Banshee Countdown Timeline

ohiocolts

I knew I'd have to post this at some point, so here it goes!

On October 4th, KICentral had an unofficial meetup for Haunt. I went in a grand total of 3 Haunts, which was 3 times the amount of haunts I did the previous year! So I don't want to hear any complaining about a lack of Haunts I went through. That was my personal limit.

That's a video that includes Haunt stuff, wall of monsters, and jcgoble3 and my mom screaming!

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/28527-kings-island-10413-kic-haunt-night-ptr/

And a trip report including rides, info, Haunt reviews, funny stuff, ect.

In just 1 WEEK, or 7 days, there will be Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and there is 8 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

So in 2012 you did 30 Haunt, and in 2013, you did 31 Haunts. Does that mean that in 2014 you will do 32 Haunts? :)

No.

Not to mention being all wet on closing day...

"Are you okay?"

"No." (nearly a screeched No)

"Good!"

Terp: Savor The Good Times

or

The front row is closer to the water.

Silly beagle!

We still have a few days until the Closing Day part... Don't spoil it! :P

On October 9th, Kings Island posted this picture to their twitter showing the first drop of Banshee completed!

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/statuses/388024413435609088

Just 6 DAYS until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 1 WEEK until Opening Day 2014!

Have a great last weekend before Banshee everybody!

• Like 4

So in 2012 you did 30 Haunt, and in 2013, you did 31 Haunts. Does that mean that in 2014 you will do 32 Haunts? :)

No.

Let's not go crazy here. Clearly he would rather go up by odd numbers instead of powers of three. One haunt in 2012, three in 2013, five in 2014, etc.

Just trying to be helpful... ;)

• Like 6

No.

Let's not go crazy here. Clearly he would rather go up by odd numbers instead of powers of three. One haunt in 2012, three in 2013, five in 2014, etc.

Just trying to be helpful... ;)

Huh? Up BY even number to odd numbers. Unless two is now an odd number.

Terp, no engineer, but good at what the Brits call maths.

• Like 3

BeastForever: Yeah... we'll go with that. :lol: Also, your equation is right, except it doesn't work for ohiocolts' first year at Haunt, as that would return a1 = 2. I'm too lazy to think up a new one, haha.

Terp: Of course, I agree that math(s) is important. :) I was just being self-deprecating and a little sarcastic, including during the comment about English. I've got a huge knack for not making sense when talking/typing on the fly or if I'm otherwise preoccupied, which is what happened in the original post to ohiocolts. Sorry!

I'm so glad I'm a maths, big picture, concept, policy, narrative, intuitive, interpretive, editor type. Though the best fun (1 800 BEST FUN -- Who remembers that? Hi, Don) I have at work is when I romp into my formerly assigned professional slot and ask inconvenient questions. Sometimes even six of them.

And please don't be sorry. I love engineers and their analytical ways! Life is so much better due to them and their ar--er...science. (The art of engineering is called architecture; the science of architecture is called architectural engineering, just as the botches of doctors are called plaintiffs).

Terp, running for the properly designed and designated door--Hey, no running in the park, except during designated events!

• Like 4

I thought today I would include one of davidw's webcam time lapse videos. This one was in mid-October and includes a lot of the dive loop construction.

Just 5 DAYS until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 6 DAYS until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 6

^I remember quickly getting out of my last class before my lunch break each day at Cincinnati State during Fall semester to watch the first drop and dive loop go up. It's been like watching a sculpture slowly come to life. We'll see it full of that life next Friday.

• Like 4

On the last Friday of Haunt, I took my friend for his first Haunt visit. We did not go in any Haunts. The scare-actors were much more than enough for him.

Anyways, here is a video I took on that day.

The off season is soooo close to ending. Just 3 DAYS until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 4 DAYS until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

Today was super slow. I can only hope tomorrow goes as slow. (That is sarcasm just to eliminate doubt. If I said anything like I can't imagine it going any slower it would go more painstakingly slow than today which seems an impossibility.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Today was super slow. I can only hope tomorrow goes as slow. (That is sarcasm just to eliminate doubt. If I said anything like I can't imagine it going any slower it would go more painstakingly slow than today which seems an impossibility.)

I don't have work or class tomorrow, so imagine how slow my day will go.

Though some would tell me that I never have any class.

• Like 4

I personally think it goes a lot slower with school. But I only have one more day of school until... You know.

Kings Island Closing Day 2013 Part 1/2

Soon the time came for the last day of the season, Closing Day. We got bobble-heads, rode some rides, and had some fun. But that is also the sad end of a season at Kings Island. Here is another video, showing one last day of Kings Island I took. You might even see yourself in it!

The days are so slow... But this wait should be over soon. Just 2 DAYS until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 3 DAYS until Opening Day 2014! Hang in there!

• Like 5