Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

For rollercoaster addition id like to see a b&m floorless or a Intamin giga. ( Not a floorless 300ft B&M. ) for flats I'd would love to see an enterprise, Ferris wheel, or a trabant since Coney Island made the poor decision of removing theirs. As for Soak City I'd like to see more slides, or better yet a water coaster.

• Like 1

For rollercoaster addition id like to see a b&m floorless or a Intamin giga. ( Not a floorless 300ft B&M. ) for flats I'd would love to see an enterprise, Ferris wheel, or a trabant since Coney Island made the poor decision of removing theirs. As for Soak City I'd like to see more slides, or better yet a water coaster.

Ya, we'd all like to see an Intamin giga. They're fun. But at this point in time, B&M is the go to manufacturer.

• Like 2

I think the video pushed Soak City a little too far out. It will probably continue to be a sort of bonus/secondary part of Kind Island, unlike KK and HW where the water park is treated as equally or more important. I definitely don't mind personally since I only go to the water park once our twice a season. It's due before 2020 though. Many of the slides are original to the park in the late '80s. Since 2004 the water park has only received 3 all-new attractions, the mat slide, the funnel and the new wave pool.

I know I've said this before, but the best place for a new woodie is where the 1993 Bat sits now because of the woods and terrain. I'm not rushing to tear out The Bat mind you. In an ideal situation I'd like a CCI-like design with GCI reliability; those might be incompatible :). Anyone ever notice how many trees they gutted when they built SOB? I've seen the difference on Google Earth.

• Like 2

I think the video pushed Soak City a little too far out. It will probably continue to be a sort of bonus/secondary part of Kind Island, unlike KK and HW where the water park is treated as equally or more important. I definitely don't mind personally since I only go to the water park once our twice a season. It's due before 2020 though. Many of the slides are original to the park in the late '80s. Since 2004 the water park has only received 3 all-new attractions, the mat slide, the funnel and the new wave pool.

I know I've said this before, but the best place for a new woodie is where the 1993 Bat sits now because of the woods and terrain. I'm not rushing to tear out The Bat mind you. In an ideal situation a CCI-like design with GCI reliability; those might be incompatible :). Anyone ever notice how many trees they gutted when they built SOB? I've seen the difference on Google Earth.

Soak City just got the upgrade, but that was the old trend. They didn't get the new slide complex. I see this complex coming in the next few years to KI. As for the GCI woodie, that prediction is a little stretched.

Stretched as in not going to happen, or stretched as in too soon or late?

Both. Stretched as in too soon, things change, and stretched as in its not going to happen because Cedar Fair hasn't installed a GCI woodie in years.

EDIT: Sorry clearly I was wrong. Please refer to my next post.

Stretched as in not going to happen, or stretched as in too soon or late?

Both. Stretched as in too soon, things change, and stretched as in its not going to happen because Cedar Fair hasn't installed a GCI woodie in years.
Huh?

What is Gold Striker?

What is Prowler?

What is Renegade?

Confused Terp

I guess what I'm saying is, in a big CF park like KI, a GCI woodie isn't the go to new coaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how would you explain Dollywood adding Thunderhead? Have you ever ridden a GCI coaster? I have been on a few, and they are incredible rides with non stop fun all the way until the brakes at the end of the ride. And the trains are amazing!

Yes, I've ridden numerous GCIs, and I didn't say I didn't like them, but looking back at the patterns from CF's past years, a GCI woodie doesn't seem likely. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a GCI woodie at KI! But right now, it doesn't seem like it'll happen.

• Like 1

And how would you explain Dollywood adding Thunderhead? Have you ever ridden a GCI coaster? I have been on a few, and they are incredible rides with non stop fun all the way until the brakes at the end of the ride. And the trains are amazing!

In fairness Dollywood was not the thrill ride player it is today before Thunderhead was installed. I can understand what Bansheeback is saying to an extent. The larger parks CP, CW, KD and KI all don't have GCIs. I don't really see why they can't have them these days. In the past I think there may have been concerns with capacity, but GCI has recently ventured into 3-train operation.

The reason the other parks aren't receiving installs is because they "already have one." I've never really understood that sentiment though to be honest. There are many different things you can do with coaster track without coasters feeling the same... marketing maybe I don't know. I think parks think too short term as far as attractions on the park. They severely overrate a ride as being different vs being fun. Over 35 years out there are people are still going to KI to ride The Beast. Yeah they already had a wood coaster in The Racer but that's where the similarities between those two stop. If people have a good time they will come back and bring their friends.

• Like 2

Ok, ok, maybe it'll happen. But is it the best fit for KI? How about something like a floorless coaster? I mean, we already have The Beast, even though its not a GCI.

There are big differences between The Beast and any GCI. The Beast focuses on maintaining speed with big stretches of track, making for several big moments. GCI's are much more fast paced and erratic. They are always doing something sudden from the time they leave the lift hill. They design their woodies to have elements within elements. Even on what looks like a simple curve, there may be a sudden drop or changing of the banking angle during the curve which comes a surprise, making them a haven for air time. They're a much, much different animal than The Beast.

Also, Millennium Flyers are, in my opinion, the best modern wooden coaster train running right now.

• Like 4

Ok, ok those 11 coasters not withstanding. :P I hadn't heard of Mr. Cobb. I think you can still see a big difference overall pre-GCI/CCI. Very few twisting drops and accents. Straight drop, turn, straight drop. They brought back the twister. I like his quote "If you make it too smooth, it'll be like sitting in your living room."

• Like 1