Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

I never said get rid of German. I said Irish in Action Zone would be one of few theme choices that would make sense with Banshee, being that Banshees are Celtic folklore. I think that the only way to expand Oktoberfest into a real area is to absorb some of Action Zone or remove Adventure Express if the terrain isn't an issue; some have said it would be. The food selections in the Festhaus are just plain wrong. There should be schnitzel, hot pretzels, cream puffs, potato pancakes, sausages etc. All the other food can go anywhere else. I agree BB1, bring the German back to the German area.

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

While Cincinnati does have a strong Italian history, it is a city with it's roots mostly based in the German side. We really only need one area that is themed to a different country, and Germany is definitely the way to go with it being a Cincinnati based park. I like the idea of Action Zone being re-themed to more of a darker area as others have suggested. If I had my idea for how to re-theme Delirium & Drop Tower into a darker theme it would be to name them The Pendulum (grey supports & black swing) & The Guillotine (black base & grey seating area) respectively. As for Congo Falls & Xtreme Skyfler I'm not too sure one what you could name them to a darker theme, suggestions?

Oktoberfest, ride wise, needs an Eli Bridge Aristocrat Wheel along the fishpond. Adventure Express stays, it is a nice family coaster. The Festhaus needs to have a restored clock and glockenspiel. Panda Express needs to be moved to either Action Zone or International Street and the park should set up an Izzy's Famous Corned Beef (Sells Reubens containing corned beef or even Glier's Goetta, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese on rye bread) stand in its place. As for the theme for Action Zone, I think they should change it back to Adventure Village.

• Like 5

Okay, so this is stuff you all want either individually or collectively as a small group. In this case want and need is something totally different.

Sure I'd like to see the themed areas back but I doubt if they refurb any areas they will include everything enthusiasts say the park "needs." Theme as we used to know it, is a thing of the past. Touch ups such as KD getting candle apples and Singing Mushrooms are the likes of small changes I believe we will see in the future at KI. Even Canada's Wonderland isn't "themed" much. Medieval Faire is about as themed as you get there.

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

Haha nobody is saying that any of the stuff we are talking about is actually going to happen, just pipe-dreaming. I mean, that is what this message board is for right? To talk about Kings Island? And the things we enjoy and would love to see at Kings Island?

• Like 3

Everyone is clamoring for Oktoberfest to be reclaimed as an area. To do this, you would either need to take back land towards Action Zone or into the Coney mall area, right?

There's a bit of space that they could still use there. Some of it would just require moving some stuff around a bit. As Blondy said there is space next to the Festhaus for a small ride. Also where the Rope Ladder game is if they moved it elsewhere there is enough space there for another flat. Ideally I' also like to see the Slingshot moved more into Action Zone or something and they would make room for another flat or a building/shop there. But I wouldn't expect them to move it.

Also just some enhancements like revamping the Festhaus itself and make it more of a German restaurant could go a long way.

• Like 2

Haha nobody is saying that any of the stuff we are talking about is actually going to happen, just pipe-dreaming. I mean, that is what this message board is for right? To talk about Kings Island? And the things we enjoy and would love to see at Kings Island?

You are correct. However, I was talking about those saying Kings Island NEEDS this thing and to do this etc. My statements didn't come just from this thread alone.

Oktoberfest, ride wise, needs an Eli Bridge Aristocrat Wheel along the fishpond. Adventure Express stays, it is a nice family coaster. The Festhaus needs to have a restored clock and glockenspiel. Panda Express needs to be moved to either Action Zone or International Street and the park should set up an Izzy's Famous Corned Beef (Sells Reubens containing corned beef or even Glier's Goetta, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese on rye bread) stand in its place. As for the theme for Action Zone, I think they should change it back to Adventure Village.

I totally agree about Action Zone being re-themed to Adventure Village. However, I think some of Oktoberfest could be absorbed into the new Adventure Village as well (I was thinking the pathway with Slingshot and Adventure Express). I personally like Action Zone/Oktoberfest the way they are for the most part, but if it had to change, I would definitely like to see the Adventure Village name come back. :D Oh, and Goetta at Kings Island would be amazing!

• Like 2

So with the 2015 season passes now for sale when do you think we may see a 2015 announcement? Could this be a Red's Hall of Fame Grill type year or maybe a WindSeeker type year? My guess is Memorial Day weekend.

EDIT: Labor Day Weekend not Memorial Day Weekend. That already happened. :)

Edited by KI Guy

I could see us potentially getting something small as well like a Flying Scooters ride or something, but most enhancements to the park. They have been getting added to most of the Cedar Fair parks lately, and Cedar Point got them this year after just getting Gatekeeper the year before.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Painting, upkeep of a twin racing coaster, for sure compared to another chain just ripping out wooden coaster left and right.

To preservation but a Flying Scooter could work as an addition to the Park.

My thought is what will be up with Oktoberfest Fest Haus this year.

• Like 1

I think it wouldn't be greedy to want some kind of new attraction, (or unrealistic). If nothing is added for 2015 then they really took two years off, one before and one after Banshee. The Reds Grille is nice but probably was pretty cheap. I'm not sure about the SOB removal cost. Also they're is sizable heat coming from Santa Claus, Indiana and a to a MUCH lesser extent from Louisville. When was the last time a family ride, (not thrill or kiddie) was added to the dry side? WindSeeker was marketed as a thrill ride. Is it? Eh, I don't know. I think it was IJST if I'm remembering right.

I still think Coney Mall needs attention, especially around SR&R. Look at Cedar Point and Knott's recent midway work and lighting packages. The pavers were a great step forward when they were installed, now we need to reach the next level.

• Like 2

And again, Cedar Point's Gemini midway was a GREAT little refurb / rebuild of a small section of midway.

We have an entire historic family midway themed LAND that deserves that overlay. All of Coney Mall should be strung up with popcorn lights and trees and new, matching classic white lighting packages on ALL the flats and Racer, new "retro" signs and shades and marquees like Gemini midway, etc.

Sure, having a little section near SR&R given that style would be nice. But all of Coney Mall deserves it, and it would be CRAZY cool for them to do that.

• Like 6

I agree that all of Coney Mall deserves a makeover. It's just that the far end makes me incredibly sad with all the empty flat ride spots. At least on the other end there are games, shops, and classic rides.

• Like 2

I agree that all of Coney Mall deserves a makeover. It's just that the far end makes me incredibly sad with all the empty flat ride spots. At least on the other end there are games, shops, and classic rides.

But it got a "makeover" in 2011 with WindSeeker..... :)

I agree with you, that end even though we have a big swingy ride, now, looks dead.