Knoebels Adding Impulse In 2015

This looks like a solid addition for the park, but I'm bewildered by how the park announced it: a sample link on their Facebook without any official announcement, facts, videos, etc. Plus being announced for 2015 before the 2014 season has even started... It just seems like so much lost opportunity when it comes to marketing the ride.

Also, whoever manages the Facebook page for the park may want to proofread some of their posts:

start built 2014 long done built 2015

• Like 3

A nice addition for what seems like a nice park. I'm also surprised by the announcement, especially the timing. I don't understand why the park would announce a ride for the next season--before this year's season has even started. Seems very strange to do this, but I'm sure they had decent reasoning for doing so.

• Like 1

There's a decent chance I'll make my first Knoebels visit this year. I'm curious to experience that park, because my outsider's impression of the park makes a Eurofighter seem very, very out of place.

EDIT: Correction! It's not a Gerstlauer Eurofighter at all. It's a Zierer coaster like Wicked at Lagoon, except with a vertical lift, according to Knoebels' Twitter (@KozmoKG):

@CoasterDanny76 It is a Zierer Chain lift Coaster, not a launch. Glad you're excited!

A link to the tweet.

EDIT again: DERP. The original post definitely says that it's a Zierer ride. Redundant post is redundant!

• Like 2

I think it's strange too how the stats and facts are scattered throughout. It would have made a lot more sense to release a press release. I was hoping it would launch like Wicked. I wonder why there's such a long piece of straight track before the lift. It's strange. The whole situation is strange...

• Like 1

This looks like a solid addition for the park, but I'm bewildered by how the park announced it: a sample link on their Facebook without any official announcement, facts, videos, etc. Plus being announced for 2015 before the 2014 season has even started... It just seems like so much lost opportunity when it comes to marketing the ride.

Also, whoever manages the Facebook page for the park may want to proofread some of their posts:

If you notice, they intentionally posted that....whoever runs the park's Facebook, typically is sarcastic in some replies.

Via Knoebels Facebook Page

All in response to the "announcement"

Paul T Phillips why is the hill only 98'? you coulda done it about 150'

Like · Reply · 13 hours ago

Knoebels Amusement Resort Perhaps you'd like to float us a loan?

Unlike · 30 · 13 hours ago

Tim Law it needs 12 more lopes and be 4 times as high as you think it should be

Like · Reply · 6 hours ago

Knoebels Amusement Resort We couldn't afford any lopes.

Unlike · 3 · 4 hours ago

• Like 13

If you notice, they intentionally posted that....whoever runs the park's Facebook, typically is sarcastic in some replies.

I didn't realize that, but makes a ton more sense. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...