Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

Hm. Another post shanghaied.

OK, I get it! I won't get a pass next year- jeez.

Along the rides conversation, there was talk of a interactive dark ride in an interview of Mr. Ouimet. Even though there's Boo Blasters, the description of the ride provided in the interview would be an exciting addition.

Boo Blasters does have a steady line, but it is seeming run down and dated to me.

• Like 1

I want to see an S&S Screamin' Swing, but you lay down like Firehawk.

Do you mean on your back (like you start out on Firehawk) or on your stomach (facing the ground)? Either way could work, though I think laying down on your stomach on a ride would be really cool. :)

• Like 1

Adventureland in Iowa solved this problem in 2oo8.

No smoking.

Anywhere.

At all.

Business went UP.

Drastically.

In 2008 Adventureland has embarked on its most extensive addition yet – a new water area named Adventure Bay. The first water attraction in this area is Kokomo Kove, a virtual splash factory of fun for all ages, with hundreds of ways to get wet! Chief "Imaginer" and CEO Jan Krantz has watched the park grow from an amusement facility in 1973, consisting of Main Street and a few rides and shows, to a full-scale 180 acre resort complete with Inn and Campground.

https://www.adventurelandpark.com/about/

^ Quoting Interpreter

This may be the case for that particular park. Would you agree that results would vary in doing that in other parks? KI is a bigger park in a different area of the country. It's especially important to note that the Commonwealth of Kentucky has a higher percentage of smokers than any other state, (Ohio is also near the top). I hate smoking as much as the next guy, but I'd imagine more than a few smokers would not come to the park if they had to head to the gate each time they needed a fix.

• Like 2

^^ Quoting Interpreter

This may be the case for that particular park. Would you agree results would vary in doing that in other parks? KI is a bigger park in a different area of the country. It's especially important to note that the commonwealth of Kentucky has a higher percentage of smoker's than any other state. I hate smoking as much as the next guy, but I'd imagine more than a few smokers would not come to the park if they had to head gate each time they needed a fix.

KiGuy, I would be one of them.

My aunt tells a story of when she worked in a Big Box store, and heard the manager tell security about the dirty Gypsies in the store. They were talking about my cousin and myself, we were there with money in our hands to buy bread. My aunt told them that we were her nieces, and quit her job that day. (The manager said they didn't mean her, my aunt replied "It's never meant for those within earshot." But she knew it meant her, too, they just didn't know it at the time.)

Out of consideration, I never let my dirty Gypsy money get near that Big Box store again. I don't want them to get my germs.

Once a store or organization dehumanizes me, I do them the favor of not infecting their space.

A week later, the manager of a chain inn heard about what happened and gave my aunt a job at front desk. I ALWAYS book at that inn, they like my dirty money.

• Like 2

I understand what you're saying, but I wouldn't say that banning smoking could be considered dehumanizing. I'm not sure if you are implying that or not. The park has the right to ban any smoking if it wants to, but I think it would be bad for business. Other than the occasional puff of smoke in my face, the smoking doesn't effect me much. I think the current policy of smokers' areas is best, at least for now. I will say that some bans are just plain stupid. Miami University recently expanded its no smoking policy to include dip and chew, (I'm also a non-user). I've tried to wrap my head around this change. All I can think of was they changed it because non-users made the rules or there was the belief that students dipping hurt the campus image.

• Like 2

Not dehumanizing on the surface, but in the anti-smoking literature, you'll see the terms "Denormalize/dehumanize" in the methods.

You've written "I hate smoking." You hate the act, not the person.

I've also noticed your reaction to smoking is more like it was before many smoking bans were in place.

Some here have written "I hate smokers" and that smokers should be banned from the park. That is directed at me, personally. It's meant to be directed at me. The anti-smoking groups mean it that way. I'm supposed to be hurt, ("I thought they were my friends") but I'm not. As I've stated in my post before, I've long gotten used to people patting me on the back, looking for that soft spot to plunge the knife.

If you replace 'smokers' with "Their kind", and "Those people", you can see what I mean. The people that say "I hate smokers" and not "I hate smoking", I believe, may not be aware they are replacing the action with the actual human.

Some people need to hate, and smokers are group that's been tacitly approved by society to hate. We are doing something legal, most of us in a legal area, I don't smoke in restaurants, I don't smoke outside the areas of the park, but these boys want me -personally- gone. And they've never met me.

I agree with you that KI, being a private business, can go completely smoke free. I'll just find another park that would have me. I believe in free enterprise. As I've said, I don't go to restaurants, I don't go to bars, I don't go where my nicotine stained money might taint their souls.

I also agree with you that non-users made the policy.

• Like 3

I want to see an S&S Screamin' Swing, but you lay down like Firehawk.

Do you mean on your back (like you start out on Firehawk) or on your stomach (facing the ground)? Either way could work, though I think laying down on your stomach on a ride would be really cool. :)

On your stomach, like you are the entire duration of Linus' Launchers.

• Like 2

Not a new ride, but a renewing ride experiences. I say for 2016 they put 2-4 million, or less if a budget that high isn't need for said ride, into their "heavily themed (or ounce was well themed)" rides.

BLSC: Bring all effects back to former glory (as long as their not stepping on any legal issues). also repaint the track to help prevent corrosion from water effects. Possibly create a back story as well?

