Action Zone Circle

TheBeast1116

I think I figured it out.

After driving myself to wits end, hence why I have been posting a tad bit queer, I found a symbol that corresponds with what we see now.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_spiral

The Triple Spiral is a Celtic symbol, which, ironically surrounds Celtic Pagan, and Christian symbols. This would hint towards the Celtic theme, and to the Gothic church style station.

As we can already see, there are three half circle structures, which could be the triple spiral. Easily allowing for some sort of theming or something to fit in a "Banshee Plaza".

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but please do not use the word queer as a synonym for stupid. It's just as bad as using the R word or the synonym for a bundle of sticks. Some, including myself take huge offense to it being used as a synonym for stupid.

I tend to enjoy your off the wall posts and laugh to my self, but this one, I'm quite irritated.

• Like 5

Obviously it wasn't BB1's intent to be insensitive, and you all knew what he meant.

There's something to be said for trying to be as sensitive to others as possible, but it's not really a poster's responsibility to go over everything he or she posts with a fine-toothed comb, picking out and removing anything anybody ever could possibly see as "offensive."

So please, get over it.

• Like 11

Obviously it wasn't BB1's intent to be insensitive, and you all knew what he meant.

There's something to be said for trying to be as sensitive to others as possible, but it's not really a poster's responsibility to go over everything he or she posts with a fine-toothed comb, picking out and removing anything anybody ever could possibly see as "offensive."

So please, get over it.

My god! I owned up to over-reacting. Apparently, everyone can voice their own opinions lately on here, yet I can't. I apologize for not being Terpy, Dane, the other moderators and the other users on this site and not having exactly the same exact view point of everyone here. I'm sorry I look at the whole realm of things and think about how we may look to a group of outsiders collectively when they lurk on the forms deciding whether or not they want to join.

• Like 4

I tend to use old diction, and I tend to use franglish, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone by it. Queer was the only term I thought of to use in that post, nebulous, or cryptic are synonyms to what I was trying to convey. (Chugh, I have the uttermost respect for you, and any part of this KIC community, but to say that I was insinuating stupidity was not vrai, and I'm sorry you took it that way but that is just my diction.)

I use different syntax, and different diction in some of my posts, to which you cannot automatically dub as wrong. Look at some of my latest posts and you will see it, it being how my posts were nebulous, cryptic, etc.

• Like 3

So in other words... BB1 attempts to sound like someone else on this board, by being vague but not helpful. As compared to the other user who actually has knowledge and has been helpful.

BB1, have you ever thought about not being cryptic or secretive? If you did, people would probably enjoy your interactions just a bit more...

• Like 8

My earlier comment was directed less at chugh43 and more at UnrealNightmare, but I guess a misunderstanding like that is bound to occur if you don't specifically quote the post you're referring to, so I apologize to chugh43 for being so vague.

It's just that when people start throwing around words like "insensitive" and "offensive" in reference to things that might not entirely be 100% politically correct in everyone's eyes, I get concerned that KIC is turning into another online forum I lurk on, where virtually every opinionated statement is taken as "insensitive" or "offensive." While I realize it wasn't really an opinion that was interpreted as "insensitive" or "offensive," I don't want things to get so out of hand that one member goes so far as to claim another member's use of a picture of Chief Joseph as an avatar is "insensitive" and starts a massive multi-page debate as to whether or not a non-Native American user utilizing an image of a Native American said user looks up to as an avatar is an inherently offensive act.

If you don't agree with the use of that particular word in that particular context, I can understand that. I can also understand the poster using that particular word in that particular context and thinking nothing of it, and that doesn't make the poster insensitive (although the use of such unnecessarily archaic vocabulary makes the poster seem pretentious, although that's likely the intention.)

I come here to discuss Kings Island, not read arguments, although as of late I seem to have been doing far more of the latter.

• Like 5

The mods should move this thread to the "Off-Topic" category.

As much as I love watching everybody take sides over the disagreement of the use of a five letter word, I think we should really continue on with the real conversation:

In response to BB1's initial point, I really don't think that this spiral is what they're doing. To theme an entire area around one ride just doesn't make much sense (especially since we know the area will still be "Action Zone").

