Banshee Countdown Timeline

ohiocolts

And here we are, about to conclude announcement day. It was a very fun day, and soon enough, the announcement came of the longest inverted roller coaster in the world, Banshee! Here is a video (which ended towards the end because I ran out of memory) of the announcement!

And here is my trip report from that day!

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/27996-ki-8-8-13-announcent-day/

Just 20 days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 21 more days until Opening Day 2014!

Have a good weekend (or in my case, Spring Break) everybody!

• Like 11

I know I've shared this story before, but I remember working in Snoopy on announcement day and being so excited about what was to come. Later that night, I checked KI's website for all the info about the new ride and I remember being really excited about the batwing! 21 days! :D

• Like 4

Here's another view of the announcement that I shot with my phone:

I actually went out a few days earlier and bought a larger microSD card for my phone just to make sure that I would have room for the entire announcement.

I love how someone in the video when the logo popped up screamed, "YES!"

• Like 1

Here's another view of the announcement that I shot with my phone:

(video removed to speed up page loading)

I actually went out a few days earlier and bought a larger microSD card for my phone just to make sure that I would have room for the entire announcement.

I love how someone in the video when the logo popped up screamed, "YES!"

I believe that was me! :D

• Like 5

Sorry about the delay. I'm away from home right now. But anyways, here is a video I took that is short and not that good, but it's something. :)

Just 18 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 19 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

^Yes, I have some odd commentary... :P

Here is a better video taken at a similar date by CoasterBob62.

Today was Reds Opening Day, which means we are getting very close! Just 17 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 18 days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 6

Sorry for another delay, my sister has been using the laptop for 4 hours.

Anyways, in mid August, vertical construction began on Banshee with the brake run.

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/statuses/370333556704165888

There is now a simple formula for finding out the numbers of days left. For Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, 17 - x (x=date 4/x) = d (d = amount of days left), and for Openinng Day 18 - x (x=date 4/x) = d (d = amount of days left).

And even though it may be April Fools Day, it is April, and it is no joke that Kings Island opens THIS MONTH. Just 16 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 17 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

On September 8th, another KIC event occurred, the Birthday Bash. There was tours, dollar days, Todd Frazier, rides, and more! But my favorite part had to be walking in the old Crypt building.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/28405-kings-island-central-birthday-bash-2013-ptr/

Tomorrow I'll post some videos from that day.

We are moving out of the teens! Just 12 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 13 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 8

So when are you going to walk through the old Crypt building, you know, during Haunt hours? Your scaredy-cat mom did it, so why won't you? ;)

It truly is not the same walking during the tour and during the Haunt. The tour has lights on and no distractions by people scaring you. During the Haunt, people make efforts to scare you, which is not the most enjoyable thing in the world. I still believe Madame Fatales should be removed immediately and some kind of top spin, and kind, should be placed back into The Crypt's old building. But few people agree with me on that. As for why my scaredy-cat mom did it, I don't know, feel free to ask her.

Anyways, as I said about an hour ago, here is some videos from that event.

Just 11 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 12 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 8

So when are you going to walk through the old Crypt building, you know, during Haunt hours? Your scaredy-cat mom did it, so why won't you? ;)

It truly is not the same walking during the tour and during the Haunt. The tour has lights on and no distractions by people scaring you. During the Haunt, people make efforts to scare you, which is not the most enjoyable thing in the world. I still believe Madame Fatales should be removed immediately and some kind of top spin, and kind, should be placed back into The Crypt's old building. But few people agree with me on that.

I will find a way to get you in there this fall. :)

As for why my scaredy-cat mom did it, I don't know, feel free to ask her.

Paging DiamondAceExpress, paging DiamondAceExpress... :D

• Like 3

After the birthday bash came the mini off-season between the regular season and Haunt (which is actually longer than the time remaining before Banshee opens). But, work continued as Banshee's lift hill started going up!

https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/statuses/380430867224489984

Time to start all the countdowns, just 10 days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 11 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 7

After the mini-off-season, Haunt started, and I also shot this video on Sunday, September 22nd. It is short and has a lot of background conversation, but here it is!

After a long time, the countdown has FINALLY reached the single digits. Just 9 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 10 more days until Opening Day 2014!

• Like 4

Kings Island also debuted "Scream Like A Banshee" on Friday nights during Haunt for 2013. Here is a video made by Kings Island showing off the competition.

Just 8 more days until Banshee Media Day and Scream for A Kid Again, and 9 more days until Opening Day 2014! No more double digits!

• Like 4