2005 and beyond!

monkeyman

Here is what I think PKI has planned for the future years:

2005: B&M floorless: 1. PKI doesn't have any B&M rides. 2. PKI has had no major steel, full length coasters since FoF.

2006: NC expansion. 1. Nick is getting more and more popular. 2. Some of the little kids may not know some of the HB characters. (except like, the flinstones and scooby doo.)

2007: Another Huss flat ride. 1. PKI has some great Huss rides, and needs to keep it up. 2. Quality may beet quanity, but I mean, PKI's flatrides in general aren't as great as they could be. Just a bunch of junky tiny rides. We need like, a topple tower!

2008: BB expansion: 1. People will not be as excited as they are now. 2. Two new slides for BB would keep guest coming.

2009: Hydrolic launced coaster (Intamin): 1. HLCs will now have spread. 2. No longer will they be short. 3. loops and hills

What does everyone think?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I think PKI has planned for the future years:

2005:  B&M floorless:  1.  PKI doesn't have any B&M rides.  2.  PKI has had no major steel, full length coasters since FoF.

2006:  NC expansion.  1. Nick is getting more and more popular.  2.  Some of the little kids may not know some of the HB characters. (except like, the flinstones and scooby doo.)

2007:  Another Huss flat ride.  1. PKI has some great Huss rides, and needs to keep it up.  2. Quality may beet quanity, but I mean, PKI's flatrides in general aren't as great as they could be.  Just a bunch of junky tiny rides.  We need like, a topple tower!

2008:  BB expansion:  1. People will not be as excited as they are now.  2.  Two new slides for BB would keep guest coming.

2009:  Hydrolic launced coaster (Intamin):  1.  HLCs will now have spread.  2.  No longer will they be short.  3. loops and hills

What does everyone think?

i agree to that monkeyman and Beyond PKI will beat CP and SFWoA in flats and coasters maybe for the 35 anneversery for PKI a major expanision or a new area

No way they will ever beat Cedar Point in coasters. Point has the greatest form Magnum which was voted number one over again and again, and Millennium Force, which was the first to beat Magnum n the best coaster poll, and then again and agian it was voted 1, plus Kings Island already stated they werent in the coaster race.

• 1 month later...

Judging by PKI's latest commercial that we received in the surverys, I believe that PKI will try to become more like Universal Studios and Disney MGM Studios in both attractions and the way it markets itself.

No other theme park in the midwest can say "ride the movies".

Have a great day!

Italian Chef

:chef:

I think PKI will be the same they will never put the money in it to change it.

It took 1 billion to make IOA what it is. Paramount will not have spent that much on all their parks in 10 years

i HAVE TO DISagree with you b/c pki put in acton zone even though that m,ay not be 1 billioin dollars that shows that pki is willing to spend the big bucks after they saw what a suceess Action Zone was

If you mean it will become a theme park your too late it has been one for years.

It seems as people are now just figuring it out. It all started with Top Gun the movie then the ride.

As we were told on the BB tour they are not willing to spend the big bucks on a ride. He said they looked in to putting volcano in at PKI and the cost was to high.

• 3 weeks later...
If you mean it will become a theme park your too late it has been one for years.

It seems as people are now just figuring it out. It all started with Top Gun the movie then the ride.

As we were told on the BB tour they are not willing to spend the big bucks on a ride. He said they looked in to putting volcano in at PKI and the cost was to high.

I would have to say that your wrong there. If they werent willing to put the big money into rides do you think we would have the world tallest gryo drop? or the world biggest baddest wooden rollercoater sitting in our park. NO! Pki is willing to spend the big money for a great ride. Anyway volcano isnt that great of a ride any way

There are plenty of Intamins at PKI:

Eiffel Tower

White Water Canyon

Congo Falls

Viking Fury

Pretty sure Paramount's Kings Island spent a hell of a lot of money on Tombraider and the Boomerang Bay expansion is the most Paramount has ever spent on a water park. Just because PKI hasn't built your beloved B&M floorless or Giga Coaster doesn't mean they aren't willing to spend money. PKI is obviously trying to attract many different age groups as they always have.