It seems like every time I think I know what they're doing to the circle, it changes. There have been multiple times when I thought that I could see some new flower beds being put in and then it was covered with a new layer of something the next day. Any concrete wizards out there that understand the process and could tell what they're doing? It seems they've been working on this for a while and yet it's really not that big of a circle (relatively).

What are you talking about? That's the 2013 map and it's not even accurate to the what it really looked like in 2013. How is that reliable at all?

Also quick thing i found a picture from what I think was earlier today and now i can actually see that flower beds have been formed.

Intheloop_zpsa89ee4dd.jpg

Check it out! Disregard my earlier comment about if we are getting flower beds or not. :P

What are you talking about? That's the 2013 map and it's not even accurate to the what it really looked like in 2013. How is that reliable at all?

The 2014 map is there, just not on the webpage labeled "Park Map". Do a little digging and soon you'll "learn" where it's at. :)

• Like 4

So in other words... BB1 attempts to sound like someone else on this board, by being vague but not helpful. As compared to the other user who actually has knowledge and has been helpful.

BB1, have you ever thought about not being cryptic or secretive? If you did, people would probably enjoy your interactions just a bit more...

Again, did you not read my post Sherlock? I have an archaic diction, I do not copy the "someone else", can I NOT have diction that I find suitable, or diction that I have formed over the years?(Prior to this site as well mind you of that) Do we not have things called DICTIONARIES (Ironically it has the term DICTION in it :) )to IMPROVE our DICTION. I say x and you say y, get over it.

Like I said in my other post, he's trying to mimic Terp, and he fails miserably...

My medals are shiny, are you sure?

It's only provocative if you rub them counterclockwise.

I would say that Terp's posting style is similar to mine sure, but mimicing, no. Oh and mind you, I participated and gave fruit to the conversation, yet you STILL argue with me.

Again, you all obviously do not see the point of my initial post. I am SHOCKED that you all would go on a soap box over an subject, and destroy perfect topics just to go and make war over a tiny bit of crap in a post. It is almost like a school ground session, it's childish the way things go on here and you all need to understand that not everyone is like you, not everyone will agree, not everyone will have the same diction. People express their-selves in different manners and yet you find it suitable to fire the cannons over a term that was MADE to describe oddity. I find it such of a joke, that I barely even look at many of the topics here anymore, I feel un-welcomed by the barbaric bunch of members, yes you heard me, barbaric, who want to make war over tiny little things and makes war over things not even prevalent to the conversation. Personally, I feel like we are right back to the decoding era with some of these flame wars.

Obviously you need a lesson in what a FORUM truly is/was. The Forum was an invention of the Romans, who were ironically destroyed by raiding barbarians, for conversation, a focal point of Roman culture. This has now formed into what it is now, a place to share ideas and thoughts. There will be thoughts you don't agree with, or diction you may not agree with either, but you have to understand, that is their character, you cannot change someone's character right off The Bat, or years later.

Take a chill pill, quit complaining I've had enough of these petty arguments it has ran it's course and you need to look at my posts again if you STILL don't understand.

• Like 1

I have an archaic diction

Do we not have things called DICTIONARIES

Take a chill pill, quit complaining

Many of your posts are long and difficult to understand. This is annoying to many people, especially when you deliberately make your posts "cryptic".

Sometimes, it actually seems that you use a dictionary to write your posts. That's fine, but you confuse people when you use terminology incorrectly. If you choose to use a word with a very specific meaning, it's important to make sure it's really the right word.

We would really appreciate if you wrote in a way that we could all understand. You make a lot of good posts, but you lose effectiveness when most of your audience doesn't grasp what you're saying.

Not many people here like you, the majority dislike you

Necessary?

• Like 11

Tl:dr...

Ok tired of being nice..

Not many people here like you, the majority dislike you, and being honest our admins have been frustrated with you and you've put a target up on yourself...

Did my first post not sum that up..

Blues are being pressed today, are you sure..I'm quite snazzy

I'll admit I've made my jabs at BB1, but I don't think you speak for the community. While I find the majority of BB1's posts to be ambiguous, I still think that he adds some meaningful discussion to the community. To say that "not many people here like him" is not the right thing to say; I think you could have handled the situation better.

Let's be civil, here. Everyone will enjoy this site better if we follow the rules and act like human beings.

• Like 7