2014 Park Map

DBInternational

Hello fellow KIC'ers!

Our 2014 Park Guide & Map is done! On deck: first show guide.

— Kings Island (@KingsIslandPR) https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/statuses/433935021892984832

' class="bbc_url">@

Our 2014 Park Guide & Map is done! On deck: first show guide.

— Kings Island (@KingsIslandPR) https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/statuses/433935021892984832

This tweet is absolutely killing me right now. When I read it a couple of Thursdays ago I got super excited and immediately checked the webpage.
Of course they hadn't updated it yet on the site and I was disappointed. Its been a little more than a week and they haven't put it up yet. It seems like they had last years map up by this time but I don't remember when it officially was posted. It seems that with all the changes that have occurred between this season and last (or have yet to take place) that I don't think they'll post a park map until opening day or a few days before.

So here are my questions to see if you can answer:

1. Was last year's map posted online by now?

2. Do you think KI will wait until opening day to update the website?

And I guess at the same time we don't know all of what's going on with the new change in AZ. So this poses more questions:

3. Will KI publicly announce what they're doing with the circle in AZ?

4. Do they have other things in the works that we who constantly check the webcams don't know about for the 2014?

It seems there's been a lot of speculation over a change in theme to AZ so if they don't announce it, we would be able to decipher it through the new park map release (hypothetically speaking). That's why I'm asking. Who knows, we may have to just wait and find out on opening day like we did with the Banshee fence.

Excited to see what's coming our way,

DBI

I have a hunch on 3.

It is too easy to guess, hence why they have been mum about the whole situation.

Nothing, just concrete, have fun speculating, but I believe that they are just pouring in the concrete and calling it a day.

3k posts of Boomerang Bay joy and happiness, by the only BB1.

Take a second and think, what if BB1 never came to KIC? KIC would not be the same, and would not know of the joy and happiness I bring to the topics every post I can. :)

I have a hunch on 3.

It is too easy to guess, hence why they have been mum about the whole situation.

Nothing, just concrete, have fun speculating, but I believe that they are just pouring in the concrete and calling it a day.

Wow. I never thought of that possibility. But I like Tuxedoman's idea better

SoB memorial?

B)

Personally, i believe the reason that their waiting so long is an Action Zone surprise! (Wishful thinking!)

Why do I feel deja vous with this post?

Don referenced to this somewhat in the past......

• Like 2

Guest KingsIslandPR

The park map gets posted on our website around April 1 each year. This year will be no different than what we've done before with the timeline.

• Like 19

Hey - has anyone seen and eagles flying around that circle?

I don't see it being Flying Eagles.

You can clearly see what appear to be 6 footers plus a central footer.

If you look at a picture of The Flying Eagles, it uses 4 footers much closer together.

Never thought of that! But I think that it would be unlikely. The queue line would take up a chunk of walking space and make it more congested.

I don't necessarily think it'll happen (although I'd adore the addition), but here's a quick rendering of Columbus Zoo's flying scooters in the middle of Action Zone.

qwcQR0O.jpg

The Zoo's set of scooters has a 42" height requirement, while Cedar Point's upcoming ones are 36". Regardless of which Kings Island's would be, it would be an excellent new family attraction (something the park is seriously lacking outside of Planet Snoopy - there are only six rides a 36" kid can ride, and eight a 44" one can). It would also fit comfortably in the area with plenty of room on all sides (although the queue would potentially need to be a tad larger). I'm just not sure what theme or name they would give it - bats seem ideal, but that's already been taken.

• Like 3

Never thought of that! But I think that it would be unlikely. The queue line would take up a chunk of walking space and make it more congested.

I don't necessarily think it'll happen (although I'd adore the addition), but here's a quick rendering of Columbus Zoo's flying scooters in the middle of Action Zone.

The Zoo's set of scooters has a 42" height requirement, while Cedar Point's upcoming ones are 36". Regardless of which Kings Island's would be, it would be an excellent new family attraction (something the park is seriously lacking outside of Planet Snoopy - there are only six rides a 36" kid can ride, and eight a 44" one can). It would also fit comfortably in the area with plenty of room on all sides (although the queue would potentially need to be a tad larger). I'm just not sure what theme or name they would give it - bats seem ideal, but that's already been taken.

"Batshee" :P

• Like 1