Action Zone Circle

TheBeast1116

^^For real! I was around for the Flying Eagle's first move to KI....in fact, I predate Kings Island park itself!...When CF said they were taking the park back to it's beginnings (back in 2006...different CEO), my first thought was "Cornfields?".

• Like 6

Is the area too small for a flat ride? Probably not.

But should one go there? Ask Disneyland fans.

I... kind of like their Astro Orbitor... and the crater rocks... and the color scheme of TL98... I'm so sorry.

(Fun fact: It's Astro Orbiter in Florida and Astro Orbitor in California!)

• Like 4

The Interpreter my family and I actually went to Cedar Point in 2004 it's last season at Kings Island. If we went to Kings Island in 2003 I would have been only 2 and a half anyway. Farthest back Kings Island trip I remember was back in 2009. I don't remember all the other visits.

• Like 2

Don't ask don't tell. If you are underage don't be an idiot and no one will care. I believe 13 is the stated age, but either way TheBeast has never been a problem that I have seen. On topic, I see flowers and benches myself but I would also love a dj booth or live entertainment. I definitely do not see a ride going in here, and I wouldn't want one either unless it is the only place we could get Flying Eagles back (which would not make sense).

I... kind of like their Astro Orbitor... and the crater rocks... and the color scheme of TL98... I'm so sorry.

(Fun fact: It's Astro Orbiter in Florida and Astro Orbiter in California!)

O dear... I guess we know which way the spell check thinks it's spelled!

o?

AstroOrbitor1-061109-AVP.jpg

(Fun fact: It's Astro Orbiter in Florida and Astro Orbitor in California!)

That makes two of us, CP. In theory, it was a really great aesthetic and a perfect complimentary opposite to Florida's silver spacesport - what an incredible dichotomy of the future, and Florida's fits perfectly in Florida, whereas California's European style was somehow perfect for California. But then, in real life, it didn't translate so nicely... And Da Vincian, Jules Verne retro-future colors placed over Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours and Finding Nemo don't seem very authentic...

EDIT: The big problem most people have with Disneyland's Astro Orbitor isn't its color scheme or style, but its location in that plaza. Disneyland's paths are infamously congested anyway. Tomorrowland is bogged down by the old Peoplemover track. So to have that ride right there, and all of its included rockwork (which I also love) creates a really awful bottleneck and clogs the whole land's entry and exit.

Still, their Astro Orbitor ( :P) remains one of the more beautiful theme park installations I've seen. The planets themselves haven't actually revolved since the 1990s, but when they do, it's darn near hypnotic!

But I digress.

I can't imagine the conrete target area would be used for lockers. What an odd place to put them, right in this grand central entry plaza.

• Like 5

This would fit in the circle.

[Golden Zephyr]

As upstop said above, the ride is elevated off the ground and has a much smaller footprint than at first appears. The queue line is tucked beneath the ride's structure as well, which reduces it even further.

But while Golden Zephyr looks nice, and the lighting package on it is whimsical at night, I personally wouldn't want one at Kings Island: the ride experience is mediocre at best.

• Like 1

This would fit in the circle.

[Golden Zephyr]

...But while Golden Zephyr looks nice, and the lighting package on it is whimsical at night, I personally wouldn't want one at Kings Island: the ride experience is mediocre at best.

...which it was not on the Traver versions. Another case of bigger isn't better.

• Like 3

Looks like we're probably getting benches and flowers. it's what it looks like.

(Webcam)

For the last and final time, Please DONT post the link to the webcam. No one will understand this if there looking at it at 8:00 PM. Many other members have already told you. Please upload a screenshot to Imgur etc.

• Like 5