New for 2014 - Platinum/Gold Passes & Unlimited Dinosaurs Alive Access

MantisMan

Sorry if this is already posted on the forums. A quick search didn't return anything.

Thanks to a GOCC Facebook post and the Kings Island website......

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/ticket-category/2014-Season-Passes

Cedar Point is showing the same for the Platinum Pass.....

https://www.cedarpoint.com/ticket-category/2014-Season-Passes

Pretty nice benefit of owning a pass since I always wanted to check it out but didn't want to pay the up-charge.

• Like 10

Dinosaurs Alive! is all a matter of target market. Most coaster enthusiasts are NOT in the target demographic for the attraction. That said, I think it is worth doing at least once, if only to see how well they did isolating it from the rest of the park (unlike some parks that placed it under a 90+MPH giga coaster...).

When I walk through that attraction, it truly does feel as if I've left Kings Island. And not in a bad way.

• Like 11

I really like DA. I have been through it a few times. My main and only gripe is I've never seen everything at one time working properly. It's a great break during the day. Some what quiet and shaded.

I know they are not affiliated, but Jurassic Park 4 is coming out June 2015. I can only think it would bring added attention to any dinosaur themed exhibit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I wonder, if they plan on keeping the same Action theater show for much longer? I found it kind of cool, but for the most part meh.

In my opinion, them pulling out the moving seats was a mistake... But who knows they could of had high maintenance levels or parts were getting hard to find or multiple reasons.

I've heard rumors that the video won't be back and that they simply won't be running a video this year but that's far from certain.

• Like 4

Did the seats go away at other parks? I know in 2012 Carowinds was still running Spongebob, with moving seats. I'm not sure they ever got the DA movie. I'd be interested to find out. I notice that the Action Theater page on Carowinds's website is active, much like the Thunder Alley page on KI's website. The links have just been removed.

• Like 2

Oddly enough, Kings Island still has their moving seats, though I doubt they're being used for anything besides spare parts. In December at the ACE Holiday Party, they were sitting outside. Here's the picture I took of them:

1455092_10152473537806632_454235841_n.jp

I've got a weird minor affection for Action Theater. It never was amazing by any means, but I've got a lot of good memories of waiting in line for Spongebob 3D with friends. If there's no film this year, I hope they're able to make use of the space for Haunt--although I'm not fond of another fairly large building only being used 1.25 months out of the year.

• Like 10

I'm excited about this news! My wife and I went through Dinosaurs Alive! the first year it opened. I think it was definitely worth doing once. The past couple of seasons I've been in the mood to check it out again, but never wanted to fork out the $5 a piece. However, this year I'm sure we'll be making several trips through the trails to check out the dinos. Looking forward to this now!

• Like 1

I've got a weird minor affection for Action Theater. It never was amazing by any means, but I've got a lot of good memories of waiting in line for Spongebob 3D with friends. If there's no film this year, I hope they're able to make use of the space for Haunt--although I'm not fond of another fairly large building only being used 1.25 months out of the year.

Same here, for different reasons. While we were dating, Tanna kept saying "I'll never get married." So I never asked her. So she proposed to me. She wanted to do it on the Carousel, but was afraid I would drop the ring down a crack. So she proposed on Days of Thunder, with it's concrete floor. Immediately after which, the seats started bouncing comically. (sorry, no matter how I word it, it sounds bad) But I DID HOLD ON TO THE RING.

• Like 9

I know I'm not the only one that predicted this, but I'm not digging around for their posts, only ones that prove my power of prognostication! :lol:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/23493-something-big-announced-3-18-11/?p=420403

But seriously, I can see myself only doing this once as well, since it will be $15 to get my whole family in. I think the addition is a good thing for the park, but I question how long the upcharge will remain. We'll see how the public reacts to it, since it's definitely more of a family attraction than the other upcharge attractions currently offered at the park.

and

I wonder if the upcharge will eventually go the way of the FearFest upcharge they had it's first couple of seasons.
  • Like 1