Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

You can't really do much with Soak City due to how the woods are next to it, the high voltage power lines and the parking lots/road. You can barely get though Soak City on busy days without walking on top of people now. And having a machine next to the wave pool can be for anything.

• Like 2

All those things are impediments or obstacles. Each can be overcome...the questions are how much does one want to and what's it gonna cost?

See Phantom's Revenge and\or Thunderbolt. Where others saw "you can't do much because," the Henningers saw opportunity. Whether Palace these days would do likewise is at least a $64 question.

• Like 1

Thunderbolt was a much cheaper obstacle than those transmission lines would be.

I'm not convinced that the waterpark needs to grow in size. Some of the existing waterslides aren't great for capacity, staff utilization, or a modern guest experience.

• Like 3

I strongly believe that 2019 and or 2018-2017 will bring a new coaster. It will be either a GCI or RMC (if Cedar Fair chooses to go the path of RMC) or (the one i strongly think will happen) A Giga coaster. It could go behind Banshee or back near Rivertown.

• Like 2

I agree, no conversions of our current woodies, but I really don't think they would anyway. Woodstock Express is a small family coaster so don't see it getting an expensive make over, not really something likely to draw a ton of crowds. Racer and Beast are both classic, renowned coasters for different reasons so don't see them messing with something that has such a big history or renown.

Would love to see an original creating from RMC back in Rivertown somewhere., maybe next to the crypts old building in the woods there.

I do agree with Airtime though that a giga would be more likely though with Cedar Fair's history of builds at other parks. Would love to see one as well and think running out behind Banshee is the perfect spot for one. It could even utilize Son of Beast's old station.

• Like 3

Would one work behind Banshee? The old Son of Beast station is blocked by Banshee, and building around it might ruin its theming and ride experience.

It could work. Do a slight turn out of the station and you can have the lift hill go up by the side of the turn around on Banshee, then the return/brake run could come in undernether it or over The Bat.

And I don't think it would ruin it's theming. I'd imagine any coaster over there would have a similar theme to The Bat and Banshee, and it would be over by the back section of Banshee whereas most of the Theming is at the front with the queue and station.

• Like 1

Would one work behind Banshee? The old Son of Beast station is blocked by Banshee, and building around it might ruin its theming and ride experience.

It could work. Do a slight turn out of the station and you can have the lift hill go up by the side of the turn around on Banshee, then the return/brake run could come in undernether it or over The Bat.

And I don't think it would ruin it's theming. I'd imagine any coaster over there would have a similar theme to The Bat and Banshee, and it would be over by the back section of Banshee whereas most of the Theming is at the front with the queue and station.

If they build a coaster that has a cable lift. With a steep incline it would clear Banshee easily from the old SOB station.
  • Like 3

I would like to see another Woodie there except by RMC

when did RMC start designing and building wooden coasters?

Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City counts as a wooden coaster. The "Topper Track" they use on the ride is a stack of wood boards with a box of metal on top, which replaces the top layer of wood that the coaster rides on. Sometimes "Topper Track" are just laminated wood boards. Both systems create a smoother ride experience, however the metal box helps make inversions possible on wooden coasters.

• Like 2

Left field seems the most logical place to build their next big coaster, short of removing an existing coaster already in operation. Well Left field, or perhaps something cheesy drilled right thru the box in center field.

• Like 4

I do agree with several post that I have seen on here that X - base needs some attention! It should be it's own section of the part and they could even add a few more rides to it! Maybe a new coaster in X base (something sci-fi to fit the theme) another launch coaster or would be cool but not indoor like Flight of Fear, something more like the Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal Studio! I think it would also be really cool to have a 4-D coaster at Kings Island!! I have never ridden a fourth demission coaster (like X2) and I would love too, they just sound awesome and the 4-D would also fit with the sci-fi X Base theme! :D

• Like 3