The official "Bring the Flying Eagles home" thread.

Shaggy

I was confused because I knew my daughter had rode them and really hated the drop landing more than me. I knew that the Flying Dutchman had not been at KI for years. I forgot they were moved to KK. A few years and a couple of kids things get blurry. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I operated this ride and always had fun running out and stopping the scooters that were still wlldly swinging when the ride came to a complete stop. Wore out the bottoms of some shoes with my sliding stop approach ha!

• Like 4

I thought the same. I read that this ride lived at the new Coney Island from 06-07...... But maybe it is, I just was wondering

There's a very similar ride that's been at Coney for quite a while. It was removed sometime in the past few years and the cars are (or were, as of a year and a half ago) now used as decoration around the park. One was around the side of the office building near the entrance to the restrooms.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fixed link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

Screamscape is anything but reliable. His "source" may very well be a random post on an internet forum like this one from somebody speculating. Hell, it very well could be a KIC post that was really nothing more than speculation. The "source" could even be this very thread.

• Like 3

Fixed link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/kings_island.htm

Screamscape is anything but reliable. His "source" may very well be a random post on an internet forum like this one from somebody speculating. Hell, it very well could be a KIC post that was really nothing more than speculation. The "source" could even be this very thread.

I just said I found it. Never said it was true. (not trying to be a smart alec or anything here)

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

But let's not forget also that he is not 0% on his predictions, he was pretty much spot on about the new Slaughterhouse next to The Beast before the area even broke ground.

• Like 4

I was also there on the last day. I remember the cake, the t-shirts, everything. Even now, I hang my head a bit when I walk past the Eagles' former spot.

I went to Cedar Point for the first time this year. It was a cold and rainy morning in May. You know the very first ride I ran to? The Lake Erie Eagles. They weren't my flyers. They sat next to Gemini instead of Vortex. I couldn't move them as easily as I could ours. The moment I felt that satisfying snap, though, I felt like I was home.

If this rumor turns out to be true, then I welcome this new ride. The world can always use more flyers... so long as they can snap.

• Like 3