2014 Park Map

DBInternational

I just posted this in the Banshee Construction thread but since it applies here too...

"If you enlarge the map and look closely I think it looks like a shaded area, sort of like what is near Gatekeeper (by the Coke Freestyle and Yogurt Plus stores). I also find it interesting how this one sort of resembles a spiderweb...Adds to the whole creepy/dark feel of this area with Banshee and The Bat nearby too."

I'm not sure whether the lockers will be here of it it will just be a seating area. I'm hoping for the latter but then I'm not sure where the lockers will be.

If you download the Education Days packet from the Kings Island site, you can zoom in all you want.

In other news, I was wondering when they'd remove The Box from the map; seemed confusing to have it on there if its only purpose is a Haunt attraction.

The tent-thing I assume to be a makeshift pavilion/shade structure that most likely won't have any ties to Banshee thematically, even if the base does resemble that of a Celtic circle.

If we will continue with trends from the past, the big building will be there for three more years until the park decides to remove it for future park expansion!

Not meant as a slam on the park, just a joke!

That's actually not unrealistic IMO! :)

• Like 2

If we will continue with trends from the past, the big building will be there for three more years until the park decides to remove it for future park expansion!

Not meant as a slam on the park, just a joke!

That's actually not unrealistic IMO! :)

No, it's not! They could easily remove that building, have that hill kind of create a circle to the entrance of The Beast, and have a large flat, or in time perhaps another coaster. Hopefully a flat first if one of the two.

• Like 2

I was looking the map over, and there is something unusual in the triangle of grass between AE, The Racer and FOF. It looks circular. I can't zoom in close enough to see, but generally, things are not put on the map that don't exist in some way...wonder what it could be?

I was looking the map over, and there is something unusual in the triangle of grass between AE, The Racer and FOF. It looks circular. I can't zoom in close enough to see, but generally, things are not put on the map that don't exist in some way...wonder what it could be?

I'm pretty sure that's the artist's depiction of Slingshot's ball.

For those wondering about the old Crypt building not being on the map, Don said in the Banshee Construction Progress thread that the Crypt's building is not being removed because it's not in use Opening Day through Labor Day. It will be back on the map during Halloween Haunt.

Here's the link to that post:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/27917-Banshee-construction-progress/?p=601958

• Like 5

I'm pretty sure that's the artist's depiction of Slingshot's ball.

Looked again....Yep you are right....LOL

Actually, it shows Sling Shot as next to Delirium. Would the ball be that far away from the ride label? Though, I am looking at it on my phone, so that might be a factor somehow.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Overall the new map looks good but I have some small qualms with the following items:

Delirium swinging toward Banshee just creates a giant tangled mess. They should've made Delirium swing the other way to prevent the congestion and also to allow for more space to accurately depict Banshee. The dive loop is crammed in there and the vertical loop doesn't go around the lift...

Also, I think The Bat's track layout is wrong near the turnaround next to Banshee.

Finally, the "new" path that connects the "new" Splash River entrance to older paths isn't the same color as the surrounding paths which makes it look like a separate path.

EDIT: Most of The Bat's layout seems off... not just the turnaround. (Nice catch rcwizard13)

• Like 1