The Chicken Shack!

jasonondropzone

^ Fried chicken breast tenders, french fries, and salads (that include their fried chicken).

I appreciate that the breading is "homestyle" and that the product is well-seasoned (specifically, not oversalted). Unfortunately, it is greasy (as all deep fried food is). This type of food doesn't sit well with me, so I probably won't be there often.

I personally didn't find the chicken to be too flavorful (seemed a bit bland) and not too greasy! I was happy about that!

I tried Los Pollos Hermanos (Chicken Shack), during Scream for A Kid Again, and it was quite good! especially the garlic bread thingy!

This is just me, but I think KI should hire someone that looks just like Gus Fring, to take people's orders. Or better yet, get the real dude from the tv show for one day, to come out their and take orders! I would come to the park just to order a meal from their that day!

• Like 4

:rolleyes: I'm actually eating Canes now watching the Reds! They can thank the girl in front of me eating Chicken Shack fingers in line for Banshee last night for my purchase!

I've been craving Cane's forever now. The one on Tylersville can't come soon enough!

• Like 1

When we used our dining plan on Sat, they included the bread with the meal.

I had to cover my Chicken with hot sauce to make up for the lack of seasoning. I cannot stand poorly/unseasoned food. My wife enjoyed hers as is. Our son however said his tasted bad and did not like them at all. I tried one of his and they tasted like they were cooked in fouled grease. Strange because they were all being served out of the same huge bowl.

The amount we were served, especially the fries, was substantially more than we thought it would be. I will be eating there on future visits.

• Like 1

I had to cover my Chicken with hot sauce to make up for the lack of seasoning. I cannot stand poorly/unseasoned food. My wife enjoyed hers as is. Our son however said his tasted bad and did not like them at all. I tried one of his and they tasted like they were cooked in fouled grease. Strange because they were all being served out of the same huge bowl.

Do send comments to the park; they get read.

They probably have multiple fryers, so pieces could have been cooked in different oil. You shouldn't be getting a "fouled grease" taste.

I liked their approach to seasoning, with (as far as I could tell) minimal salt/MSG. I even mentioned this to Mr. Gushulak on Media Day, though he refused to discuss the ingredients. (Other than to say that the chicken is fresh and prepared on-site.)

I try to avoid deep fried food, however, so I probably won't be there often.

That's really disappointing that it does in fact appear as though the combo does not include the Texas Toast or the dipping sauce. That brings the meal up to $16.97, which is incredibly expensive for what you get.

There are season pass discounts & all-season meal plans this season which may reduce that cost for frequent visitors.

I tried at on Media Day and didn't like it. I gave it another shot on Opening Day and enjoyed it a lot more. Probably had something to do with them not trying to serve 2000 people at once. The house sauce they offer is okay, but I particularly liked the sauce at the table. One thing that I noticed was that I thought the bottle (generic squeeze ketchup bottle) was defective since it wouldn't squirt anything. After trying two or three bottles, I realized that there was something in the ingredients that was blocking the spout. I ended up having to remove the cap and just pour the sauce. Well worth the effort, though. It reminded me of McDonald's Sweet and Sour Sauce, but it's much better. I actually ditched both the ketchup and the house sauce in favor of that sauce. I'd recommend giving it a shot next time around.

• Like 4

1. I do like Chicken Shack quite a lot. Haven't gotten around to trying the sauce on the table, but with the all-season dining plan, I'll have plenty of opportunities.

2. I don't know why I care so much, but there's something I gotta get off my chest: the bread they serve at Chicken Shack is not garlic bread. It's buttery Texas toast. Not garlic bread. Toast. No garlic. Yes toast. El pan sin el ajo. Le pain sans l'ail. 没有面包蒜。No garlic. Yes? Yes. Okay.

(The above was in jest and isn't actually an angry rant... But, for real, that's some sad garlic bread if it's supposed to be garlic bread. If it's an emulation of Raising Cane's, then it's actually just toast. I'm just saying! :) )

• Like 3

At those prices would prefer to dine at Hall of Fame-while they had a shaky opening day last year they certainly put it all together. Also like the 10 percent discount on all food and drink at KI with a Gold or Platinum Pass-10 percent is 10 percent.

• Like 3