What do you want for Halloween Haunt?

Delirium2018

I highly doubt they'll turn the Festhaus into a maze. That would mean shutting down all of the food vendors in there for the entire fall season, which would carry several implications:

1. Loss of income from guests looking to get a bite to eat, during one of the busiest times of the season. Self-explanatory.

2. Panda Express's operators probably would not be happy about being forced to shut down during one of the busiest and probably more profitable times of the season. Remember that Panda Express is company-operated using their own employees, not a franchise owned by KI or CF like most other chains in the park; that means closing it during Haunt would impact the bottom line of a third party and potentially cause Panda's employees to become unemployed earlier than they expected, since KI cannot simply relocate them to another food stand as they are not KI employees.

3. Also, you lose the only LaRosa's in the park with readily available indoor seating, which is perhaps more important in the fall than any other time of the season due to the colder temperatures experienced in the fall. People not only want to eat, but when it's cold outside, they want to eat where it's warm.

4. And finally, as an extension of #3, you lose one of the few, and the largest, indoor dining areas in the park. With the loss of the Festhaus, KI would be left with just I-Street Skyline, Graeter's, and the Reds Hall of Fame Grille for heated indoor dining.

So for all of those reasons, I would be thoroughly surprised if the Festhaus was converted into a Haunt maze.

• Like 5

Very good points, I can't disagree one bit. I guess we'll have to wait till September to find out! I know Kings Island will make it work! Another possible location is in the location of Urgent Scare (I can see that retiring soon)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, no one ever said they would have to shut down all of Festhaus for a maze. How big is the stage area if they were to only have this haunt right there and perhaps the first few tables into the seating area?

I think that's what they did during the FearFest years

In the olden days of FearFest, CarnEvil (then Circus of Horrors 3D) used to reside in the right half of Festhaus where Panda Express sits now. Of course, this was also back when there wasn't a show or a stage in Festhaus so the show control board was used for the maze. As it stands, I much rather prefer a maze to not be under the same roof of a still operational eatery.

• Like 7

The stage by itself is not big enough for a decent maze, but I guess that could work if you used the entire section in front of and to the right of the stage next to the Action Zone "back doors". Those doors would serve as either the entrance and/or the exit for the maze; if only one, then then other would have to be inside the Festhaus (which could potentially mean having a queue inside the building). Any other corner of the building would force something to be shut down, either restrooms, LaRosa's, or Panda.

• Like 2

The stage by itself is not big enough for a decent maze, but I guess that could work if you used the entire section in front of and to the right of the stage next to the Action Zone "back doors". Those doors would serve as either the entrance and/or the exit for the maze; if only one, then then other would have to be inside the Festhaus (which could potentially mean having a queue inside the building). Any other corner of the building would force something to be shut down, either restrooms, LaRosa's, or Panda.

That proposal would appear to drastically impede exit from the building during a fire or other emergency, and impede access to Panda Express and the other eateries.

That building is no longer an ideal place for a maze, not that it ever was.

• Like 1

I think the best location for a new maze in this area of the park is Congo Falls/Timberwolf theater. I believe CornStalkers used to be located in that vicinity, but it has since been moved. Really, that area could fit more than one maze with one closer to the midway and another going deep into the rows of Timberwolf. Perhaps it could be themed to a concert gone wrong.

• Like 4

Maybe in the Festhaus, it's been awhile since we had a house in there & possibly get rid of Graveyard Shift or move it to the KI Theater

I'm all for getting rid of Graveyard Shift and never speaking of it again.

"We are a monster band" are words that shall Haunt my memories until the day I die.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like to see the park drop some houses, in order to raise quality of others. Or put more money into the event. :) I would like to see how the park could fair with a movie/video game themed haunted house! The Last of Us would be a great video game test! If the park has old Nickelodeon costumes or anything like that and they are really old/falling apart, try something with that, calling it something like: "Toons Since Forgotten".

• Like 1

I would like to see the park drop some houses, in order to raise quality of others. Or put more money into the event. :) I would like to see how the park could fair with a movie/video game themed haunted house! The Last of Us would be a great video game test! If the park has old Nickelodeon costumes or anything like that and they are really old/falling apart, try something with that, calling it something like: "Toons Since Forgotten".

Not unless they pay for licensing, they couldn't. VIACOM would live that. They still haven't quite gotten over how much Dick Kinzel's Cedar Fair paid sister company CBS.

I agree. I like that there is so many to check out and probably helps the lines some. But I'd be fine with them cutting out 2 or 3 if it meant having a really strong line up of fewer houses with better theming and quality.

• Like 2

i didnt know which was the current topic so ill go in both! ok so im starting my obsession with Halloween Haunt and this is what i think; mazes they need to do this year from favorite to least: a maze based on different types of phobias, a doll factory/ toy factory maze, a maze themed on Banshee and maybe a school themed maze. Mazes to get rid of: tombstone terror-tory, club blood, delta delta die and urgent scare. wolf pack would move to where tombstone terror-tory was and the Banshee maze would go where it was. the phobia maze could go on a trail in between congo falls and the timberwolf theater where cornstalkers once was previously. the zombie high school can be where delta delta die was or if they get rid of holiday horror it could go there too since i don't see them getting rid of a maze that just came out but i really think that maze really needs a total new theme there. and the toy/doll factory could go where urgent scare was and they could move slaughterhouse to club bloods old location. id rather see them work on some of the old ones like holiday horror and urgent scare and bring them to their former glory but they never seem to do that. I'd most love for them to do the phobia maze with rooms with maybe a bunch of loose feared animals( spiders, snakes, bugs, rodents bees) and then rooms with a bunch of unlucky things (black cats, certain numbers, upside horseshoes, broken mirrors and such), then claustrophobia, and fear of the dark, and then you could do a lot with fear of needles/ diseases and germs, i cant vision it but maybe a fear of heights or flying. those are just things i thought of. id also love the toy factory cause you can include the doll part in it and include other things!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm all for it except the loose animals. Kings Island wouldn't let loose animals they don't want guests getting hurt. Plus I don't think the claustrophobia would be a very good idea. In case of an emergency or something like that.

Didn't KI have to shut down Slaughterhouse it's first year due to live animals?!

I'm all for it except the loose animals. Kings Island wouldn't let loose animals they don't want guests getting hurt. Plus I don't think the claustrophobia would be a very good idea. In case of an emergency or something like that.

For claustrophobia they could just do one of those inflatable bag/tunnels that you have to push through.

• Like 1

No one knows about M.R. James anymore, but his concepts are frightening- a federal house concept where some of his themes can be played out; considering his not well known, not many of the patrons would know what's gling to happen.

Sometimes a whisper near the ear is better than loud yelling.

They have snakes in the Bayou themed house, the girls seem to have a solid hold on them, and it's not like the snakes seem alarmed or afraid.

Pigs are skittish, anyway. Psychotic pigs are the worst. Slaughterhouse does well without them, they seem to have been able to keep that smell.

• Like 1

Didn't KI have to shut down Slaughterhouse it's first year due to live animals?!

No, Slaughter House was never shut down due to animals.

Psychotic pigs are the worst. Slaughterhouse does well without them, they seem to have been able to keep that smell.

Ah yes, the smell. If one were to have gone to Stunt Crew Grill in April-August previous years, that smell was nowhere to be found, yet somehow it magically reappeared every September. Who knows where that aromatic atrocity will appear next? Not even Sam knows at this time...

• Like 1