Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

The Paramount Story....went up in smoke.

What's left of that little area of the park anyway? (haven't checked it out in forever) Are you implying it was made into a designated smoking area? If so, consider my knee slapped.

Yes, it is now called Tower Gardens, and it is a giant designated smoking area.

• Like 1

Even as a smoker I've gotta agree...it is sad.

Much more effective areas in the vicinity that could be designated for smoking allowing the Gardens to be restored.

I must compliment them though on the new smoking area behind Festhaus which is off the main path and not eating up major space but still convenient for folks like me.

• Like 6

Guest dtk1376

It's also used as storage space in the preceding weeks leading up to Halloween Haunt. I truly hope they end up doing something with that area, it truly is an eyesore, even without the cloud of smoke.

• Like 1

Yea Tower Gardens saddened me the other day. I vaguely remember the waterfall from when I was little. My little guy needed a break from the heat so I wanted to stroll through there but there were 5 to 7 smokers in there and no water running. But the brick and the trees made it seem like such a nice area to beat the heat. Instead we sat under the Skyline pavalion... not nearly as nice

• Like 3

Double post because I have issues with Tapatalk ...

The smoker area in Coney is also "in the way"... another nice tree lined area in the middle of the walk way designated for smokers. Two problems with this. 1. The smoke still blows directly into the mid way, 2 the other areas to sit and rest in Coney are either in direct sunlight/no trees or the ones that have trees have KI workers set up in front of them.

• Like 3

Honestly, they could make a major improvement to Tower Gardens for virtually no cost at all. Split it into smoking and non-smoking sections. Provided the smoking section is sufficiently segregated from the non-smoking section, that would allow non-smokers to rest and relax in there without being subjected to secondhand smoke. The place is certainly large enough for such a split.

• Like 2

I have no problem with a designated smoker section being nice. I have a problem with the park taking a nice resting spot for people of all ages and turning it into a smoking section. Heck they have an entire queue building not being used. Couldn't they find a way to turn that into a smoking section (Flight Commander)

• Like 3

It is obviously unhealthy and gross but making it illegal is a horrible idea in my opinion. I should be able to do what ever I want to my body as long as it only affects me (such as sticking to smoking areas). Banning smoking in the park is fair, however since it is private property. But I digress...I predict flats in the future and landscaping/theme touch ups. With the way this management seems to appreciate Kings Island's roots I am very hopeful that Flying Eagles cod be in out future!

I should be able to do what ever I want to my body as long as it only affects me

The problem with that is that it doesn't just affect your body. There are numerous cases where second hand smoke has killed non-smokers.

Although it would be very difficult to successfully outlaw smoking; It wouldn't really be feasible.

Although banning it from the park; I don't really see the need for smoking within a park filled with children and families. If some really needed to get their fix, they could go outside of the park. I also think that park employees should be a lot more proactive when enforcing the designated smoking area, and not let people smoke around the park and especially in line. I don't know how many times I have been stuck right behind someone who doesn't care about the rules, the annoyance of others, and even the well being of others... and other guests are forced to enforce park rues when the park employees are paid to do that exact thing.

• Like 2

Guest dtk1376

I agree, people should stick to the designated areas only. My daughter was riding the Snoopy vs. Red Baron ride a few weeks ago and there were three adults sitting next to the ride all smoking cigarettes with the smoke flowing right onto the children on the rides.

On-Topic: Next new I wish it would be a new family coaster, I know that doesn't get everyone excited, but we just got a huge rollercoaster, now let's give something to the kiddies. :)

• Like 1

I think the park could definently use another "transition coaster" i.e. a coaster with a height restriction somewhere from 40" (Woodstock Express) and 46". I believe the new one at Dollywood is 42" if IRRC and looks awesome. Ohio restrictions may change the height requirement a little, but something along those lines would be a fantastic addition. There is a lot to do in Planet Snoopy once a kid hits 36" and even more once they hit 40" but it takes some time to get to 48" for most kids (2-3 years I'd imagine) and not many additional things to do. FAAC is great, Surf Dog is great as well for families, however not everyone wants to get wet (Congo Falls & WWC at 46"). Shake Rattle & Roll and Linus Launcher are the other two attractions that are added to the lineup once a kid grows to 42". One more "major" attraction for the height differential would go a long ways in my opinion.

• Like 3

Get a Top Spin, use the Kings Dominion ride cycle. With very little landscaping,( I think?) it would fit behind Eiffel Tower, next to the unused Smoothie stand. Could possibly call it The Crypt? :P

We once had a Top Spin named The Crypt that had the Kings Dominion ride cycle. Then the next year we didn't. Then a few years later still, we didn't have a Top Spin at all. :P

Not to revive a topic that we've moved on from, but one thing that always irked me about Tower Gardens is the sign:

922443_601152289902422_715200197_o.jpg

Restful? Relaxing? According to who? And if this area is designated specifically for the smoking guests, then that kinda sends a bad message about what the park thinks of smokers. And if it's "specifically designated", then doesn't that falsely imply that I, as a non-smoker, cannot walk through that area?

• Like 6