Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

I would love to see Rivertown recive added theming and turned more into a frontier town. Bring back the leathershop, maybe a saloon. With The Beast and Dimondback being the bookends of the area you could make it feel like you was in another time.

• Like 3

YEa I'm sure they make a lot of money, especially considering there is next to no maintenance cost, but they are suck eyesores and take up a lot of space. love to see more themed gaming units in place of them.

And I agree with the need for some more flats. Love to see either a new miway added between Rivertwon and Coney as someone mentioned or even a few spread around to help round out some areas like Rivertown and X-Base. Think a new thrilling flat like a Screaming Swing and/or Sledgehammer would be great in X-Base. And tilt-a-whirl and Fyling Eagles in Rivertown or Coney Mall. Maybe bring back Der Spinning Keggers to Oktoberfest as well.

and maybe get rid of that frontier Basketball game.

That area has so much potential for some expansion, maybe beyond the train to WWC. Maybe a couple of flat rides in the area would be nice.

I think they should make Race For Your Life Charlie Brown part of Rivertown since it could fit the theme of Rivertown and it's on the border of Planet Snoopy and Rivertown. Whenever I'm approaching the entrance to Diamondback from White Water Canyon, I always feel like I don't belong to one area of the park, because PEANUTS' themed bathrooms are to the left, along with a Peanuts'-themed log-flume ride, and then Diamondback is on my right, which does obviously not fit the whole kids area theme. I feel like maybe by making Race For Your Life Charlie Brown a Rivertown themed attraction and de-theming the bathrooms would help the transition between the areas flow better.
  • Like 4

I think just de-theming the restrooms would help a bit. Race For Your Life Charlie Brown has enough of a woods/river feel to it I don't think it needs changed and makes a suttler transition too that way. If you change it then you just have an abrupt change to Linus Launcher and Flying Ace Aerial Chase right next to it. The bathrooms are the only real stand out in that spot, paint them another olor and take of the character signs and it could work for both areas like RFYLCB.

• Like 1

This exact topic has come up before. RFYLCB used to be part of Rivertown and was themed as a saw mill.

The split between areas is the pavement type on a diagonal line between the attractions.

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting. I have been coming to this site for the past 3-4 years a few times a year seeing what is going on and finally made an account.. Last time I was at Kings Island and Cedar Point was in 2000, just finally went again on 7/11 to Kings Island and the park is even better then before! Had a fun time with some of my family. About a next new ride I would like to see for the park is a new Ferris Wheel. I think that would be a great addition to Kings Island. I wonder where they would put it? Coney Mall? I think it would look nice on the skyline and at night as well.

• Like 5

Kings Dominion got a Ferris wheel just a few years ago and placed it right at the end of their equivalent of Coney Mall. Basically whereabouts our WindSeeker is. It's a great weenie! The weird* thing is, not too many major parks out there are missing a Ferris wheel, so Cedar Fair's usual bulk purchases would not happen. Kings Dominion's is a hand-me-down from a now-closed park.

Edited for spelling. "i before e except after c." Weird!

• Like 1

Thanks The Interpreter! That is great for Kings Dominion goodyellowkorn! I hope Kings Island can find one to buy sometime soon. I don't know of to many parks that are closed that have a Ferris Wheel that they could buy. I know Kentucky Kingdom has one and was thinking maybe they could buy that one if they did not reopen. Not that I wanted them to stay closed, just if it can't be reopened I don't see why Kings Island couldn't buy it and let it have a new life. Also the one at the Spreepark in Germany, but that is pretty far away to buy it, and then to have it brought here. But anything is possible. Anyone know of any other's that could be used? That would be a good spot for the Ferris Wheel but then WindSeeker would have to be moved, maybe next to Flight of Fear and Firehawk? I found out where the Old Ferris Wheel used to be, right next to the Festhaus building, where the Age & Weight Game is now, I don't think that is enough room for a bigger style Ferris Wheel like what most parks have today. B)

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

I think the old Flight Commander pad would be a good place for a new Ferris Wheel if they were to decide to bring one in.

• Like 1