Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

Are you sure that The Beast needs a ride to say nice things about it?  I mean, it's a beast, why would it need you to boost its ego?

Me thinks you are looking for a ride that complements The Beast..

• Like 4

Maybe Kings Island will look at the other end of the spectrum and go for the record with the world's shortest wooden roller coaster to compliment The Beast.

You must have missed the woodie in Planet Snoopy. I'm sure its in contention. ;)

• Like 7

The shortest operating wooden coaster for which RCDB has a record of the length, is the Little Dipper at SFGAm with a length of 700 feet. Woodstock Express is nearly twice as long.

That does NOT mean that it actually is the shortest, but it DOES mean that Woodstock Express is not, and really is not particularly close.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

For another flat ride option, I wouldn't mind if we got an enterprise. Specially the new reinvented one Huss just released.

http://themeparkpost.com/news/5413

hussenterprise-300x243.jpg

hussenterprise1-300x179.png

I just posted this in another thread. I think this would be a great addition to X-Base. But as Terpy mentioned they might want to wait for the kinks to get worked out from other parks and see how they run first with the issues HUSS has had in the past.

• Like 3

Keep in mind. When Cedar Fair did buy all the WindSeekers, they were LITERALLY a new ride. Of course problems were due to occur. But, they work out very well. I do see a few problems still with the ride, but other than that, it's still a lovely ride. 

ALL new rides have problems. Take Diamondback? E-stop on the MCBR first week or something like that... Banshee had a compressor problem a few weeks into the year. The ORIGINAL Bat for a huge example? The first Suspended Swinging coaster? That had SO many problems they took it out after three years. So of course there are always problems with new concepts. But they work out in the end. Mondial did a great job with the WindSeekers, but they can still be worked on. 

• Like 2

Just like with my Intamin Launch Coaster "Horizon" There is plenty of places you can place a roller coaster, or ride at the park. Especially around the Eiffel Tower!

(Exclude an area around the Carousel. Obviously Kings Island wouldn't get rid of that. Not for a very long time.

3e774db8e25232cbfb96ca13cea66185.jpg

With just that area alone, I can come up with many concepts for rides right there! Maybe add the Gerstauler Sky thingy. Or What ever you guys are suggesting! Maybe try to have an old ride make a return like Woodstock Gliders. 

• Like 5

I agree I feel the highlighted area has a lot of potential. Think it'd be a great area to keep as kind of a gardens type space but with some new ride. Thinkt he back side of the Eiffel Tower int eh space next to the theatre and Diamondback as well as the patch next to BLSC would be a great spot for an antique car ride to make a return. Then add in a couple more small flats like a tilt-a-whirl or such and fill in lots of landscaping like trees and flowers.

• Like 4

Just like with my Intamin Launch Coaster "Horizon" There is plenty of places you can place a roller coaster, or ride at the park. Especially around the Eiffel Tower!

(Exclude an area around the Carousel. Obviously Kings Island wouldn't get rid of that. Not for a very long time.3e774db8e25232cbfb96ca13cea66185.jpg

With just that area alone, I can come up with many concepts for rides right there! Maybe add the Gerstauler Sky thingy. Or What ever you guys are suggesting! Maybe try to have an old ride make a return like Woodstock Gliders.

Seems like a big enough space to accomindate a dozen or so Taxi's.
  • Like 5

Many small flat rides would be perfect for the area selected. It would also pull some traffic to an area quite sparse with only grass and some scattered trees here and there. I would much rather look at a ride than grass. However, I believe trees would be more beneficial. Masking areas with trees makes a park unique. Cleared land with grass rather bores me.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

To be completely honest, I'd want them to get rid of some Soak City slides. The pretzel-twist one is absolutely horrible and a waste of space. So are the three really steep slides. They just aren't fun. At least I don't think so, and I feel like a lot of other people are the same way. Soak City needs more quality slides i.e., a water coaster, another slide tower with a few twisting, winding slides, a "toilet" bowl slide, etc..

• Like 5