2005 and beyond!

monkeyman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well people are still hesitant to go in line after all of the mishaps last season.

I think that when other parks begin to catch up to Cedar Point, and get faster coasters, then people will gradually become less afraid of Top Thrill Dragster, which many are. There's just no way to build up to it really, and that's what most people prefer.

I highly doubt PKI executives are sitting around saying "The public is demanding a B&M coaster so let's build one." Outside of the people on this board, I doubt anybody could name a coaster manufacturer. I'm sure PKI has an idea of what they want and will allow several companies to present to them.

Also I just got back from Universal IOA and all I have to say is .....WOW! They can take the most average ride and make it exciting with theming. They don't have any world record breaking rides yet I would choose IOA over Cedar Point anyday. I am happy to see PKI kind of going to the direction of Universal.

Besides, even if PKI builds your precious B&M hyper, floorless, flying, tallest, launched etc. coaster, most of you would still complain that it's not good enough.

People outside of this board know different coaster manufacturers.

And although IOA is good, I must say, in the long run for people like us who go very frequently, IOA-style gets old pretty fast, and Cedar Point style doesn't as quickly.

When I went to IoA, I thought it was a really good park overall. The coasters were good, but Spiderman is easily the best ride in the park.

PKI will never be able to touch IoA as far as theming goes. IoA spent some big $$, but it is a year round park. Given the fact that PKI is seasonal, spending that kind of money for theming or $100 million for a ride like Spiderman is unlikely.

I would like to see PKI fix and upgrade the theming they have now, as well as make the park cleaner before adding more "hollywood themes" to the park.

I highly doubt PKI executives are sitting around saying "The public is demanding a B&M coaster so let's build one." Outside of the people on this board, I doubt anybody could name a coaster manufacturer.

People may not know the difference between one manufacturer from the other, but they do know different ride experiences. In other words, instead of someone saying," I wish my park had a B&M coaster" they might say, " I wish my home park had one of those coasters like the Raptor at CP". They don't even have to know the manufacturer's name.

• 2 weeks later...
I think PKI will be the same they will never put the money in it to change it.

It took $1 billion to make IOA what it is. Paramount will not have spent that much on all their parks in 10 years

if they don't spend that much mony and be "penny pinchers" people would really be complaining at King's Island.