There are plenty of Intamins at PKI:

Eiffel Tower

White Water Canyon

Congo Falls

Viking Fury

Pretty sure Paramount's Kings Island spent a hell of a lot of money on Tombraider and the Boomerang Bay expansion is the most Paramount has ever spent on a water park. Just because PKI hasn't built your beloved B&M floorless or Giga Coaster doesn't mean they aren't willing to spend money. PKI is obviously trying to attract many different age groups as they always have.

Quite Right, Quite Right

:D Someday PKI will beat Cedar Point in coasters!

Hmm....this brings up a point. How acres does the park own? I believe the figure is over 600. How many have been developed? Between 350 and 400. I think our park has the most options of many parks because of the amount of land they have to work with. This could cause some problems with the race between Cedar Point and Magic Mountain. Both of those parks are in the coaster race, but Cedar Point does exist on a peninsula. It'll be interesting to see how the Point uses the land they have within the next 20 years.

Like I said, I think King's Island has more options than most parks, and this could be their advantage 20 or 30 years down the line. (20 or 30 years...just IMAGINE what theme parks will look like in 2025.)

I see they don't put in big steel because guest don't want it or it wouldn't fit in.

A big coaster wouldn't fit in? I don't get it. We have plenty of room for expansion and the south-east side of the park i.e. Rivertown and Old Coney has no tall rides so let's just say hypothetically if the park were to add a tall coaster in that area it would even out the skyline of the park with Drop Zone in the north and tower in the middle. So why exactly wouldn't a tall coaster fit in and why wouldn't the guests like it?

I don't think they meant it wouldn't fit, as in there wasn't enough room in the park, more than it wouldn't fit the overall theme of the park. We all know that there is plenty of room for a coaster...200+ acres. The park isn't really supposed to be a coaster park like CP...it's geared twords a family oreinted theme park. They want more rides that the entire family can enjoy, and thus a very large coaster just wouldn't fit in the park too well right now.

I'm sorry if this post is worded very badly...it was a long night last night...

You're right the park is family oriented but it's also very oriented to thrill seekers with Drop Zone, Beast, Son of Beast, Delirium, TRTR. I don't see how you can say that guests wouldn't like a tall steel coaster and wouldn't fit in when they built the world's tallest and fastest wood coaster just 4 years ago and the world's tallest Gyro-Drop the year before that and 2 very exciting flat rides since then. All four of these rides are some of the most popular rides in the park. Also none of these rides are rides that the whole family can enjoy. Plus HB and Nick Central have been redone and added new attractions recently and with the BB expansion there are plenty of rides for the whole family to enjoy. Now is a perfect time to add a new coaster.

It still surprises me that some people's opinion is that a large coaster would not be a overwhelmingly welcome addition to PKI. Most don't think that PKI should be compared to a park like CP, but should be compared to a park like IoA.

Well first, PKI just built SoB 4 years ago, the fastest and 2nd longest wooden coaster in the world (only The Beast is longer). SoB cannot be considered a family-type ride. Even Delirium and TR;TR are a high trill rides and not for all family members. PKI did add SDatHC which cannot be considered a high thrill ride for the family, but, to my disappointment, took out PT. PKI has built record breaking thrill rides and coasters, and they have to to compete with CP but also IoA, Kennywood, Hershey, BGW. Even though some consider CP to be a different type park than PKI, they still fight for the consumer dollars. Anytime a park puts in a large coaster, the media jumps all over it, and it makes huge news all over the nation. For example: When I found out about SoB, I heard it on AM talk radio during the ABC national news break at the top of the hour.

As far as being compared with a theme park like IoA; PKI can certainly do it, the resorces are there, but even IoA has high thrill coasters. IoA could not compete with a park like Disney MGM w/o the coasters they have.

