New ride?

I found these pictures on Screamscape website. I wonder where the track pieces will be going? Where and what do you think these could be for? I'm hoping Carowinds! I may be going their this year.

db_2014_0223_BM_YellowTrack__10_1.jpg

db_2014_0223_BM_YellowTrack__2_1.jpg

db_2014_0223_BM_YellowTrack__4_1.jpg

db_2014_0223_BM_YellowTrack__6_1.jpg

db_2014_0223_BM_YellowTrack__8_1.jpg

db_2014_0223_BM_YellowTrack__9_1.jpg

db_2014_0223_BM_YellowTrack1.jpg

db_2014_0223_BM_YellowTrack__5_1.jpg

Here is what Screamscape said, Our local Screamscape spy dropped by the B&M Track Fabricator plant in Ohio and snapped up pictures of brand new bright yellow coaster track. If I’m reading the label right this is for a new B&M Flying coaster, and they do have one on the way to China for the Wanda Group set to open in 2014 at the Xishuangbanna International Resort park. The concept art for this coaster found onVHCoasters however had blue track and not yellow, so while this track could be for another project, I’m still thinking this is still the Wanda coaster unless someone knows of another B&M Flyer in the works.

You can find the website at http://www.screamscape.com/html/bmtrack_0.htm

• Like 3

This is really going out on a limb...but I'd be happy if CP gets this.

Now, before I get completely bombarded by reasons why this probably won't be going there, it's still a possibility. You never know what the park has up their sleeves. And I'm just saying that I'd like the park to get a flyer, especially one this color. I love the bright yellow track. It will be interesting to see where this ends up.

Maybe it's just because I want CP to get a coaster with yellow track. :)

Mantis? I know the track isn't entirely yellow but it still has yellow, lol.

KI doesn't need anymore yellow track. I was happy when Invertigo and that one coaster in the kids area got repainted. Not KI but I wouldn't mind Desperado repainted either, (probably never will happen) if not, then they could at least touch that up as it is pretty badly faded.

Yeah, I hate yellow. :P

• Like 1

You know what color Kings Island or Cedar Point doesn't need anymore of? RED.

At KI there's Diamondback, Firehawk, and Banshee.

At CP there's Top Thrill Dragster, Iron Dragon, Magnum, Maverick, and part of Mantis

Come to think of it, I don't think CP needs anymore coasters that start with M. haha :rolleyes:

• Like 1

You know what color Kings Island or Cedar Point doesn't need anymore of? RED.

At KI there's Diamondback, Firehawk, and Banshee.

At CP there's Top Thrill Dragster, Iron Dragon, Magnum, Maverick, and part of Mantis

Come to think of it, I don't think CP needs anymore coasters that start with M. haha :rolleyes:

Would Banshee really count as true red? I know sometimes I depends on lighting, I seen the coaster more purple-pinkish color at times when I look at it from work.

• Like 2

I know for a fact it is either going to Carrowinds or somewhere else. Keep that info hushed though.

Please enlighten us to how you know for a fact that it's going to Carowinds (not Carrowinds) or somewhere else.

Well, don't enlighten us, that it is going somewhere else because well, the possibilities are pretty open for the location of the coaster track to be heading.

• Like 2

It was moved from inside the plant, where it was manufactured, to outside the plant, where it is being stored either temporarily or permanently. That's not enough?

You could also say that it's "going to" stay right where it is.

But realistically, it makes no sense to make the track simply to let it sit out there. Even if the order is canceled, they would certainly either reuse the steel for something else or move the track back to the back of the property for long-term storage. There's no way they would let it sit right there over the long term.

It was moved from inside the plant, where it was manufactured, to outside the plant, where it is being stored either temporarily or permanently. That's not enough?

You could also say that it's "going to" stay right where it is.

We must consider that we know this track only as it exists exactly as shown in the photos. From this point is where we begin to reference to it. It will likely to moved (to Carowinds/China/somewhere), and at that instance you will be correct. Not until then.

I don't think the phrase "going to", without a form of the 'to be' verb, would work right.

But realistically, it makes no sense to make the track simply to let it sit out there. Even if the order is canceled, they would certainly either reuse the steel for something else or move the track back to the back of the property for long-term storage. There's no way they would let it sit right there over the long term.

Realistically, they will probably be going to {} really soon.

The "LC" code on the track simply means that it's a flying coaster. Manta had the exact same code on its track pieces when it arrived at Sea World Orlando. The "Country of Origin: USA" tag means that the track is heading overseas (i.e., not in the US or Canada). To my knowledge none of the B&M coasters that have gone to parks in the US or Canada in the last few years have had the "Country of Origin: USA" tag on them.

• Like 1

Thank you for the revision. I just checked and saw that Gatekeeper also has the "Country of Origin: USA" tag. Manta, Intimidator - Carowinds, Wild Eagle, and Leviathan did not have that line on their stickers so I guess Clermont Steel changed the labels on B&M track recently. I learned something today!

• Like 4

All it is stating is where the originated from, which is USA...

I feel that it is probably heading over seas, most (seasonal) parks would've already announced a coaster. No park would be able to assemble any coaster of this scale in time for a Summer-ish debut. If it is going to Disney or Universal then honestly I don't know, but I have a feeling it'll be heading across an ocean.

EDIT: I also am wondering about the 5th picture down that one looks like a rather odd price of B&M track.

Does B&M not have any plants closer to China than one in Ohio? Shipping costs must be as much as the coaster itself.

the manufacturing process is pretty complicated from what I've read. The number of companies capable of producing track to such a tight tolerance, the capacity to produce the amount of track needed, and the ability to make B&M a primary customer is probably fairly limited to begin with. You're not going to risk pieces of track showing up on sight out of spec or out of time in order to save a couple hundred thousand in shipping costs on a $20 mil+ project.

• Like 2