Something I noticed about The Beast

kingsislandfan1972

Correct, the queue used to be music from Independence Day almost positive, but now both tracks are from Lost. When I find it for you I'll post both, I forget the name of the Independence Day track off the top of my head, lost I just need to look through my music folder uno momento

Lost music on 1st lift hill, starts at 20 seconds:

Lost music in queue, starts out at 16 seconds

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I remember the music playing everytime I rode The Beast last season.

Independence Day was the best stupid movie ever made! It beat "Twister" for the Best Special Visual Effects Oscar, but if you want to know how it goes, find the official "long" trailer; it's pretty much the cliff notes. Great special effects; dumb story. Made me feel this way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Cho9WeDBo

• Like 1

I visited KI about 10 times last season and the music on The Beast was playing on only about 3 or 4 of the visits. It made me sad because the lift hill music is a lot of the reason i ride the ride (judge me :P ). It builds a lot of anticipation of what's lurking in the 35 acres of wooded hilly terrain!

• Like 1

It honestly depends if the driver doing start-ups in the morning remembers to turn it on (which is something they should do). Its a minuscule thing that often gets overlooked.

Ditto with Flight Deck, Adventure Express, and maybe ~50% of the rides with music. Others though, like Drop Tower and Invertigo, have their soundtracks synced with the ride. When the cycle starts, so does the music.

• Like 2

It honestly depends if the driver doing start-ups in the morning remembers to turn it on (which is something they should do). Its a minuscule thing that often gets overlooked.

Ditto with Flight Deck, Adventure Express, and maybe ~50% of the rides with music. Others though, like Drop Tower and Invertigo, have their soundtracks synced with the ride. When the cycle starts, so does the music.

Some rides in the park have(or had) music that synced with the ride automatically(IE: Crypt). But in the case of The Beast, it was as simple as pushing in a button.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that link Thrill_Biscuit. I've never seen that series of videos & I've just spent the last 45 minutes watching different ones. I need to stop before I get hooked in to another!

:lol: Your welcome! But if you think those are funny, just wait 'til you get hooked on these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJqvA0QU1g

Some rides in the park have(or had) music that synced with the ride automatically(IE: Crypt). But in the case of The Beast, it was as simple as pushing in a button.

Is this the reason why Adventure Express' lights and sound are never consistent on a day to day basis?

Is this the reason why Adventure Express' lights and sound are never consistent on a day to day basis?

One could speculate. Unfortunately I'm unfamiliar with AE's system so I couldn't tell you for sure.