6th Annual Coasting for Kids - Sunday, June 8

jcgoble3

Hi emileeee, (that's a lot of e's),

The itinerary based on the Coasting For Kids page of Kings Island is as follows:

Registration time: 8:00 a.m. front gate plaza (All participants must arrive and be checked in by 8:45 a.m. to participate prior to 10:00 a.m.)

Event time: 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Marathon taking place on: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Diamondback
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - Red Racer
10:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. - Banshee

Meal: 12:00 p.m. in International Restaurant

Awards ceremony time and location: 11 p.m. at Banshee entrance plaza

Additional itinerary details: Group photo at 8:55 a.m. at Diamondback entrance

Regular park operating hours: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.

In the morning we'll get our welcome packs including shirts, we'll then walk to Diamondback for a group photo, ride at Diamondback, then head to Racer, where we'll marathon until lunch. You will ride two times, exit the station, go through the Fast Lane entrance and ride again two times, repeat. We'll have lunch and then go back to marathoning. The Racer marathon event ends at 6 pm when you have the ability to do whatever in the park. At 10:30-11pm we'll be at Banshee for night ERT.

It's a pretty basic day. Lots of fun, very tiring. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

Just a reminder that you can still donate! According to the site, Kings Island is 95% of the way to their goal. Please help Kings Island get to their goal.

My daughter hit her minimum, but has not hit her goal of $100. Thank you to those who have helped her from this site.

http://support.gktw.org/site/TR/CoastingForKids/General?px=1225213&pg=personal&fr_id=1236

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thought I'd share a little anecdote here. A good family friend who unfortunately lost three children to Cystic Fibrosis was very excited when she found out that we were all raising money for Give Kids the World. She stayed at Give Kids the World Village many years ago with her children, and she wanted me to forward her thanks to everyone on here for caring about such a great organization. She also wanted me to let everyone know that she couldn't think of many causes that could be more worthwhile.

Let's keep up the good work, guys. Adding up the displayed totals from each park as listed on the website, we're over $100,000 chainwide, and that's awesome.

• Like 5

I can't wait for Sunday. A great time, with great people, for an Awesome cause!!. For those of you that want to complain about the rule changes, all I can say is please take a good look at yourself. This is not about roller coasters, its about making a child feel good during a time of pain and fear. For those of you who are participating on Sunday( riding or not) can't wait to see you.

• Like 3

I would like to ask anyone participating here, if you are a part of Coaster Crew, to participate in a group photo directly following lunch at 1 pm, outside of The Racer Station. If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me or get ahold of me at the event.

Ok, I wasn't going to post anything; but this has been eating at me since yesterday. I know this may ruffle some feathers, and admins may remove my post. As a continuing member of KIC, I feel this has to be mentioned. I'm not going to name the person, and what happened was confirmed as true.

It just sickens me that someone on this forum would attempt to enter the Coasting for Kids event yesterday wearing last year's shirt. Without raising the minimum amount needed to participate. I usually don't like so say anything, but this event means a lot to me, an others who work hard to raise money for this organization. It's just a slap in the faces of us, Cedar Fair, and Give Kids the World. I feel it gives KIC another strike in the eyes of the park. You really need to do a self evaluation, because what you attempted to do was the lowest of the low. I'm done ranting. I know other are also fuming. Admins if you want to remove my post, go ahead. This blatant non respect that has been going on the last couple I years has to stop. I know admins can't really do much to stop it. But, I think if members that really care about this community speak up; this behavior will go away.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

• Like 4

My daughter tried hard to raise money. She felt bad not hitting $200 or more. It was not because she did not try collecting donations. People just did not have money to give right now.

I am very thankful that members of this community are hugely responsible for helping Katie reach her goal. She does not actively post here, but many know her. I appreciate the wonderful people for paying to set her account up. Without them, she could not have done this. They aren't looking for praise because they paid for the initial cost, but they are examples of the people on this forum.

However, I am sorely disappointed that someone would attempt to do the event without collecting the funds to do so. I am not sure why someone would think it's acceptable to do such a thing. Just knowing the generosity of people on this site, the funds would have been donated to anyone truly trying to reach the minimum for the fundraiser.

Additionally, thank you to those of you who kept an eye on my daughter. I know she's 16, but I still appreciate it. She's a bit crazy (I think she's hilarious).

• Like 3

I love doing Coasting for Kids every year, it's really fun and the money goes to a great cause. This was my third year participating in the event and it feels awesome knowing that while I'm having fun at Kings Island, I'm helping to make a kid's dream come true. I really wasn't feeling that great yesterday so I didn't ride Diamondback and The Racer as much as everyone else, but I still had a really good time hanging out at the park with my KIC friends and family. It's just kinda depressing to know that someone from KIC would try to get the same benefits as the ones that raised the money in the 2014 event. It's one thing to wear the 2013 shirt and show that you have participated in the past, it's another to try and use it to your advantage for the next year without participating. KIC already has a bit of a bad reputation with the park and that makes me sad because I love being a part of such a great website, but then there are the ones who spoil it for everyone else. I really enjoy it being a free community to be a part of, but I also don't. A lot of people that wouldn't pay for a membership are the ones who just like to be troublemakers and ruin everyone else's fun.I don't know who did it, but I really don't care who it was. I just hope whoever did this realizes what a mistake they made and doesn't try to do anything like it again. I also hope that it may keep others from making the same mistake.

• Like 5

I suppose the important thing is, this "participant" was stopped and now has to live with themselves as well as the reputation they have garnered for them self.

To everyone else: great job! You did a great thing that day and had a lot if fun in the process!

• Like 8

Really, did someone REALLY try to pull that. People AREN'T dumb, they catch on if you have a past year's shirt. I mean you could of went to the other coaster (If The Racer had one side CFK one GP) and just did it like that. But oh no, yet again, someone has the audacity to go and be a "Oh look, I'm KIC, I get in for free!". No, just because you are a part of KIC doesn't mean you get a get by free card. Such a shame that is, especially with our already dark relationship with KI.

And this is a children's event!!!!! This is for people to give back and give kids a chance to actually live! Yet you have the audacity to go and do only for yourself! Truly, this is just stupidity at the highest echelons.

• Like 1

You can ask, but I hope no one answers. It's not important everyone knows in my opinion. Someone made a poor choice and I hope the individual learns that it's not acceptable. I know I used it as a tool to talk to my daughter about doing things for the right reasons and not doing things for selfish reasons.

• Like 1