In-House Television Network

Rcoaster10

What would ultimately be cool, is if your own phone prompted you to watch...since everyone has their nose buried in it anyway.

Not everyone. I have NEVER taken my phone in a park as a paying guest. It is my goal never so to do.

But I feel as though you're the minority in this situation. According to PewResearch.org, over 90% of American adults own a cell phone, and one could assume the majority of them carry it around, including into theme parks. The park would be wise to try and take advantage of this, connecting visitors to profit-making programs like FastLane and souvenir bottles via their devices.

• Like 1

Oh to have a job which does not require I keep that dreaded phone with me even while at the park (and on vacation, while sleeping and every other moment I'm "off"). For those of you who can leave the phone in the car, count your blessings. There may come a day when your professional life requires you be at the disposal of your employees nearly 24/7. Some of us who can be seen talking on the phone or with our "nose buried in it" are to be pitied, not abhorred.

• Like 6

And some of us have overprotective mothers who are afraid of coasters, and therefore convinced that there is some danger to riding them, therefore requesting that their 22-year-old sons check in with them periodically. All this despite the fact that if I have survived the drive to the park, I have survived a ride on a FAR more dangerous vehicle than any coaster.

Still, I don't really complain, because the flip side of this is that with a quick text message, I can point out that if I'm being claimed as a dependent, then the person on whom I am "depending" really should be paying for my meals. Though I don't think that works because she thinks I have a point. I think that what's actually going on in her mind is more like: "if I buy your food, will you just leave me alone and quit bothering me?"

I love being the youngest child. As long as I can deal with the minor and infrequent down sides, I get all the perks of being "the baby" forever, even when I'm an adult.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It'll be interesting to see what kind of content will be featured on FUN TV. It'll be a great way to communicate with the guests too. Lots of potential for ad revenue as well as augment sponsorship packages.

How's about a weekly talk show? The BoddaH and Terpy Show, anyone? :)

• Like 15

Honestly Ryan..I don't pay attention to stuff in the queues..I'm either talking to a few people, or I'm watching the ride run..

Plus..what would you do on days the queue line really moves..it'd be like The Beast lift hill

Remain seated throughout the...please keep ha....thank you :P

Okay, what if we do the show in British accents. Then will you watch it? I'm trying to work with you here....

• Like 10

Devan, did you see the one Zack Galifinakis did with President Obama? I was dying! Haha please Terp and Boddah make it happen!

I can see it now: The Terpy and Boddah Show! You can talk about the best posts of the week on KIC and then speculate about new things popping up around the park!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Saw the FUN TVs over the weekend, so far not completely impressed. There were a few trivia games that were interesting; however, having "tuned out" the Q-TVs from years ago, I couldn't see much difference between the two. Both were equally distracting and annoying.