2005 and beyond!

monkeyman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Browntggr, you make the most sense here. Absolutely correct, there isn't any park anywhere that is going to be able to buy a coaster and completely raise attendance in one year to pay for it. I highly doubt that Tomb Raider or Delirium has paid for itself in the one and two years existance respectively. "Delirium was about 8 million and TR was about 20 million. " The cost for TR:TR would pay for a coaster. I believe the cost of Millenium Force was in the 25 mill. bracket.

Edited by PKIBeast

That is a really good question. And, a park like CP, who is putting in a new one very often, I would have to say it would take more time than PKI since they don't build as often. Think about this...The Beast has more than paid for itself. People come from miles around even 25 years later just to ride this classic.

Um, wrong, it did cost 8 Mill. Search coasterbuzz topics on Delirium and you will find that what I am saying is true. Please people, I ask that everyone research a little before posting something as fact when you have no way to back it up. Try saying IMO (in my opinion).

Every one i have talked to, they are mostly complaining about a new major record breaking coster, if a new coaster doesnt appear, the Park will lose record for attendance. Meaning: less people visiting the park (the waterpark will bring in swarms of people, but no new coaster yet). Since Son of Beast there have not been any major announcements about a coaster ever appering, maybe a couple a flats appearing within 2 years. After the removal of a living legend (King Cobra), just with 12 coasters in the park, there needs to be a MAJOR coming of 3 or 4 coasters to add up to the Hollywoodying up the park, upgrades to some rides, the parks scenery needs to be improved escpecally the Paramount Story if they are Hollywoodying up the park. Slowly but surely the park is improving, but we need more coasters to break Cedar Points record in the amount and record breakers in the park.

So thats my comment for 05' and beyond

Here's the rundown:

PKI has a signature structure: the Eiffel Tower, but not a signature coaster, so you can debate as to whether or not they need one. Of course they have The Beast, but most people can't see The Beast and be able to recognize it unless you live in the area.

Secondly, stocks go up and down.. I'm sure that unless it is truely significant on the part of Viacom, it won't affect any future additions to the park. They have this stuff planned way ahead of time and know what they're doing. It's not like they don't have the money

Thirdly, I have to bring this up again about once a month. Just because they haven't added a coaster in a few years doesn't mean that their attendance is going to suddenly drop off. It sure seems that way, but look who you are talking to... a bunch of enthusiasts. PKI attempts to attract families, and families in general are not concerned with coasters. They want family rides and attractions.

Now, everyone start watching your mouths in this thread or it will be closed. We won't tolerate that kind of garbage on here. Take it outside.

Ryan

PKIC Staff

PKI's attendance isn't going to take a huge plunge just because they have gone a few years without a major coaster addition. Like Ryan said, the park is targeting mainly families who don't care that much about huge coasters. And no matter what, even if they don't add another coaster you know all of you PKI enthusiasts will still go to the park. And remember, the park's attendance even went up last year from the previous year by 3% dispite the economic and terrorists situations.

And you might as well face it, PKI is not going to break Cedar Point's coaster record. That idea is a little to far "out there" for me.

I do think PKI already has a signature coaster, which would probably be a duo actually - Beast and Son of Beast. But PKI having the best wooden coasters is just an opinion. If that were so, their woodies would have come out a lot higher than they did in the 2003 wooden coaster poll. Beast - 51st, Son of Beast - 148th, Beastie - 158th. I mean Scooby-Doo's Ghoster Coaster at PKD only finished 3 spots behind Son of Beast.

Now, everyone start watching your mouths in this thread or it will be closed. We won't tolerate that kind of garbage on here. Take it outside.

Were there some posts that have been deleted? From what I can read, everyone has been fair, no insults, or flaming. Actually, it has been a really good topic of discussion.

If I have offended anyone, I apologize.

I didn't see any posts with harsh words or flaming in it, you didn't do anything wrong. I think Ryan was just trying to say that if this topics turns to the worst that it will be closed.

I only see a themed coaster in our future due to the survey. In 2005 I hope we get some kind of hyper coaster, but I have no real information to prove this so I am only going on rumors and what I want to see lol. :ph34r:

I think what some of the people are saying is that PKI needs a signature steel coaster, not that PKI doesn't have a signature coaster. Think of all of the different kinds of steel coasters out there right now that are good and PKI doesn't have any of them. Examples: A Hypercoaster, Gigacoaster, full circuit Inverted Coaster, Standing Coaster, Floorless Coaster, or Flying coaster. I really don't think that a B&M dive machine is a good idea either. It's basically a one trick pony. I apologize as well if anyone was offended by my posts, but I thought posting something as fact with no way to back it up was part of the forum rules, which I can't seem to find now.

If you mean its the only arrow looper then that is obviously wrong. lol The Vortex is one of the few steel coasters that the name is actually used in other parks. Canada wonderland has one there's is a suspended, Vortex at carowinds is a stand up, and Vortex at great america is also a stand up.

Someday PKI will beat Cedar Point in coasters!

I like when PKI adds new coasters, but the past has told us that PKI

will NEVER be a CP (with coasters. Although I would not mind if it

happened). PKI is a family park, not a thrill park.

I don't think The Vortex is a signature steel coaster. I don't think anyone travels from miles around just to ride The Vortex. But, they do travel from miles around to ride The Beast. See the difference? Not only that, The Vortex is very outdated and PKI needs to add a signature steel to the park.

• 1 month later...

I think what people are forgetting is that in the last 5-10 years (maybe longer), there has been a great coaster boom. If you look at the history of these parks, like PKI and CP, you will see that there sometimes were many years that went by without any coaster additions. We should all feel fortunate that these parks have been putting new ones in as quickly as they have. And, I think that you will see that this trend is starting to come to an end. Go to RCDB.com and you will see that new additions of coasters are considerably down from previous years. Problem is, these parks are probably going to slow down so that they can reap the rewards of building these coasters without spending more building new ones. Now, the real question is, how popular will some of these coasters be down the road from now? Were some of them just a flash in the pan? Or, are they real crowd pleasers for years to come? Maybe that is why PKI got out of the coaster race. They would rather build something that will still draw crowds for years to come instead of something that may not be popular in 3-5 years.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think The Vortex is a signature steel coaster.  I don't think anyone travels from miles around just to ride The Vortex.  But, they do travel from miles around to ride The Beast.  See the difference?  Not only that, The Vortex is very outdated and PKI needs to add a signature steel to the park.

I wouldn't say no one. I'm heading down to PKI for three reasons:

-Beast

-Son of Beat

-Vortex

And this is an 8 hour drive on my end...

Also, to comment on ^ post, I've noticed that already happen with Top Thrill Dragster @ Cedar Point. Lines aren't nearly as big for this as they are for Millennium Force or Raptor or even Mantis. Top Thrill Dragster had its fame, and now it's starting to die down. I see the coaster industry going the same way, but then waiting for another 'boom' as you all have called it.