going to have to leave.

Now Holiday Horror... If they don't get some more scarers In there and add some more effects, that's going to have to leave. Kings Island I think is getting a little sloppy with their old mazes. I think that only a few are supposed to be where they are supposed to be(Wolf Pack, Slaughterhouse, Madame Fatales)

A lot of people are saying that Wolf Pack is being torn down this year. I honestly hope not. I thought that it made a good comeback this year! The scarers really got me. The scenery made it a little more suspenseful as well!

CarnEVIL is an overall good maze. It just needs more scarers and they need to add some more things in it. It has gotten a little boring these past few years. I get scared sometimes, but I mean it could be way better...

My point is Kings Island needs to try harder with their Halloween Haunt mazes. They cut over 40 scarers this year, just in the mazes...

• Like 9

Dominion of the D*mned must return! Oh wait... wrong park, sorry folks.

Well for KI...I like to see Board to Death return, shockingly. It was the only maze that actually fascinated me last year both in theme and the talent wasn't too bad, the name is what I don't like. Nearly everything else needs changing up or replaced entirely. (Urgent Scare, Club Blood, Holiday Horror, Circus, Delta mainly) Circus been the biggest disappointment as far as appearance go for me, probably needs to be completely done away with it and have a all new clown maze to replace it if anything. Most of the real changes to it has been relocation, name change, and the costumes, other than that it isn't much different from 2005. Urgent Scare used to be really awesome, back before WindSeeker when it still had the outdoor parts. Original form (as it opened with in 2008) was even better. Maze made me sad to go through last year at how short it is now.

• Like 3

I agree a lot with what Delirium said. The biggest thing I'd like is Urgent Scare to be brought to its opening standard as well. It was an amazing maze when it opened and had a full thought out story and design. Now it just seems like every other one in the park.

Madame Fatale's is my favorite currently. Love to see a new one with similar level of theming as it has. I would be fine having a couple mazes taken out to have a new one with more immersive theming and design put in. Maybe take out Club Blood and put something better in that area that would fit the area with The Bat and Banshee there. Wolf Pack is good as it is and fits in with the dark woods/myth type theme of that section right now.

Think if they did these two and it gave us 3 top notch mazes along with the other good to great ones we have then Haunt there would be awesome. (Not that it isn't already great.)

• Like 1

I want only one thing. It involves a duck named Bob, A Nightmare to Remember, and a razor sharp balloon...

Twizzlers...

Yeah, having the lights on in FoF's spaghetti bowl is only interesting to enthusiasts. For the general public, it ruins the ride.

^ Not necessarily true. My brother got a lights-on ride this past season on his first visit since 2003, and he thought it was a great improvement. That was his second ride on it of the day, too. So it wasn't just a foggy memory talking.

• Like 4

This is what I would do if I had the power of the purse for a Halloween Haunt attraction...

1. First I would utilize the Dinosaurs Alive line into the attraction....

2. Make a left and follow the path to the Dinosaur Dig and direct the crowd into a queue line. The line would lead into a new building just beyond the trees near the water storage silo.

3. This attraction would be designed to be a dinosaur paddock, where guests would be "safe" from harm.

4. I would call the attraction "Dinosaurs Attack"

5. The exit would return past The Racer back to the DA exit.

I think this would be fun to walk through and rather easy as the makeup would mostly be dinosaur heads and arms attacking visitors through cage and possibly through fake vegetation. There could even be some military personnel fighting off some of the T-Rexs at the beginning area. Perhaps even some additional surprises along the way.

• Like 4

I really wish I could get into the whole haunt thing. Just isn't for me at Kings Island & Cedar Point when I was at each one just seemed to me to be way over crowded way to dark in most areas at Cedar Point I walked into a cement bench and fell over. It was so dark you just couldn't see. I will just make my way to the exits when they start again. I really wish I could enjoy it more.

• Like 1

In last year's edition of this topic, I think I posted something about removing or renovating Tombstone Terror-tory. While I never did get around to experiencing TTT last year, some people mentioned that some extra Cornstalkers props were moved to that trail. I don't know how well that affected things, but since TTT did get some tangible attention, I think my opinion has changed...

