In-House Television Network

Rcoaster10

In house tele, I would love to be a part of that!

Think about it, BB1's review on the lines at Kings Island during the day.

(Please tell me, why hasn't someone on this forum made a unofficial/official podcast/video feeds for KIC?)

• Like 3

Apart from the Cedar Fair quarterly reports (which only vaguely mention that Cedar Fair will use in-park television at some point), I haven't heard anything.

The in-park television at Six Flags mainly just has advertisements--both for Six Flags itself and SIX's corporate partners. Occasionally, I've seen little 30-second games you can join in with your cell phone, but for some reason I only remember seeing that at SFStL and not SFOG, SFGAm, SFFT, or SFGAdv. Here's hoping FUN's in-park TV entertainment is more than that.

• Like 2

I'm hoping it won't have ads on it. It would be really cool if it had little trivia questions about the park inside the ride queues.

Example:

What is the track length of Diamondback?

a. 5,670 ft

b. 4,109 ft

c. 5,282 ft

d. 6,001 ft

Then show some off ride footage, on ride footage, some more trivia, some random facts. Stuff like that.

• Like 3

I'm hoping it won't have ads on it. It would be really cool if it had little trivia questions about the park inside the ride queues.

Example:

What is the track length of Diamondback?

a. 5,670 ft

b. 4,109 ft

c. 5,282 ft

d. 6,001 ft

Then show some off ride footage, on ride footage, some more trivia, some random facts. Stuff like that.

Been trying to pry information out of people for months, but have gotten some - but not much. I think that details have yet to be finalized. With that being said, I'm sure that there will be ads, but it won't exclusively be ads. Additionally, I would recommend not passing judgement on Opening Day, as the content will grow progressively throughout the season.

• Like 9

Copied from Pointbuzz:

I think it will be implemented at all parks in time for their opening this spring. It sounds like the TVs are designed to encourage guest spending on money-makers like Fast Lane, restaurants, and Dinosaurs Alive. It will also inform guests of park offerings like live entertainment and provide ad space for park sponsors. Additionally, the network is promised to somehow entertain guests. More information was probably released in the third quarter earnings conference call. I listened to that call but forgot a lot of the information. Hopefully that helped.

• Like 2

Still, any way you slice it, standing in line sucks.

Probably just be one giant loop of a FastPass commercial...haha.

What would ultimately be cool, is if your own phone prompted you to watch...since everyone has their nose buried in it anyway.

Not everyone. I have NEVER taken my phone in a park as a paying guest. It is my goal never so to do.
  • Like 2

Very true Terp.

I guess my post was irritation to the fact that many around us have their nose 'buried' in their phone. Even at such ludicrous places as the grocery store.

I take my phone into the parks, but I leave it in a locker with the girlfriend's purse upon arrival. I might check it once or twice if she is in need of her purse.

• Like 3

I guess my post was irritation to the fact that many around us have their nose 'buried' in their phone. Even at such ludicrous places as the grocery store.

Not too ludicrous. I have a grocery list app that I use just about every time I go to the store to make sure that I've got everything. Not sure that I have my nose buried in it while I'm walking around though.

• Like 7

What would ultimately be cool, is if your own phone prompted you to watch...since everyone has their nose buried in it anyway.

I doubt it'll be a Fastpass commercial, since that's not a service offered at the CF parks... Fast Lane, on the other hand... ;)
  • Like 7

I doubt it'll be a Fastpass commercial, since that's not a service offered at the CF parks... Fast Lane, on the other hand... ;)

Oh you!

[Heads up to edit]

• Like 2