Week IX: Coaster/Attraction Combos

BB1

Whenever I go to Kings Island, I usually hit the coasters, and flats, a certain way. Combining certain coasters after another actually seems more fitting for thrills, or immersion, than just going on coasters at random. So, what "coaster/attraction combo" do you think is the best?

Here are just a few of mine:

Haunt:

The Beast

Flight of Fear

WindSeeker

The Racers

The Bat(Previously Flight Deck)

Delirium

Spring:

The Beast

WindSeeker

Zephyr

The Racers

Delirium

The Bat

Summer:

(Insert Waterpark venture first)

The Beast

WindSeeker

Flight of Fear

The Racers

Adventure Express

Congo Falls

Delirium

The Bat

When I stay until closing, I usually try to end my day going Racer, Vortex, Diamondback, and Beast.

I usually do the Eiffel Tower and the train together when I'm burning off food after a meal. Its a nice break in the action.

In Action Zone (pre-Banshee), I rode Flight Deck (Bat), Drop Tower, Delirium, Invertigo and Congo Falls. The first 3 could be in any order, but the last two are on the end for a reason. I usually try to warm up to Invertigo as there are times the high g's get to me, and Congo Falls is a nice way to cool down from that. I often ride Congo Falls 2-3 times in a row after Invertigo, especially on hot days. Adventure Express usually follows.

If I'm doing a thing where I'm trying to get all the major attractions in, I usually end it with WindSeeker into Backlot, before I go onto re-ride things. I have a few day plans in my head depending on a lot of factors when I go to the park. I'll have to find a way to fit Banshee into all of that. A lot of that will involve paying attention to how the crowds flow during the day. Should be interesting to see how Banshee affects crowd flow this season.

If I arrive for ERT I take a couple laps on whatever is available then prepare for general admission opening by going straight to rides that typically get congested in a hurry. That means I usually end up in X Base for either Firehawk or FoF.

After that I hit my remaining favorites or whatever I haven't ridden in a while. My days are usually short and I leave around lunch time because I live locally and work in the evenings.

• Like 2

I enjoy wandering around parks aimlessly. The whole "planned experience" drives me insane. My work life is endlessly planned to the second with Outlook invites and meetings galore. I'll be darned if I'm planning my rides. The day I start doing that is the day I start pursuing a new avocation. One vocation is enough.

Yet another reason my phone stay in my car.

I detest riding with large groups who spend inordinate amounts of time deciding what to do next. Like Nike, "Just do it!"

• Like 12

I usually just go in order, starting with Invertigo and making my way around the park clockwise from there. I ride every coaster outside of Planet Snoopy, and the only non-coasters I ride are Drop Tower, Delirium, and Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. I will occasionally ride Congo Falls or White Water Canyon if it's hot, depending on who I go to the park with. But typically that's the order I go in, and once I've made it back to International Street, I head for the exit.

• Like 1

Order of rides:

whatever order my 5 year old wants to go in. Once upon a time, that was a garunteed Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, until it wasn't and Drop Zone with Mom was always first, now that Mom is pregnant with child #3 and Dad won't do drop zone, I'm not sure. It may be Boo Blasters again so Mom can hand out with Child #2 as she's now grown into several of those rides with height restrictions, might be straight back to The Bat or over to The Beast. Or, if growth proceeds at the levels it has over the last 3 years (4" every year from one June birthday to the next) we may just be starting out on Banshee before the park starts setting up for the Haunt. Only time will tell, but I can just about garuntee you with Mom unable to ride this summer, anything that spins too much (I'm looking at you Monster and Scrambler) will likely not be found on either child's ride count, and most certainly will not be on mine, unless they start installing traschcans on said rides.

• Like 3