Slaughterhouse 2014?

Delirium2018

I'd bet on it being relocated if it can't stay in Stunt Crew Grill, assuming Chicken Shack is its replacement. It's too popular of an attraction with both the general and hardcore Haunt audiences to get the axe, although I'd suggest they give it a major overhaul should a relocation be in the cards, much like the last several Knott's gave to their own Slaughterhouse maze.

• Like 2

Don't tell me that my premier place for prime grade H meat is going away! I love their meats, and I will cry if I loose that place too!

I would find it hard to believe that the GP's #1 Haunt would go, it has far too many fans. Though, that is what I said about Trail of Terror......

• Like 2

They could always just close down the Chicken Shack during Haunt to make room for Slaughterhouse. Lots of places sell Chicken Tenders and you can get wings at the Reds Hall of Fame Grille (I think). It wouldn't be a HUGE loss to the park visitors. However, closing down a location that brings in money for one that doesn't (at least not in a direct or measurable way) can be a very interesting and difficult decision. There may be a handful of people who wouldn't visit Haunt if Slaughterhouse went away, but would keeping that handful of customers be worth making less money from the rest?

• Like 1

Elyk I agree! I was just wondering if they might, but you do make a great point! GamesAndRides I disagree with you. I think that CarnEVIL has a lot of potential, but Kings Island just doesn't want to show it. Makes me sad to see how a good maze isn't as good as it could be. (Madame, CarnEVIL, Urgent)

In my opinion, I think If they bring back the 3-D glasses, The maze would be great! Right now, Its Just "Meh" If they were to bring the back Trail Of Terror. HH Would be great!

Agreed on Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror, I had high expectations of it from hearing the reviews of its first reincarnation, when I went through it however, it became one continuous line with no space in between groups, I enjoyed going in the big white box more than the maze itself.

Elyk I agree! I was just wondering if they might, but you do make a great point! GamesAndRides I disagree with you. I think that CarnEVIL has a lot of potential, but Kings Island just doesn't want to show it. Makes me sad to see how a good maze isn't as good as it could be. (Madame, CarnEVIL, Urgent)

The event, as a whole, shows potential, but it's plagued by poor design and management choices that keep it from being "the most immersive horror experience around" it markets itself to be (granted, the idea of "immersion" is immediately lost when you realize you can't drastically change the surrounding environment of an amusement park midway to fit the theme of, say, a dilapidated graveyard).

I think the event has gotten too big for them to adequately manage well as resources are spread way too thin over too many mazes; some look professionally well-done while others look like a third-rate backyard haunt. Size-wise compared to other park haunts, Universal is gearing up for its 24th annual Halloween Horror Nights and has only maxed out at 8 houses; meanwhile, Knott's Berry Farm has had their Haunt around for now 42 years and has 10. Kings Island's Haunt/Fest is just now reaching its 15th year of operation (technically 8th as they still refuse to acknowledge their FearFest past) and they've already gotten 11 mazes.

If they downsized to, say, five or six big mazes as a part of a major overhaul of the event and worked to up the quality from there, then it'd be a bigger critical success.

• Like 7