Should Flight of Fear be re-themed?

italianchef

He's how I think needs to happen. Keep Flight of Fear, themed around the same idea. Upgrade the queue theming though.

Replace the old computer monitors with newer slim computer monitors (most of them wouldn't even have to be working!), replace the current TV's with flat screens, have all the flashing lights working on the outside of the spaceship, have the que line video, redone into HD and also have the sound enhanced (maybe have someone redo/improve the animations in the video too?), Add a special effects, lighting package tied into the video (nothing that lowers the quality of lighting in their but more or less adds to it).

Inside the spaceship, neon glowing lights, ride boarding area, make it look like their is aliens "alive" in the "body bags" on the walls, like have the bag "inflate" and "deflate".

On the ride, when you launch off in the tunnel, have a bunch of small little lights that gives the illusion of stars, after that have some aliens flash on real quick as you pass them by.

At the exit station, have a little story their that ties into the one from the line queue.

That makes sense. Some star lights as mentioned would also be cool during the ride and inexpensive I imagine. I shudder to think what reports there may be of what happened when the lights went out...some people are utterly disgusting.

As far as the "star lights" in the tunnel while you are launched....they had those once....during Halloween Haunt a couple of years ago. While it was cool, it was kind of a waste as you saw them for a split second. The ride experience IMHO is as good as it is going to get until they smooth it out a bit and get stop the Mid-course from making the train come to an almost complete stop.

• Like 2

I agree with most others. I think the theme and everything is fine as it is but it could use a little TLC. Fix up some of the lights and effects with the UFO and things, maybe upgrade some of it a bit too.

Would really like to see that area get some work done on it next as a whole. Add a flat ride or two and some restrooms, maybe a food stand too and make it it's own full fledged section.

• Like 3

As far as the "star lights" in the tunnel while you are launched....they had those once....during Halloween Haunt a couple of years ago. While it was cool, it was kind of a waste as you saw them for a split second. The ride experience IMHO is as good as it is going to get until they smooth it out a bit and get stop the Mid-course from making the train come to an almost complete stop.

I actually prefer FoF when it DOES come to a complete stop at the mid-course break run. I love taking that first banked turn after that break run super slow.

• Like 3

I actually prefer FoF when it DOES come to a complete stop at the mid-course break run. I love taking that first banked turn after that break run super slow.

It's not as fun when there are two people in the train and you have to jerk forward like Captain Nemo and I did at Halloween Haunt a few years ago to get the train moving again.

• Like 3