Two Season Pass Questions

gad198

I'm not sure whether these questions should be emailed directly to Kings Island staff or not, but I think they are of a general enough interest that it might be nice to get some clarification on this board. If Kings Island wishes to keep communication on these things private then kindly let me know that too. Here we go...

(1) Kings Island had a policy last year to allow its season passholders to re-enter the park using their season passes instead of getting their hands stamped. I enjoyed the convenience and it was nice to not have to deal with the hand stamps. Will a similar policy be in place this season? If so, will that policy be extended to other parks in the chain?

(2) Has there been any discussion on the possibility of providing Platinum passholders additional benefits over the Gold pass at Kings Island?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost that time of the year, everyone... :)

I always get pretty pumped about the upcoming season when they post the pass processing hours. Unfortunately, the excitement won't tone itself down to manageable levels until opening day. Pity for my coworkers and family. ;)

You last until pass processing hours are posted to get pumped for the season to levels that annoy your friends and family?

I'm usually at that point the first weekend after the park closes for the season.

• Like 5

Thanks, that's what I thought. While I hope to make it back to KI to ride Banshee this year, we live much closer to KD, Dorney and even Carowinds for that matter. So we're likely to hit at least one of those first. Now to renew those KI Platinum Passes...

I didn't have any problems, either, until I went to Kings Dominion. Pass said, ONLY at KD, that it had not been renewed for 2013. Never mind it had been used multiple times at other Cedar Fair parks. KD senior admission folks "fixed" it. And let me in.

Next trip was to Kings Island. I had NOT been able to renew my pass online. I go to the KI sales windows. My pass had had ALL personal data deleted, apparently by KD. The kind, efficient folk at KI fixed the problem. Thankfully. And since it was a KI Platinum Pass, and all concerned knew me, and I was buying a 2014 renewal, there were no issues.

• Like 2

I haven't had a platinum pass in several years this year we got them. Are you able to go through a normal line at parks that aren't your home park or do you still have to check in before you can?

You are supposed to be able to go through a normal line. I had thought all was fixed. Until the last of last season.

Keep your receipt. Have it at least in your car that you take to any Cedar Fair park. Trust me on this.

On that note: during my visit in 2010, Michigan's Adventure did NOT allow you to scan your Platinum Pass at the front gate. You had to visit Guest Relations, who would scan your pass, then issue you a special one-day admission ticket to use that day.

I have heard something about MA possibly having fixed this, but I don't know it for a fact.

• Like 1

I haven't had a platinum pass in several years this year we got them. Are you able to go through a normal line at parks that aren't your home park or do you still have to check in before you can?

You are supposed to be able to go through a normal line. I had thought all was fixed. Until the last of last season.

Keep your receipt. Have it at least in your car that you take to any Cedar Fair park. Trust me on this.

On that note: during my visit in 2010, Michigan's Adventure did NOT allow you to scan your Platinum Pass at the front gate. You had to visit Guest Relations, who would scan your pass, then issue you a special one-day admission ticket to use that day.

I have heard something about MA possibly having fixed this, but I don't know it for a fact.

I think this has changed, they didn't use the same system as the rest of the parks in the past.

Getting into KD was a really great adventure using my ID from KI.

"Oh, that didn't work."

I had seen her hit the "Picture Does Not Match" button.

• Like 1