What do you want for Halloween Haunt?

Delirium2018

What I'd really, really like to see is a haunt semi-based on Banshee folklore. I don't mean that it should be immediately tied into the Banshee ride itself, with the logo being a modification of the existing Banshee logo and the actors resembling the Banshee in the logo and all that. That might be interesting, but it could easily and accidentally be very cheesy. Play into the idea of Banshees themselves, because, seriously--it's a legend about the spirit a woman who screams when someone is about to die violently. You couldn't script a better idea for an attraction where the employees scream. Make it a claustrophobic, foggy tromp through a German village, followed by a deep walk through a haunted forest.

Why a German village, when Banshees are from Irish folklore? ;)

Because... uh...

Because I said so! Yeah.

Germany and Ireland are basically the same thing, right?

(That post has been filed as Reason Why I Should Not Be Allowed to Post When Tired # 1,928,375.)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mazes: I can see us possibly getting Terror of London, Zombie High & 2 all new mazes. Leaving mazes could be Holiday Horror, Tombstone Territory, Club Blood (replaced by Slaughterhouse), Cornstalkers & Carnevil.

Shows: Graveyard Shift & Blood Drums will return, Hot Blooded will retire & obviously Ed will not be back. Possibly 1 or 2 new shows.

Scare Zones: Backwood Bayou & Cemetary Drive will return. Then something new in Planet Snoopy, Action Zone & possibly in other parts of the park.

Mazes Returning:

Slaughterhouse

Wolf Pack

CarnEVIL

Bored 2 Death

Delta Delta Die

Cornstalkers(Maybe)

Madame Fatales

Mazes Leaving:

Club Blood

Holiday Horror

Urgent Scare

Tombstone Terror-Tory

New Mazes/New mazes throughout future Haunts:

Dia De Los Muertos

Forevermore

Doll Factory

Some type of Phobia maze

Zombie High School.

Shows: Blood Drums, Graveyard Shift(Plus the new ones)

Scare Zones: Freak Street, Cemetery Drive, Backwoods Bayou.(Get rid if others and make new ones)

• Like 1

I just hope I get to return to another great season of Halloween Haunt. I've had so much fun over the last five seasons that I look forward to October with much anticipation.

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments about Urgent Scare. With the top notch stuff added in recent years, a sprucing up would do wonders. It really needs a facelift.

I agree about the gas powered chainsaws too. There need to be a few. Don't go crazy with them, but a few would be nice. I know a particular roamer that would enjoy one :)

• Like 4

"Backwoods Bayou", based on my experience of it last year, would honestly be an amazing maze compared to being a Scare Zone. I would replace "Tombstone Terror-Tory" with "Backwoods Bayou" and make a longer trail for people to follow after they are dropped off by the train. Also I'd give it a large voodoo/"Crazy Hillbilly" theme with ACTUAL CHAIN SAWS (Minus the blades of course). Just the whole feeling of being in the woods with crazy hillbilly's and also a voodoo theme as well would give it a great feeling of being in a creepy Louisiana bayou!

Ok so this doesn't have anything to do with the Haunt attractions themselves, but merchandise. I will never forget the year I went to a Haunt and I saw someone with a really awesome Cedar Point HalloWeekends shirt that had lights on it and it lit up in different colors/patterns. It was amazing! I think it would be nice if the park got some cool merch like that this year or some time in the future because you could definitely count me in for buying a shirt or a hoodie that lights up!

I don't think anyone would argue some fresh new Haunt themed merch!

• Like 2

Do what other parks, that have better shows, do...hire in people FROM the haunted house/attraction industry and let them play. Give them guides, a budget and rules and let's see what they come up with. I'd guarantee, given a couple of years, Haunt would be in direct competition with shows in Florida.

Just sayin'

-T

• Like 4

What would I like this year? For the scare actors, or whatever you call them, to wait to take their positions and to stay hidden while the "family" portion of the day is still going on. I was there last year and they were starting to transition into "Haunt" a good 30-40 minutes before the Howl-O-Palooza portion of the day was over. I thought we had lost track of time because we were walking back towards International Street and there were bloody, decomposing zombies and other such characters starting to come out and walk around. I checked my watch and we still had a good half hour or so left. I know most people could care less, but sometimes I'm there with my young niece or nephew and we choose not to attend "Haunt" because of these types of things. My nephew, who is also autistic, is frightened easily and very sensitive. If the schedule says that Howl-O-Palooza goes until 6, then there is no reason for bloodies zombies to be roaming around at 5:30.

• Like 6

I'd like the scare factor of the mazes to be toned down.

They have non-scary mazes. There's a hay bale maze and a nursery rhyme themed maze over in Soak City for your enjoyment! :D

Just givin' you a hard time! ;)

Oh, that's ok. Kings Island also has roller coasters, and I like roller coasters. So I can ride those.

• Like 4

What would I like this year? For the scare actors, or whatever you call them, to wait to take their positions and to stay hidden while the "family" portion of the day is still going on. I was there last year and they were starting to transition into "Haunt" a good 30-40 minutes before the Howl-O-Palooza portion of the day was over. I thought we had lost track of time because we were walking back towards International Street and there were bloody, decomposing zombies and other such characters starting to come out and walk around. I checked my watch and we still had a good half hour or so left. I know most people could care less, but sometimes I'm there with my young niece or nephew and we choose not to attend "Haunt" because of these types of things. My nephew, who is also autistic, is frightened easily and very sensitive. If the schedule says that Howl-O-Palooza goes until 6, then there is no reason for bloodies zombies to be roaming around at 5:30.

We had this happen when my daughter was younger and it was not a pleasant experience. She used to panic at anything remotely scary. She strongly prefers happier things to scary still (she wears rose colored glasses most days).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea of the Banshee themed maze. It would really set the mood of the Banshee. The question is... Where would they have room to build this? I was thinking that chunk of land on the right of Congo Falls and part of the area for Timberwolf. I think that this maze would become an instant hit and favorited by many!

They could put it in the building that houses Wolf Pack & move WP to the woods or where Tombstone is

• Like 1

In terms of the monsters getting to their mazes, particularly the two in Planet Snoopy, there's not really an easy way for them to reach their particular maze without walking in view of park guests during the "transition" phase. That's just one of the caveats of not being able to shut the park down after Howl-o-Palooza ends to get the park ready for Haunt to begin. There also was a strict rule in place about not interacting with guests on your way to your positions, not even making eye contact. As for street performing monsters, I think the big thing is that they decided to start Haunt earlier in recent years at 6:30. While it's only a half-hour difference from previous openings (@ 7), it's also a half-hour GAP between two totally different events.

I don't have children of my own, but I understand the major concern of having your child exposed to the themes that Haunt entails before the event even begins. Some enjoy it, others don't, and they shouldn't be forced into something they don't want to do. And also because then the parents start taking their frustration out on the monsters, some of whom go out of their way to avoid confrontation, because their child is frightened.

Oh, and don't think this is only an issue at Kings Island; plenty of people have brought their toddlers and infants to standalone haunted houses with strollers.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...