Bring back Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle ride and the Phantoms Theater!

kingsislandfan1972

In my personal opinion I think Cedar Fair made a BIG mistake by replacing Scooby Doo with Boo Blasters On Boo Hill. Boo Blasters is really dumb and the storyline SMAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ride looks really crappy now and people all the time complain that Scooby Doo got taken out. Everybody loves Scooby Doo (especially me ), and Scooby Doo has been with Kings Island since 1972, until removed in 2010. Now people tend to disagree with me when I say this and people say that the Phantom Theater should return instead of Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, but I have a solution to that problem too. Now recently the Crypt has been abandoned at Kings Island leaving it empty, it looks like the perfect place to set up a Haunted House Ride the solution being a ride called Return of The Phantom Theater, now I think these are good ideas because if The Bat can fly again at Kings Island this 2014 season, then why cant Scooby Doo, and The Phantom Theater make a return to the 2015 season?

How about we bring back the Phantom Theater, and call it a day? I mean seriously, I could care less for SDHC, I just thought of what was there. Which I think, if ANYTHING we will get the Phantom Theater back first.

• Like 4

I mean seriously, I could care less for SDHC,

Better use the proper grammar.

It should be: "I couldn't care less for SDHC"

Just teasing! :D:P

That attraction is not there for enthusiasts. It is a decent capacity family attraction.

If you don't like it, don't ride it.

I have a hilarious story about sinking a Scooby Doo boats at Six Flags St Louis.

• Like 8

I mean seriously, I could care less for SDHC,

Better use the proper grammar.

It should be: "I couldn't care less for SDHC"

Just teasing! :D:P

I don't think you see what I am saying, I actually could care less for SDHC, I care a little bit due to the historical sense. Annnnnnnd now it's gone.

Yup, I couldn't care less for SDHC.

• Like 4

And please, for the love of all that is sacred, no "Bring back Son of Beast" threads.

We've seen FAR too many of those in recent years.

I disagree but know it will never happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Hitler disagree's also.

• Like 4

I believe I posted the story in a trip report on here, but here is the story.

In 2010 I went on a road trip with some friends to SF and WOF.

Adam, Shawn, Aaron, and myself head back into the park after lunch. We decide to use our exit pass to ride this since the coasters didn't have long lines.

The boats are big enough for 4 people. 2 in the front and 2 in the back. These boats are TINY. So we are ushered to the side of the boat, and was instructed to get in. Adam and Shawn in the front, me and Aaron in the back. We grab out blasters, the flume like brakes are lowered, and we HIT THE BOTTOM!

Adam and I were instructed to switch seats. Now I was in front with Shawn and Adam was in back with Aaron. Brakes lowered again, we HIT BOTTOM again.

Now I am thinking, I am NOT about to take the walk of shame from THIS ride with God and everyone watching!

Finally, the ride attendant motioned for me to scoot toward the center. Brake lowered yet again, and we scooted off. Once we got to the ride channel the current moved more swiftly, and it was a nice ride. I noticed some scenes from our old version of SDATHC, and some different ones.

Turned out to be a nice ride.

The term "sinking" is used lightly. I know we did not take on water, but the fact that we hit bottom is worthy of the term.

• Like 7

I can tell your new here Welcome to KIC!

In my personal opinion I think Cedar Fair made a BIG mistake by replacing Scooby Doo with Boo Blasters On Boo Hill. Boo Blasters is really dumb and the storyline SMAKE SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ride looks really crappy now and people all the time complain that Scooby Doo got taken out. Everybody loves Scooby Doo (especially me ), and Scooby Doo has been with Kings Island since 1972, until removed in 2010. Now people tend to disagree with me when I say this and people say that the Phantom Theater should return instead of Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle, but I have a solution to that problem too. Now recently the Crypt has been abandoned at Kings Island leaving it empty, it looks like the perfect place to set up a Haunted House Ride the solution being a ride called Return of The Phantom Theater, now I think these are good ideas because if The Bat can fly again at Kings Island this 2014 season, then why cant Scooby Doo, and The Phantom Theater make a return to the 2015 season?

• Like 1

I'd love to have Phantom Theater back out of the two. It kept things really original with the different characters, the visualizations really immersed you into the atmosphere it presented, and for me, the part that really sold me was the use of the music. The way it built things up introducing the characters to the fun bits in the 'backstage' area and that wonderful climax in the stage scene. It reminded me a lot of Phantom of the Opera, Beetlejuice and Nightmare Before Christmas wrapped up in one amazing piece of ear candy. It really sucked you into the ride experience. Heck, even the queue was entertaining.

• Like 8

Because Six Flags has exclusive rights to Scooby Doo in North American theme parks?

Welcome to KIC.

Last time I went to Universal Orlando (Semptmber 2013), I seen Scooby and Shaggy walking about. Did this recently happen/change?

I'm not calling you a liar or nothing like, just kind of curious on the matter .

Sonofbeast2.0: You did indeed. And I learned something today! There are also two small Bedrock City amusement parks out west.

That being said, Universal isn't the competitor for Six Flags that Cedar Fair is perceived as. (In reality, there is very little competition between the two companies, with Southern California being an arguable, somewhat limited exception for both and Universal).

• Like 5

I have a hilarious story about sinking a Scooby Doo boats at Six Flags St Louis.

Do tell. I love SFStL and very much enjoyed their dark ride, even though our boat was definitely taking on water.

I've certainly had my fill of boats taking on water.

S.O.S... S.O.S... The S.S. Gator has sunk!

You should of saw me at Disney World in the water sprite, S.S. BB1 was in may-day for a little while.

• Like 3

I would like to see them at least upgrade Boo Blasters if they keep it, and get guns that work. Think they should just change it to a Peanuts theme since it's pretty much in that area already. And the Peanuts would probably look better as cutouts than what is there now.

Love to see something like Phantom Theatre return. If t went in Rivertown to where Crypt was think they could give it a good western theme. With haunted mine, Saloon and shows and a ghost town. Be similar in a sense to Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris, like how Phantom Theatre was to Haunted Mansion.

• Like 5

I really hope it doesn't become Peanuts themed.

I know I'm not their target audience and all, but it was nice to have a legitimate haunted attraction at Kings Island. Not one that was spooky and cartoony, which, in my opinion makes it less scary and not legitimate. (Though more kid friendly)

But even as a kid, I personally loved having a more authentic haunted attraction. I was a kid when it was changed to Scooby Doo, and I was not a fan.

• Like 6

I would much rather see Phantom Theatre return but as someone else said, I think it or something similar would be a great fit over in the Rivertown area with a haunted mine and such. I would not mind Boo Blasters so much if the guns worked and half of the effects worked, the fog wall they had going that first season looked pretty cool, but it needs a revamp for sure!

• Like 2