Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

The longer the cycle, the less the capacity.

Would you rather HAVE to buy Fast Lane or wait four hours?

Simply add some more seats to increase capacity. Ex:SkyHawk only has 2 vehicles, 2 rows, 20 riders per row which means 40 riders per vehicle. KI's version could be 2 vehicles, 2 rows but have 15 riders per row which means 60 riders per vehicle. (Math is NOT my best subject so please be nice.) Just read about SkyHawk's ride capacity and the ride itself to see my idea.

More seats = more weight = more stress on the structure, motor, etc. = higher maintenance costs.

Or it would probably mean a beefier structure and/or heavier duty/bigger bearings and/or bigger shafts and bigger motors, which in turn leads to higher initial cost for the park and possibly more sensors (I'd imagine you would want more redundancy as the ride size increases) that could act up and lead to downtime. Or downtown, which, coincidentally enough, is what my phone tried to correct "downtime" to.
  • Like 6

My opinion on the coasters you stated that need attention:

Racers: $1-2 million

Yeah I'm sure more like 2-4 million. She needs a lot of work. I don't think it will happen, but if it does; I think maybe for KI's 50th.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

More seats = more weight = more stress on the structure, motor, etc. = higher maintenance costs.

Or it would probably mean a beefier structure and/or heavier duty/bigger bearings and/or bigger shafts and bigger motors, which in turn leads to higher initial cost for the park and possibly more sensors (I'd imagine you would want more redundancy as the ride size increases) that could act up and lead to downtime. Or downtown, which, coincidentally enough, is what my phone tried to correct "downtime" to.

For the record, no ride at Kings Island has experienced downtown, ever.

• Like 3

If I were a betting person, I'd say that Banshee is the 2014/2015 attraction and that 2015 will see some TLC given to neglected areas.

My pick: International Street.

Was there about 10 days ago. Fountains don't dance, the music is American "pop" music (hardly "international"), and the light bulb outlines tend to have a habit of not being replaced when they go out. Really, how hard is that? If Winterfest is never going to return- then take the sidewalks to the fountain out. I'm going to say that only roughly a third of the lights on top of the carousel work. And while we're at it, are there any more musical review shows that can be done?

Another: have a company like Hof Brau Haus take over the Festhaus and make it "German" and removing my favorite Bavarian food, Panda Express, to a place a bit more... "international"- like International Street.

By and large, Kings Island does an outstanding job at many things... ignoring obvious theming components that time and money were spent on drive me nuts though.

• Like 10

I would like to see a return of the trams.

KI is slowly adding more quality shows (would like more to be honest) and maybe a few more family rides/flats in te next few years. It would help families get tired youngins and older tired family members back to the vehicles.

I miss hearing tram spiel mentioning the next stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

One thing that's fallen off since CF took over in the beginning is the special event at the park. Do you guys remember Nik Wallenda, Robbie Knievel, Pete Rose, the skydivers, the Skyline chili spaghetti eating contests? I'd like to see more of that kind of stuff again.

• Like 7

If I were to bet, I would say something like CP did this year. If that doesn't happen I could also see a long overdue new waterslide.

That's a thought I had: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/28076-2015-talk/?p=634208

With Shake Rattle & Roll currently down, possibly out the door for good (I'm no way saying that I think it's going to leave for good, just putting out the possibility), I am thinking that since KI just added a big thrill ride, that next year they may focus on the family. What Shake Rattle and Roll left, but Eagles or another classic flat ride was added into that space, Surf Dog moved from Planet Snoopy (replaced by a new kids ride) and something takes over the 3 point challenge?

Much like how Cedar Point and Valley Fair re-did a midway for families. I could imagine Surf Dog crossing over Backlot Stunt Coaster's entrance plaza and behind the Rivertown bathrooms.

• Like 1

With Shake Rattle & Roll currently down, possibly out the door for good (I'm no way saying that I think it's going to leave for good, just putting out the possibility), I am thinking that since KI just added a big thrill ride, that next year they may focus on the family. What Shake Rattle and Roll left, but Eagles or another classic flat ride was added into that space, Surf Dog moved from Planet Snoopy (replaced by a new kids ride) and something takes over the 3 point challenge?

Much like how Cedar Point and Valley Fair re-did a midway for families. I could imagine Surf Dog crossing over Backlot Stunt Coaster's entrance plaza and behind the Rivertown bathrooms.

A customer service worker at KI said Shake Rattle and Roll was just taken out temporarily while they are waiting for a part.

A customer service worker at KI said Shake Rattle and Roll was just taken out temporarily while they are waiting for a part.

I messed up quoting that

I would like to see a return of the trams.

KI is slowly adding more quality shows (would like more to be honest) and maybe a few more family rides/flats in te next few years. It would help families get tired youngins and older tired family members back to the vehicles.

I miss hearing tram spiel mentioning the next stop

The trams would be great. Again, I'm recalling when I had four short-legged people in tow going to the car. Having the trams would at least provide a presence in the parking lot, (I'd mentioned earlier I'd like more lighting and some cameras out there) but would also help people with kids to stay longer. One of the things you think about is the walk back to the car.

The downside of the trams is the gasoline use, and it would mean less people would shell out for the preferred parking.

• Like 3

I see both sides of the tram issue. I'm sure Cedar Fair has weighed the pros and cons and determined the cost of running the trams outweighs the benefit they provide, and I'm not sure I disagree with CF one bit on that one. Having said that I would also love to see them return.

• Like 2

See also Busch Gardens. Well something's don't have a positive ROI but they add to a positive day which then can lead to more money spent elsewhere.

And Dollywood, Disney parks and a plethora of other venues that greet their guests equally. (Plus it gets guests to the entry plaza faster to spend their money.)

BTW. How many other parks restrict guest entry until the park is operational? I have the biggest peeve with KI preventing guests from entry until the opening time arrives....look at the coffee, donuts and souvenirs that could be sold from 9 am until 10 am. (not to mention bathroom breaks, meet and greets and daily planning for meet-ups for lunch etc.) Now folks flood the gates and go straight to their favorite attractions skipping all the money making venues.

Actually, I think KI would benefit from a traditional breakfast bar in the Festhaus...eggs, bacon and more - 8 am to 10 am. They need to think $$$'s instead of adding to admission, use what they already have available....The shops and restaurants on I street, for starters.

• Like 6

Indeed. CBS started that crap.

Herd thousands of guests outside the gate, or at the front of International Street, and not LET them spend money, while getting sunburned, tired, bored, and grumpy, and encouraging the Running of the Bulls stampede.

Then let them watch the favored few gain access while they wait another half hour.

World

Class

Stupid

• Like 8

I would love to see I street open again at least an hour before official opening.

Perhaps KI could add ornate gates to the theme area entry ways and prior to official opening, there could be a Snoopy and gang, 5 minute or so, welcome show to greet guests to have a wonderful day.

Then, maybe an over the speakers countdown for the ornate gates to swing open...I can imagine how a first time guest could get excited about being there with this kind of welcome...and this could happen with very little overhead cost (IMO).....plus $$$ generated during the wait.

• Like 2