2014 Park Map

DBInternational

Let's not forget, Banshee also has to have obscenely exaggerated height or else it will clash with the rest of the map.

I imagine the map to be the same as last year. Of course with changes like The Bat, Banshee, Chicken Shack, Parking lot improvements, and of course our much anticipated Action Zone target change!

Chicken Shack and parking lot improvements will likely not actually be visibly different on the map. Also, the target wasn't on the 2013 map.
  • Like 4

^Parking lot generally isn't included in the park map, so I'd be surprised if it was featured on this one.

Although, to help the less-frequent visitors, a large directional map (or even signs pointing the way) of all the parking lot subsections could be nice right outside the park, helping visitors locate their car when they leave for the day.

• Like 6

I'd hate to see how you kids would have been back in my day. Back in the '70s and '80s we didn't have your internets and your webcams, your chatrooms and your forums. The park closed in the fall, it reopened in the spring, and more times than not there would be a new ride there. Whether we liked it or not, we either had to wait until the commercials started in the spring, catch a story in the newspaper* or actually go to the park to see what it was going to be.

Now get off my lawn.

*A newspaper was a publication, usually printed daily with a more extended edition on Sundays, that included news articles, opinion pieces, public interest stories, classified ads and comics (or "funnies"), among other items. They could commonly be purchased in stores, at "newsstands", or delivered to one's home for a fee. With the advancement of technology, newspapers have become more and more rare, although online editions of some of these publications have managed to survive.

• Like 26

But to fit Banshee on the map, they might have to change the angle of the map. Even a turn of a few degrees could create pandemonium on the board.

If you notice, Flight Deck had angled upwards to fill the void space left from Son of Beast.

So all they have to do is make The Bat be back down as it used to be and that'll help solve the space issue.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Delirium swung towards the park instead of into the area that now houses Banshee.

• Like 2

They would probably also need to shorten or move Drop Tower a little to do that.

As the big new attraction, it seems Banshee would be given a prominent display, with the key elements intensified. It can be done with the map the way it is, but I'm hoping for the whole map to be turned clockwise a little bit(so that International Street ends up with the same angle as The Racer had as of the 2013 map. This would also mean that Diamondback's tall hill wouldn't be covering the double helix; WindSeeker would be to the left of Action Theater; and I would finish with a squeezed/disorted section where the picinc grove and water area are, to fit better. I think I would also need to widen the path between the Grand Carousel/Dodgem area and Eiffel Tower so that nothing is blocked.

@KingsIslandPR on Twitter:

"Here's a sneak peak at the cover of our 2014 Park Guide & Map. #KI2014"

Of all of my pet peeves (and there are many), "sneak peak" may be the one that annoys me the most. Who in their right mind decided that "peak" was an acceptable alternative to "peek"? I will always use "sneak peek", for that is the only PROPER spelling.[/rant]

• Like 6

That "g" in visitkingsisland.com looks like it was stepped on.

Interesting...It's a different font from all of the other letters...Gee I wonder what that means?

Aliens? Illuminati?

BB1, calling on all conspiracy theorists to step away from Flight of Fear discussions and venture to this topic!

• Like 3