I honestly think that PKI is gearing up for a huge coaster addition. With the non-coaster additions over the past 3 years, the advertising angle can be something like:"Thrill park and family park all wrapped into one."

I see they don't put in big steel because guest don't want it or it wouldn't fit in.

A big coaster wouldn't fit in? I don't get it. We have plenty of room for expansion and the south-east side of the park i.e. Rivertown and Old Coney has no tall rides so let's just say hypothetically if the park were to add a tall coaster in that area it would even out the skyline of the park with Drop Zone in the north and tower in the middle. So why exactly wouldn't a tall coaster fit in and why wouldn't the guests like it?

I don't know I was just going along with them, I said PKI will not get the big one because the cost is to high and they said PKI will not get one because they don't want it or it don't fit the park.

Yes the park is willing to spend the money but Viacom is not going to give it to them.

I never said fans wouldn't welcome a huge, new coaster. I, probably more than anyone, would love to have the tallest, fastest, longest, most inversions, most intense coaster on the planet right here at PKI. I was just stating that I don't think it's going to happen within the next couple of years, because that's not exactly what PKI is going for right now. Who knows though...PKI has surprised us before.

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Picard, I was not aware that you worked for Viacom. How, exactly, do you know that Viacom will not give PKI the money to build a large steel coaster? Chef, I think you are referring to the rollersoaker and one is located I believe at Paramount's Carowinds. So, let's see, the general opinion is since PKI has built two flat rides in a row, they are not going to build any more coasters any time soon, wow, real genius at work here. Besides, as Browntggr has already stated, TR:TR and Delirium are not family oriented rides. They are just trying to build up their flat rides collection.

I don't know exactly,but I do watch the stock market and you can tell by what they say in their reports that they don't like to part with their money.

You have to think like they would and try to get the most for your money.

You can put 25 million in a ride and have 3 million attend or put 5 million in one and have 3 million attend. What one is the best investment? A bigger ride may bring in a little more people but it will not cover the cost of it. It's just my opinion I want what you want I just don't think we will get it.

I have heard from 3-4 people who could know and they say it's not going to happen anytime soon. We have been told what they are doing at PKI on here, but you have to see it before you will believe it.

A large coaster addition will bring in more money. Now before you jump in with a reply, think about the parks that are near PKI. For the last three years the economy in the US has been in a "mini depression". So you would have to think that parks are not attracting the large numbers that they want. The Six Flags parks have issued statements that their earnings are down (attributing to the economy and weather), I am not sure about PKI or their parent company, but Cedar Fair had a 1.4% increase for 2003. The statement (Cedar Fair increase) says that the increase can be related to "successful new rides at CP and Valley Fair". Now we know that TTD was not as successful in 2003 as they would have liked (numerous breakdowns before July 4th), but the company as a whole still had an increase, and other corporations (Six Flags) did not. I consider PKI to be the flagship park for Viacom, like CP is for Cedar Fair. A park is never going to earn all the money back for a ride in one year, when the ride costs $5 million or more. The ride is an investment. In 10 years that ride should still be bringing people through the gate. But it is not just one ride, but the park as a whole: guests do not visit PKI just to ride Delirium, but to ride that and The Beast, Vortex etc. You have to give the guest options. Big rides and small rides.

CP is constantly being bashed because they are building coasters that are huge record breakers. PKI is building rides that are record breakers, but currently not coasters. And if that is making them money, then they are doing it right- for both companies.

PKI became the park it is today because of The Beast. They money earned over the last 25 years put PKI in the position to build other rides in the park. IMO PKI was burned by SoB. It is not the attraction that it was hyped up to be. PKI may be gun-shy to pull the trigger on another ride of that magnitude. Or they are covering their butts and making sure that the next time they spend big bucks, it will not have the same reputation as SoB, so they are taking their time on it.

Bottom line- if you spend $25 million on a ride, it better be worth it!