Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

I do agree with several post that I have seen on here that X - base needs some attention! It should be it's own section of the part and they could even add a few more rides to it! Maybe a new coaster in X base (something sci-fi to fit the theme) another launch coaster or would be cool but not indoor like Flight of Fear, something more like the Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal Studio! I think it would also be really cool to have a 4-D coaster at Kings Island!! I have never ridden a fourth demission coaster (like X2) and I would love too, they just sound awesome and the 4-D would also fit with the sci-fi X Base theme! :D

Gerstlauer Sky Roller fits the bill.

If you look at CF's previous patterns with other parks, for 2016, I would predict a Triotech dark ride. As you know, Canada's Wonderland, CF's testing ground, tested one. It was very successful. However, for a next coaster, I'm pretty sure it'll be a B&M giga. They are great, fun, rides that deliver on capacity.

• Like 3

Just as so many were so sure pre-Banshee.

Past performance may or may not be an indicator of future performance. Beware a diversion.

Or as Mr. Shaggy advised yesterday on another matter, hold onto your hats.

Or not.

Loose articles are not permitted on the ride. You may give loose articles to an attendant. However, we are not responsible for them.

Or was it a locker?

I...forget.

• Like 7

However, for a next coaster, I'm pretty sure it'll be a B&M giga.

I'm not sure why so many people think that KI needs or will get a giga. No North American park has installed them outside of Cedar Fair. The parks receiving them have market areas that are more populous than Kings Island's. Not to mention, part of Kings Island's market intersects Cedar Point's, a park famous for "building them bigger".

Bigger isn't always better.

• Like 3

Carowinds' market area is growing at wild rates.

Ohio\Ky\Ind not so much...

While it is true a lot of the NC MSA's are growing at "wild rates" (Charlotte grew at 7.37% from 2010 to 2014, making it the 22nd largest MSA), the Cincinnati and Columbus areas are still growing at 1.65% and 4.87% respectively, from 2010 to 2014. This makes them the 28th and 32nd largest MSA's, which is still fairly decent growth and hardly something to sneeze at (especially with so many areas in the Midwest struggling to grow).

However, for a next coaster, I'm pretty sure it'll be a B&M giga.

I'm not sure why so many people think that KI needs or will get a giga. No North American park has installed them outside of Cedar Fair. The parks receiving them have market areas that are more populous than Kings Island's. Not to mention, part of Kings Island's market intersects Cedar Point's, a park famous for "building them bigger".

Bigger isn't always better.

And yet, how did the park market their last 2 coasters?

Kings Island may not be in a growing market, but its still a sizable one. Think of the cities Kings Island pulls from. Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Louisville, Lexington, Indianapolis, etc. That's nothing to scoff at. I don't buy that as an argument against Kings Island getting a giga coaster.

I will say that Kings Island's lack of intermediate rides might prevent a giga from being built though. I think there's simply too big a gap between the kids rides and the rest of the line up. They have plenty of thrills to last them a bit IMO, especially after Banshee's debut. I hear about that so much nearly every time I go to the park.

• Like 1

^ Yeah, I should have checked the actual claimed market areas before making that post.

And yet, how did the park market their last 2 coasters?

Terp often says to watch what they do, not what they say.

Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Louisville, Lexington, Indianapolis, etc. That's nothing to scoff at.

Nothing to scoff at, but compare to the markets of the other parks. Much of Canada's total population, the Washington/Baltimore metro area, Chicago+all of Ohio+all of Michigan+northern Indiana+half of Pennsylvania. With Carowinds, the population of its market area growing and they have the potential to expand its geographical reach.

Though the overlap with Cedar Point is my biggest reason for doubting a giga at Kings Island.

I'd add that a giga at Carowinds could have the ability to create more guests than one at KI, as people in the Carolinas don't seem to already visit their amusement park as much compared those near Kings Island. CF mentioned something about wanting to bring CaWi up to the level of the top tier of their portfolio.

Well, CP is taken (twice!), and C is carbon.

Why not: Carowinds ?

Yep. Carowinds.

Actually, I suspect you were looking for CWi, which was used for years, to distinguish CWo. The added a in CaWi just makes it awkward.

I've not seen CWi used for a long time. I think Bart Kinzel put out an edict against it. May be the only wise thing he ever did. Other than "resigning.". Well...that and being born a Kinzel kid.

• Like 2

I mentioned this in another thread, but since this is the "rumors" section, it seemed like another good place to mention it....

There's what appears to be a very large planter in the dining area of Hank's back porch bar (visible from Kings Island's Banshee cam) that wasn't there last season.

• Like 4

I mentioned this in another thread, but since this is the "rumors" section, it seemed like another good place to mention it....

There's what appears to be a very large planter in the dining area of Hank's back porch bar (visible from Kings Island's Banshee cam) that wasn't there last season.

That could be for anything.