Boo's Blasters on Boo's Hill: New high quality/build targets and guns, remove the skeletons at the end and put something in that is more fitting, Allow for the ghosts to "shoot/attack" back and if they get a hit on your vehicle then it will spin around (unknown is this is cable with the technology used on the cars themselves?), return the "smoke screen effect", Add a back story to the TV's, in the line queue, set the TV's down to not being very bright at all, change the red lights in the wall to ghost that look back at you as you walk by.

Flight of Fear: All lights fixed and restored to former glory, A new and longer pre-show, that is 720/1080p, one that makes you feel more panic/worry but nothing to extreme, some better quality actors as well, replace the music on-ride with music that is fitting and syncs up with the ride experience better, some lasers shooting over head on-ride, possibly some aliens that flash up real quick, when launching off, sound effects that sound like you are launching off.

AE: All sounds and lights restored to former glory, a back story created for it as well, This is a little more of a odd thing but, maybe a lot more trees? Give it the feel that you are in some jungle ride, possible effects added with the trees (if it feels needed).

The Bat: Fog effects in the station, bat screeches in station and or throughout ride.

Race for Your Life Charlie Brown: Add some effects that are related to the Charlie Brown show/ mini movies, slow down the speed of the water flow to allow better viewing and use of said effects.

New AT show: Theme the show around Banshee giving the back story and a ride of your life! Also note before you enter the line saying not recommend for people under (insert age here) age, but nothing to scary or dramatic.

So lets give a rough estimate on how much this might all cost...

BLSC: 1 million maybe less

BBBH: 2-4 million

FoF: 1-2 million

AE: maybe 3 million? Don't know what the going rate for some, full grown, tress are...

The Bat: Less than 500K

RYLCB: around 500K

New AT show: guessing maybe 4-6 million

est max total: 17 million

season long "proper" up keep, maybe another 2 million?

So 19 million total???

Please note: theses figures are a VERY rough estimate and could be and probably are completely off the right price point.

Anything anyone else can think of please feel free to add on. Or even why some or all these things should never happen, also feel free to speak your piece why you feel that way.

p.s. In case you haven't figured out, I love themeing! I also did try and keep things in the realm of possibility for a seasonal theme park as well.

• Like 3

My opinion on the coasters you stated that need attention:

Back lot Stunt Coaster = Repair the helicopter hydraulics, and fire affects. Have the splashdown refilled, and without the water effects to prevent corrosion. The empty pool just looks ghetto to have water in it at least would be nice.

Boo Blasters boo hill = needs to be completely rethemed, I liked Sonofbeast2.0's idea of targets shooting back with the cart spinning maybe have a point in the ride were you faceoff other carts.

Flight of Fear = Needs lights replaced, and should be by now mechanical problems that started two fires. Maybe new aliens placed into the garbage bag filled tubes in the station.

Adventure Express =needs to be completely refurbished, a lot of it including the track needs paint, special effects such as the hammer men need repaired of replaced. lights need replaced.

The Bat = Is great Kings Island did a fantastic job with the now defunct Flight Deck refurbishment. I would have went with a different paint scheme IE: darker supports, and black trains. other than that I'd leave it as is.

Race for your life Charlie Brown = to me is fine as is.

I'm going to add a coaster that I personally think needs attention

The Racer = Sections of the track need replaced, or repaired and the supports need to be repainted. This may be expensive and time consuming but has been done recently to the sister park Kings Dominion's Rebel Yell. Maybe have promotional times during the year were Blue Trains are turned backwards. ( kinda like Six Flags does with Batman: The Ride )

Overall I think as far as cost for these refurbishments would be=

BLSC: less thank $500k

BBBH: $2-4 million

FoF: less than $50k

AE: less than $500k

The Bat: $0

RYLCB: $0

Racers: $1-2 million

• Like 1

Nor do I believe any of the problems could be described as strictly "mechanical." As far as I know, the first smoking event (that was publicized as a "fire" even though there were no flames) was a burned out induction motor (which I would qualify as electromechanical at most) and the second time it went down was due to a blown electrical box on the outside of the building.

From what I can tell, what is needed is an overhaul of the entire electrical supply system of that side of the park (including Action Zone most likely) if not the entire park. I think this is probably already underway.

• Like 3

KI needs a Larson Flying Scooters, the tallest, fastest, and longest Screamin Swing, the tallest, fastest, longest Intamin MegaSplash, the tallest, fastest, and longest Drop Tower ride basically and bigger Falcon's Fury, a revamp of the Coney Mall, and X-Base.

• Like 2

That's too much. Though that would be nice, I don't see that ever happening. I think it would be a miracle if KI just got those attractions period.

EDIT: And how can a Screamin' Swing be long?

ex: Skyhawk only lasts 1 minute. KI's version could be 3-4 minutes.

Hi I'm new to KIC but I have been reading it all the time!! I think that KI desperately needs a waterslide. Or maybe a waterslide complex similar to Snake Pit at Dorney Park. But I could also see them adding a flat ride. Since the last flat ride they added wasn't as good as it was cut out to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi I'm new to KIC but I have been reading it all the time!! I think that KI desperately needs a waterslide. Or maybe a waterslide complex similar to Snake Pit at Dorney Park. But I could also see them adding a flat ride. Since the last flat ride they added wasn't as good as it was cut out to be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be awesome!