It's time for Club Bood to go. With the drastically improved attention to detail the most recent haunts have (Madame Fatale's, Board 2 Death, Slaughterhouse, even Wolf Pack and Delta Delta Die), Club Blood sticks out like a gangrene thumb. The "value" of the haunt lies only in the shock factor of the raunchy atmosphere, and truthfully, I think it drags down the quality of the event. The house is hardly detailed, apart from the first room you enter; the entire "club" room is literally robin's egg blue-painted wooden walls. And once you get past the "club," the rest of the house kinda falls apart in terms of theme. There's a bathroom, then some long hallway with tarp strips hanging from the ceiling, then a person in a bungee harness? Then a bar? Then some meandering hallways until you anticlimactically leave? Okay.

What I'd really, really like to see is a haunt semi-based on Banshee folklore. I don't mean that it should be immediately tied into the Banshee ride itself, with the logo being a modification of the existing Banshee logo and the actors resembling the Banshee in the logo and all that. That might be interesting, but it could easily and accidentally be very cheesy. Play into the idea of Banshees themselves, because, seriously--it's a legend about the spirit a woman who screams when someone is about to die violently. You couldn't script a better idea for an attraction where the employees scream. Make it a claustrophobic, foggy tromp through a German village, followed by a deep walk through a haunted forest. The village is sparsely populated by only the few villagers brave enough to venture outside so as to warn oncomers about the coven of Banshees that lurk in the woods beyond the town. The forest has its own color scheme to differentiate itself from Wolf Pack and is much more heavily wooded, requiring guests to duck and side-step branches and trees and thereby expose their backs to scareactors in wait. There also could be intermittent flashing strobes above all the walls that flash to coincide with LOUD thunder claps. (Alternatively, any remaining tombstones the park may have from Cemetery Drive could be added to the "forest," turning it into a cemetery for the villagers to warn about.) If I could think of an ending like Slaughterhouse's inflatables or Madame Fatale's curtain trick--something dramatic that adds some sense of finale--I'd suggest that, but I'm drawing blanks right now. And don't ask me what to name it! :P

• Like 7

^^ I like!!! The screams could be recorded and blasted on demand. I went to an attraction a few years ago, where the Scareactors didn't make a sound but went through the motions of screaming with loud speakers behind hidden objects. It was very effective, especially when you're not expecting it to happen.

Heck why not just name it Scream of the Banshee.

• Like 1

I love the fog personally but I can see it being a safety risk. My favorite part about Halloween Haunt is not knowing what could be right in front of me with all the monsters hiding in the fog. The Eiffel Tower looks fantastic with the red light too.

Me too, in fact I think KI's overall Haunt theming throughout the park is outstanding.

• Like 1

How about more chainsaws? Gas powered ones, not like the one at Cedar Point. Never saw any last year although i hear sometimes theres one at Slaughter Houses exit.

I've heard that Cedar Fair cut chainsaws from all Halloween events back in 2012. Miscellaneous other things were also canned in 2013, including water in mazes, such as the spitting animal heads in Slaughterhouse.

• Like 2

What I'd really, really like to see is a haunt semi-based on Banshee folklore. I don't mean that it should be immediately tied into the Banshee ride itself, with the logo being a modification of the existing Banshee logo and the actors resembling the Banshee in the logo and all that. That might be interesting, but it could easily and accidentally be very cheesy. Play into the idea of Banshees themselves, because, seriously--it's a legend about the spirit a woman who screams when someone is about to die violently. You couldn't script a better idea for an attraction where the employees scream. Make it a claustrophobic, foggy tromp through a German village, followed by a deep walk through a haunted forest.

Why a German village, when Banshees are from Irish folklore? ;)

• Like 3

I really like the idea of the Banshee themed maze. It would really set the mood of the Banshee. The question is... Where would they have room to build this? I was thinking that chunk of land on the right of Congo Falls and part of the area for Timberwolf. I think that this maze would become an instant hit and favorited by many!

• Like 2