"Fury" A New Registered Trademark of Cedar Fair

I haven't seen this mentioned yet since this name was trademarked on January 23rd. So it looks like we now have both Centurion and Fury floating around out there...One will likely be the Carowinds coaster, but let the speculation begin on where Fury will be going. It may not be a coaster, but it sure does sound like it could be a coaster name.

http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-1-2

• Like 3

Centurion sounds like a name for that Bible park - you know, the guard mentioned at Jesus' crucifixion. Or, it could be a good name for a machine like Gatekeeper - one who "guards the park" entrance.

Fury - a coaster with the car's trains shaped like old Plymouths? (in which case it better be a high-speed ride, as most Plymouths were fast cars - except for the Volare and Reliant).

^ I did like the Horizon, though. I was a comfortable, nice riding car. I would still have it, except for the engine problem. They bought it back and I got a different automobile - a Lincoln Towne Car, which went through 3 transmissions in 12,000 miles. They bought that back, too, so I got a Chevy Cavalier which lasted 190,000 miles with very minimal problems. Had to hire a strong horse to tow it in on a trade (poor horse - poor car).

Now, it's KIA to the rescue and after 120,000 on the Sedona, 137,000 on the Optima, and 155,000 on the Rio, all with no trouble, I would buy another inut still a heartbeat.

(In later years, Chrysler made the 5th Avenue, Dodge Diplomat, and the Gran Fury - all Volares and Aspens in disguise. Nice ride, wonderful rust, but still a solid car)

Back on topic...

While pondering the fuzz in my bellybutton, I came to the conclusion that Fury would be a good name for a flat ride, as previously suggested. It also would be good for a twisty, mean wooden coaster - but don't have RCCA build it!

• Like 4

Fury is clearly the name of Kings Island's new dark ride. The ride will be an interactive, immersive chronicling the removal of the Flying Eagles. :D

(Disclaimer: This is a joke. I don't know anything about Cedar Fair's trademarking of the name Fury. Please don't post about this on social media like it's something to be taken seriously, because it's not. Thanks.)

• Like 2

Fury is clearly the name of Kings Island's new dark ride. The ride will be an interactive, immersive chronicling the removal of the Flying Eagles. :D

(Disclaimer: This is a joke. I don't know anything about Cedar Fair's trademarking of the name Fury. Please don't post about this on social media like it's something to be taken seriously, because it's not. Thanks.)

Oh - so that's what's going in that "circle".

• Like 1

Oh - so that's what's going in that "circle".

They are going to slowly bring back the Wild Animal Safari starting with a petting zoo named Furry located in the Action Zone circle?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

souvenir stuff has been released for fury 325. prob a giga coaster somewhere in Cedar Fairhttp://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/jTSWNmdNS

Where in that link does it say anything about a roller coaster over 325 feet tall?

no where. IIRC when the claims were found for both Gatekeeper and Banshee, both listed similar merchandise items, no where did they specifically list a coaster that anyone pointed out (at least in the public domain)

Its has been widely rumored that Carowinds is getting a 300+ foot coaster, mostly coming out thru reports based upon public hearings when Cedar Fair obtained state money to expand the park and hotel side of things (if my memory is correct, its been a while). Many thought the Centurian name would be linked to that project since it was trademarked around the same time the newspaper reports were published, however, it is certainly not set in stone, and the project, if indeed true could get the Fury 325 name, or perhaps something different all together that hasn't been trademarked to date.

• Like 2