What Live Shows Can We Expect In The 2014 Season?

GamesAndRides

Typically, head shots are required for professional companies when auditioning and 95% of the time they request a professional resume. Having a resume is one thing I believe everyone should have if they've ever had a job or are looking for a job, even in entertainment. I know several times, I've tried to just remember what roles I've played or what productions I've worked tech and that doesn't work well, it's easier to look it up on a resume.

I pretty much wrote my entertainment resume the other day. :lol: It took a lot more time than I thought it would... I couldn't remember what years I did a few of the shows. I had to think of who was in it with me, and how many years they graduated before or after me. Of course, most of those shows were over 23 years ago... :wacko:

• Like 2

Good to know. I'll have to ask for that when the time comes. Otherwise for me, once I stop looking identical to how I did in High School... I can hit up one of my friends and get some for a discounted price :)

Or take them myself. You just have to know how to do it well enough ;)

If need be, ya'll can ask me :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And there is one more to be announced at the end of this month.

Yeah, that's not the entire list. I think it's pretty well accepted that "Playlist Live!" will be returning along with "Rock 'n Roll Never Forgets." Plus there's the big production in the KI Theater.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see what the big production is in the KI Theater. Hopefully it is something unique. And hopefully they fixed the leak in the roof. I was in there one day when it was raining outside during Haunt, and they had a pretty substantial leak on one side of the theater that was leaking onto some of the seats (which they had roped off).

• Like 3

Is Playlist Live! Or Rock And Roll Never Forgets Coming back? Im thinking that "The Boyz Are Back" Will replace British Invasion.

Both "Playlist Live!" and "Rock n' Roll Never Forgets" debuted last year. Shows usually last two seasons, so they will presumably be back.

*Crosses fingers in vain for "Ed Alonzo's Psycho Circus of Magic and Mayhem Part 3"

You could drive to Valleyfair!

• Like 2

I remember back when I worked Park Services when it was still Paramount...these teen girls approached me with a park map asking me about a show that was announced in the park starting up with "music by Rascal Flatts" among other artists and they wondered if it was those bands themselves. But as soon as I basically said they are musical revues by employees they were like "oh...not interested" That actually did happen a few times.

• Like 7

The only way a theme park will ever get a big name band to perform for an entire season is to have them performing before they become big names.

And even then, they probably won't get them for an entire season because at that point, such a band would have already been traveling around trying to expose themselves.

Though, Kings Island did at one time have The Jonas Brothers for a week or month long duration? (I forget how long)
It was back in 2005 at the International Showplace, and they were coupled with other groups that, although I know one group name, I don't want to specify, for their sake. (they weren't as lucky as The Jonas Brothers were.)

..Unless it's during Haloween Haunt; not Fear Fest.

fear fest.

*Is the latter still registered? Or has it expired?....

---

BTW.. I pretty much forgot who they were(98 degrees).. Didn't know of them during their prime or before.
Maybe Kings Island will have a song or two of theirs playing in one of their specific shows.

• Like 1

"The Boyz Are Back" (boy band show in Festhaus)

*Facepalm*

Nemo isn't the only person who has an axe to grind...

It goes without saying that the shows in the current Cedar Fair era just aren't the same as they used to be a long time ago. Shows like "Superstars" (pre-Paramount) and "Forbidden Magic" (Paramount) had a certain finesse and character to them; You expected them to be good and they were. It's nice to change things up with shows like Ed Alonzo's, but these musical revues are just tiring and blurring together.

• Like 8

I know this is going to be unpopular but I really didn't like Ed Alonzo's show. Although it was leaps ahead of shows like Rock and Roll Never Forgets I found the jokes lame and the magic standard. It was cool the first two time but I wouldn't see it nearly every visit a year like many users on here do.

Personally I find ALL theme park shows annoying and cheap but some of the stuff Cedar Fair has been putting since they've expanded to 6 shows have no character or effort (the actors do put effort but the writing does not).

Maybe because I'm young but I'll stick to coasters and thrill rides when I'm at a park. The shows, food and side attractions are almost a distraction to me. Hopefully some day I'll appreciate the shows but for now I'll skip.

• Like 1

I know this is going to be unpopular but I really didn't like Ed Alonzo's show. Although it was leaps ahead of shows like Rock and Roll Never Forgets I found the jokes lame and the magic standard. It was cool the first two time but I wouldn't see it nearly every visit a year like many users on here do.

Keep in mind that a full-season magic show in an amusement park like the Alonzo show violates one of the cardinal rules of magic: never show the same trick to the same person twice. Most of the general public would have only seen it once, and that's fine. Us enthusiasts that saw it multiple times, however, would experience less and less enjoyment each time, because 1) after the first time, we know what's going to happen, so the element of surprise no longer exists, and 2) the more times you watch a trick, the easier it is to figure out how it's done (hence the cardinal rule that I mentioned), and that always ruins the enjoyment.

So in other words, a magic show like that is aimed at the general public who will only see it once in a season, not at enthusiasts and season pass holders who see it multiple times.

• Like 5

I have seen David Copperfield twice. Mind you the type of show he performs is different than what Ed puts on. After seeing David Copperfield (I saw him I think in 2005 and 2006) you can pick up on how some of the tricks were done. It's plain and simple it's a trick, not real magic. It's like Jonathan said it's not designed for people to see repeatedly. I love watching magic, cheesy humor and all.

• Like 3