Banshee Countdown Timeline

ohiocolts

We are just 7 weeks away from the Opening of Kings Island's new roller coaster, Banshee. So, I thought it would be cool to do "daily topic" which kind of follows all of last year's Kings Island season. I will post a picture, topic link, Twitter post, or something every day until Banshee's opening. I will try to post something new every day, but things come up and people forget things, so you never know. But I'll try. With that being said, let's get started.

Today, we go back to a couple nights before Opening Day 2013, where the first signs of something new start.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/27263-early-signs-of-2014-expansion/

And also, just 49 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 50 days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 13

Today, we march forward to Kings Island's 2013 Opening Day, which was also the day the Reds Hall of Fame Grille opened. Here, I have a link to my Opening Day 2013 PTR.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/27273-ki-4-27-13-opening-day-2013-ptr/

Just 48 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 49 more days until Opening Day 2014!

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Like 11

Now, we look back to the beginning of the footers, or professionally, footings. They started to begin forming in the spot that once featured Thunder Alley. Many thought they were for a station or transfer track. More and more started showing up all summer long.

IMG_2448_zps3922b02d.jpg

IMG_2445-1_zps38ce8854.jpg

(Photos taken by me)

Just 47 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 48 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 14

Now, we look back to the beginning of possible teasers tweeted by KingsIslandPR. These may have been irrelevant tweets, but they were the first unusual ones of the regular season.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/statuses/330782249857458176

Just 46 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 47 days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

On this snowy Monday, we look back to what will be remembered as one of the greatest KICentral threads of all time, the now locked, Starting to Decode 2014. With a total of 13,755 replies, this thread even found it's way onto WLWT News 5. At first, many people thought that this new attraction would be a B&M Giga Coaster. But, as more and more progress was made, more people believed it would be a B&M Invert.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/

Just 45 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 46 days until Opening Day 2014!

4 days have passed since I started this, so, it's got to be passing the time a little bit faster, right?

• Like 6

On this snowy Monday, we look back to what will be remembered as one of the greatest KICentral threads of all time, the now locked, Starting to Decode 2014. With a total of 13,755 replies, this thread even found it's way onto WLWT News 5. At first, many people thought that this new attraction would be a B&M Giga Coaster. But, as more and more progress was made, more people believed it would be a B&M Invert.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/27275-starting-to-decode-2014/

Just 45 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 46 days until Opening Day 2014!

4 days have passed since I started this, so, it's got to be passing the time a little bit faster, right?

Ahh yes, that thread. We went from throwing 100% random guesses, based loosely on what we really wanted (I was hoping for a Intamin Wooden Coaster TBH) to Giga Coasters (most thought B&M, but there was clearly that one camp that insisted this would be an INTAMIN in spite of Cedar Fair's recent trends) to the B&M Invert vs. Wingrider battle (I was on the Invert side the entire time, since Gatekeeper was still new I felt adding one at Kings Island would damage Gatekeeper's status- something Cedar Fair would be unlikely to do so soon) and then when B&M Invert parts were spotted and blueprints leaked, nearly everyone went to the B&M Invert side, until there was that Fake Bat Leak at least...which only fooled most of us for around 5-10 minutes. And finally, we got the truth on August 8th...

KIC exploded during that thread. There were hundreds of posts and users online at once. It was crazy. Kings Island did an awesome job of teasing us and doing promos for the upcoming 2014 ride...

• Like 9

But it WASN'T a fake Bat leak . . .

So you still got faked out.

O'Terpy Snickers.

It was a much different Bat shown though- a brand new B&M Wingrider versus a retheme of the old Arrow Suspended. Though now looking back, it's clear how easy it was for them to do that if The Bat retheme was already being planned, and it was clever as it diverted attention away from the real Banshee.

And I still remember the O'Terpy tombstone they had as well. :P

• Like 2

Now we go to mid May, when The Brady Bunch came to Kings Island. The following is the link to my PTR from May 19th and May 20th, which includes a few cool videos too.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/27410-kings-island-5-19-13-and-5-20-13-double-ptr/

Just 44 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 45 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

On that same day, Coasterbob62 had his first video in his "Behind the Fence" series. It's crazy to think how much progress our Banshee has made.

I can't help but laugh at 0:56. "Look daddy, the octopus!"

Just 43 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 44 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

I was reading through the decoding 2014 thread and I got to the day they announced that they would announce the new attraction. Many feelings came up for me as this day (july 31) was the day my son was born. He was born at 4am. We had been up for 36 hours at that point. As the day went on I was fighting to wake up and kept falling asleep on the couch. I think it was around one or two that afternoon I noticed the announcement I had recieved. It made that day just that much better.

Thank you for posting that thread.

• Like 8

After some rain, the construction site gets a little muddy. Here is what the construction site looks like in late May after some rain.

IMG_3277_zpsc1231bed.jpg

IMG_3290_zps36468e8b.jpg

IMG_3292_zps4cf3429f.jpg

(Photos taken by me)

Just 41 days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 42 days until Opening Day 2014!

Have a good weekend everybody!

• Like 10

Now we look back to one of the best time of the year, the start of summer. So, here is a trip report from when I went to Kings Island after the last day of school.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/27473-kings-island-5-31-13-ptr/

Just 40 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 41 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 3