Color Me Rad 5K

flightoffear1996

Dear Internet,

Please stop giving me things that I can't resist spending money on. I need to pay down my credit card, but apparently you don't like that. Why?

Sincerely,

Me

:P

I'm registered, and I created a KIC team while I was at it. To join the KIC team, you will need to select "Kings Island Central" from the dropdown list and enter the team captain's (that's me) last name (Goble).

Oh, and I ordered four extra bags of color while I was at it. hehehehehehehehe......

EDIT: Also, for anyone who wants to join me, I registered for the 7:30 wave.

• Like 2

^ From the FAQ on colormerad.com:

Q. How do I switch teams?

A. When you login to your account, click "edit personal information". You can switch teams by clicking "join a different team" and entering the new team name and team captain's last name.

Unfortunately, I don't think I would enjoy being pelted with colored cornstarch at 7:30am, or any time. I hope you all have fun!

• Like 2

By the way, remember that the Susan G. Komen "Color Me Pink" 5K walk/run may return this season. Those wanting to participate in just one race at Kings Island involving colored powder might want to hold off for details on that.

A Google search for recent content involving "Color Me Pink" includes an empty page on Kings Island's website, entitled "COLOR ME PINK 5k", updated 2 days ago.

• Like 1

By the way, remember that the Susan G. Komen "Color Me Pink" 5K walk/run may return this season. Those wanting to participate in just one race at Kings Island involving colored powder might want to hold off for details on that.

A Google search for recent content involving "Color Me Pink" includes an empty page on Kings Island's website, entitled "COLOR ME PINK 5k", updated 2 days ago.

The Color Me Pink event last year was so much fun that I'll happily do both. :)

• Like 3

^ From the FAQ on colormerad.com:

Q. How do I switch teams?

A. When you login to your account, click "edit personal information". You can switch teams by clicking "join a different team" and entering the new team name and team captain's last name.

Unfortunately, I don't think I would enjoy being pelted with colored cornstarch at 7:30am, or any time. I hope you all have fun!
Many of us did the Color Me Pink 5K at KI last year. It was actually a lot of fun.
  • Like 2

I wonder why the charitable information isn't listed on the web site yet.

It may not be for charity but for profit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, as I did more research I found out that the last time I was painted a color at Kings Island it was for profit....

There's a charity section of the web site. It just seems like it hasn't been updated yet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bumping this since the run is only a week and a half away.

I upgraded to shipping for my packet as soon as they gave me that option in an email, and got it today. (If you didn't upgrade to shipping, it's too late to do so, and you'll have to pick it up in advance; you should have received an email with that information.) I also realized that I didn't have plain white clothes (the shirt in your packet is NOT white, but rather a lightish blue), so I picked up some plain white Fruit of the Loom shorts and a matching shirt at Walmart tonight for less than ten bucks.

• Like 2

Bumping this since the run is only a week and a half away.

I upgraded to shipping for my packet as soon as they gave me that option in an email, and got it today. (If you didn't upgrade to shipping, it's too late to do so, and you'll have to pick it up in advance; you should have received an email with that information.) I also realized that I didn't have plain white clothes (the shirt in your packet is NOT white, but rather a lightish blue), so I picked up some plain white Fruit of the Loom shorts and a matching shirt at Walmart tonight for less than ten bucks.

what do they recommend....all white? shorts and tee?

or at the very least...just a white tee-shirt?

I'm not a fan of 'White Shorts' - Then...the whole world gets to see my Scooby Doo Underwear....

• Like 2

Technically, you can wear whatever colors you want, however white is recommended as it provides the best background to make the color "pop". However, I think black clothes could also make for a nice effect with the color.

And you just admitted to the whole world that you wear Scooby Doo underwear. :P

Transmitted from Wild Space via my datapad's DROID brain

EDIT: Autocorrect can go to hell.

Fair warning to every participating: According to WeatherBug, the current forecast for the time of the run is for temperatures in the mid-40s. This is a far cry from the 60s we had last year for the Color Me Pink 5K. Dress accordingly, especially if you plan to walk the 5K instead of running like I plan to.

jcgoble3, who may be canceling his plans to do The Beach's opening day after the 5K (stupid Ohio weather)

Fair warning to every participating: According to WeatherBug, the current forecast for the time of the run is for temperatures in the mid-40s. This is a far cry from the 60s we had last year for the Color Me Pink 5K. Dress accordingly, especially if you plan to walk the 5K instead of running like I plan to.

jcgoble3, who may be canceling his plans to do The Beach's opening day after the 5K (stupid Ohio weather)

I was actually glad to see those temps....I run a lot better when its cooler out. I thought it was 40s for the start (but warmed up quickly) of the Color Me Pink run last year...I remember it being fairly chilly.