The official "Bring the Flying Eagles home" thread.

Shaggy

And, the 2006 ride rotation plans were first delayed by the sale of the parks then canceled by Cedar Fair. Were it not thus, the Flights of Fear would not be at KI and KD today.

Thank goodness CBS sold out. I'd hate to see CBS's Kings Island today...IF it even survived. Hard to believe how much time has already passed and what a good job FUN has done of late with the former KECO parks.

• Like 11

I wouldn't be surprised to see us get some flying scooters again with them being installed lately in most of the parks. Though with everythign they are doing already I think next year is more likely. Be a cheap addition to be able to list something new for next year.

Alos while I would love to get our Flying Eagles back due to the history of it I agree that I think it's more likely we would jsut get a new set. Seems like a lot of extra cost to dismantle and ship them back to us from Carowinds and give them a new one.

A new one with a Bavarian type theme I think would go great into Oktoberfest to expand that area a bit. Like to see them reomve the Coke station and ladder game from their currnet spot and put them there. Could relocate teh ladder game and Coka station somewhere else in the park as well.

• Like 1

I'm all for bringing back the Flying Eagles back. I remember waiting in line watching people to get the technique of snapping them down. I got quite good at it. My fondest memory was a lady coming up to me after I got off the ride and calmly telling me "I prayed for you while you were on there." That must have been one of my better runs.

• Like 14

I would love to have a set of scooters like the ones at KI again. I used to have so much fun scaring my sister by snapping them and making it look like we were headed straight for the large pine trees that surrounded the ride at KI. The ones at Stricker's are fun, but seem to be harder to snap. It's a shame that someone decided they should go to Carolina instead.

• Like 5

I never got to ride the original eagles, but my brother and sister did. I would love to see the original set return to the park. The Italian Job(Backlot) was not worth the destruction of the Antique Cars and the loss of the Eagles. The only pairs I have been on were the ones at Strickers Grove and Holiday World.

• Like 3

Why have I never been on such an attraction before? This is exactly the kind of ride I would marathon over and over!

BB1 could have a tad bit of fun on this attraction.

• Like 3

Yes, Stricker's Grove is great; went for the first time last year and had a blast! :D If you'd like, you can check out my Trip Report from last year. Be sure to ride the Electric Rainbow (Round-Up) if you've never been on one of those types of rides before; it was fun!

• Like 5

I think Kings Island definitely needs to add some more "relaxing" rides...this would be one I wish they would have never removed, along with the antique cars and KCKC.

^THIS. I love Shake, Rattle & Roll, Scrambler, Monster, and Zephyr, but the park definitely needs more rides like these.
  • Like 7

Stickers Grove will throw you out for snapping nowadays. A terrible mixture of KIC, ACE, GOCC and Coaster Crew on a couple of cycles a few Fourth of July's ago may have scared the staff. You can snap those pretty well but it's a little dangerous. It's possible to hit the ground or the base on that model.

• Like 6

Carowinds almost encourages "snapping", they reward rerides to who ever goes the highest. Under Paramount Parks snapping was allowed but we were not allowed the rerides unless the que was empty. Paramount's Carowinds didnt like anything that reduced rider capacity.

• Like 8

I have successfully snapped once, on the Flying Scooters set at Knoebels. I wasn't quite expecting the "snap" (seems a bit more like a "clunk" to me) to be as powerful as it was, so, needless to say I was caught completely off guard. Easily the third scariest thing that day, behind the Looper and the Haunted Mansion.

• Like 5