Color Me Rad 5K

flightoffear1996

Most runners do run better in cooler temperatures; I know I do. If you're running, it will feel like 60s, but walkers will feel every bit of the 40s. Having not done a race or training run in 52 weeks to the day Saturday, I have no choice but to walk.

As for last year, I believe it was indeed around 60, maybe upper 50s, when people were arriving at 6am, but it did warm up quickly. The temperature graph here says otherwise, but I think that data is wrong, as I probably would not have worn a t-shirt and shorts that morning if it was indeed in the 40s. That graph actually says it was only 50 at the end of the run, which is laughable because at 9am I was walking out to my car in a t-shirt and shorts that were soaking wet, having just taken a shower with my clothes on, and I did not feel cold at all at that time. One would think that a person wearing only a t-shirt and shorts that are soaking wet in 50°F temperatures would be freezing. I wasn't.

No 5ks for me right now..woke up still sore..for those wanting a quick workout I did mine in about 14 minutes it's a quick burner which I like for Fridays

5 toe to bar pull ups (flex arm the bar and bring toes to bar)

4 Dead Lifts (I did 205)

3 wall walks ( push up position, walk feet up the wall and hands closer to wall till vertical then back down)

200m run

Repeat six times.

It sucked..just..grr..hurting

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

The 2015 Color Me Rad 5k coincides with the first morning of Coasterstock (Saturday May 16).

According to the Season Pass Portal, Gold and Platinum passholders can receive 50% off their race registration (although, when I tried, the promo code came back invalid).

I'm not sure I want to start the two days of Coasterstock with an early morning run, myself, but I would like to do one of these races someday. It would be cool to get together a KIC team.

• Like 3

I signed up to do this again this year. I hope it is more organized than last year. The registration situation was a real mess. In fact, I had to ignore what the Color Me Rad people said to do, or I would have completely missed the race. Luckily I was able to locate someone from Kings Island to help me.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

For anyone that is doing this Saturday morning, I talked with the ladies in Guest Relations at the park this afternoon about parking, since the Color Me Rad people didn't send out any information on that.

Color Me Rad 5K participants will enter the parking lot at the traffic light at Soak City Drive (this is the light immediately to the south of the regular south tolls). That entrance will open at 5:30 AM.

I did not ask anything about the race course or anything else; however, I'm assuming that the race course will be different this year since Coasterstock participants will be starting to show up, park, and check in prior to the race beginning, thus the main part of the parking lot and the entry plaza will obviously be unavailable for the 5K.