"The Cincinnati Kids" is on Hallmark Channel right now

jcgoble3

Got to love the ending...

1. Marcia and Jan run the blueprints from where The Beast is located now to....

2. Alice who is waiting near the exit to the log ride who runs the blueprints to...

3. Bobbie and Cindy who are near the Sling Shot ride entrance who run the blueprints to....

4 Greg and Peter near Antique Treats in Coney Island, who run the blueprints to Carol, near Larosa's Pizza on International Street who runs the blueprints backstage (where only employees can go) to Mike at the office.

5. Mike gives the blueprints to the executives who leave for their flight...

6. and....everyone who has been furiously running throughout the park meets up with Mike and Carol at the exact same moment, backstage (where only employees can go)...and no one is exhausted from their marathon, and all but Mike go to ride The Racer (a suggestion that chicken Mike has made!)...

Hilarious!

• Like 5

I often point to the right when visiting X-Base with friends and say, "This is where they'd put The Bathroom. IF THEY HAD ONE!"

Suddenly I have the urge to utilize photo manipulation software to create an image to correspond with this...

12445951375_b59aa788be_c.jpg

I believe that this is now a fairly odd post.

EDIT: I believe the filter broke my ability to type "bathroom" preceded by "the" without capitalizing due to its first letters being "The Bat". May want to look into that, Dane :P

Of course, bathrooms in X-Base would be a substantial enough addition that it would be worth a trademark and capitalized name.

• Like 14

Yeah, I probably should have used a PM, rather than posting it here. Regardless, spam posts should be avoided. If you happen to stumble upon something that doesn't work quite right, make a note of it and tell the appropriate parties (read: Dane) through a PM. No software is EVER perfect, but feedback can always improve it.

If you want to spam every last feature of software in an attempt to break it, look for a job in QA. It can be a lot of fun, particularly if you are creative. The difference is, QA people work behind the scenes and nobody sees their tests. Except the people who have to rebuild the testing database because the intern (who may or may not have been me...) was testing for SQL injections and went a bit "DROP TABLE" happy. I often sent them scrambling like Jan looking for those blueprints. Good times.

-homestar92, who somehow brought this back on topic.

• Like 3

It should be coming up in the rotation on MeTV (Memorable Entertainment Television, Ch. 5.2 in the Cincinnati market) sometime in March.

Rotation? What's that mean?

MeTV plays the episodes in order, for the most part. They show four episodes each Sunday from 12pm-2pm. Last weekend, they aired Season 3 Episodes 18, 19, 20 & 21. The Cincinnati Kids is Season 5 Episode 11. I projected out and it looks like "The Cincinnati Kids" should air on April 13th as long as they don't skip episodes, which occasionally they do.

GatorGirl watches The Brady Brunch (as MeTV calls that two hour block of time on Sundays) every week, even though we have every season on DVD.

• Like 7

• 5 months later...
Guest dtk1376

You can usually find the pop-up video version of this episode on YouTube. Been a while since I watched it but remember thinking "that's pretty cool", a lot of little notes about the park in there, not things just about The Brady Bunch.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I actually purchased that episode from iTunes. That's a real gem. I watch it every once in awhile on my iPad or Apple TV (or iPhone for that matter..pretty small picture though). Picture quality is outstanding. It gives many great views of old Kings Island, including the Kings Inn.

• Like 3

Guest dtk1376

Though Brady Bunch had a episode at Kings Island, but so did The Partridge Family, I rarely hear it mentioned at Kings Island like they mention the Brady Bunch.

I think that mostly has to do with the fact that The Brady Bunch was much more popular long term than The Partridge Family was. I have watched both and they both give pretty good visuals of the park. Although The Partridge Family seems to be based mostly in the Oktoberfest and Coney Mall section of the park whereas The Brady Bunch episode is more spread out through the park. Personally I like the visuals in The Partridge Family more though, they give good close ups of the Carousel, Monster, and Racer.

• Like 5

I have this episode forever saved on my DVR. I watch it way too much. My mother often told me of being in the park and seeing Bobby and Cindy during filming of the scene where they are sitting on the bench eating popcorn and ruining their appetite. ha!

• Like 6

I actually purchased that episode from iTunes. That's a real gem. I watch it every once in awhile on my iPad or Apple TV (or iPhone for that matter..pretty small picture though). Picture quality is outstanding. It gives many great views of old Kings Island, including the Kings Inn.

Can you share a link or tell me how to find it on iTunes? I can't find it! :(

The running of the bulls portion drives me up the wall. Marcia and Jan were a hop, skip and a jump from the front of the park if they had just turned right past LaRosas and then beared left up the midway past the Eiffel Tower-if they had gone that route Mike probably would have had plenty of time to make his presentation. Also, do you realize that Bobby and Cindy went back to the sight of where Vortex is now to hand the plans to Greg when they were already near the front of the park? To be honest I think a lot of this had to do with a poor editing job on this episode. For example, look at the scene where they are riding The Racer when the train starts on the right side, then ends up on the left side after the camera cuts. Or look at Marcia and Jan's ride on the Log Flume when we see the switchbacks in the queue area completedly full, then after a cut, we see an empty queue area. Still a fun episode but do prefer The Partridge Family episode-David Cassidy's comic timing is brilliant in this episode.

• Like 3

The running of the bulls portion drives me up the wall. Marcia and Jan were a hop, skip and a jump from the front of the park if they had just turned right past LaRosas and then beared left up the midway past the Eiffel Tower-if they had gone that route Mike probably would have had plenty of time to make his presentation. Also, do you realize that Bobby and Cindy went back to the sight of where Vortex is now to hand the plans to Greg when they were already near the front of the park? To be honest I think a lot of this had to do with a poor editing job on this episode. For example, look at the scene where they are riding The Racer when the train starts on the right side, then ends up on the left side after the camera cuts. Or look at Marcia and Jan's ride on the Log Flume when we see the switchbacks in the queue area completedly full, then after a cut, we see an empty queue area. Still a fun episode but do prefer The Partridge Family episode-David Cassidy's comic timing is brilliant in this episode.

Well, they had to bulk out a thin plot, and it also shows lots of the park. the park in the episode looks as big as the park is today, thanks to creative camera work.

I'm watching detective shows from the seventies on Netflix, it's chock full of continuity mistakes- shows in the seventies were expected a first run and summer rerun, not to be viewed over and over again on a nonexistent internet.

• Like 4