Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

I would like to have the park more spread out. I feel that if you were to put a big Ferris Wheel next to WindSeeker it would look cluttered.

I like the idea over in X-Base, maybe out past where the old helipad is/was? It would be nice to see a colorful Wheel behind The Racers.

I like Dev's idea of Flying Eagles over by WS

• Like 1

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, seeing it right behind The Racers! Wow! Or put it in the middle of The Beast and Diamondback? It would be sweet while riding Diamondback and glance over and see the Wheel. It would keep the skyline centered, Both I think are good spots.

Thanks The Interpreter! That is great for Kings Dominion goodyellowkorn! I hope Kings Island can find one to buy sometime soon. I don't know of to many parks that are closed that have a Ferris Wheel that they could buy. I know Kentucky Kingdom has one and was thinking maybe they could buy that one if they did not reopen. Not that I wanted them to stay closed, just if it can't be reopened I don't see why Kings Island couldn't buy it and let it have a new life. Also the one at the Spreepark in Germany, but that is pretty far away to buy it, and then to have it brought here. But anything is possible. Anyone know of any other's that could be used? That would be a good spot for the Ferris Wheel but then WindSeeker would have to be moved, maybe next to Flight of Fear and Firehawk? I found out where the Old Ferris Wheel used to be, right next to the Festhaus building, where the Age & Weight Game is now, I don't think that is enough room for a bigger style Ferris Wheel like what most parks have today. B)

But, Kentucky Kingdom is open. I operated aforementioned Giant Wheel today.

• Like 2

Thanks The Interpreter! That is great for Kings Dominion goodyellowkorn! I hope Kings Island can find one to buy sometime soon. I don't know of to many parks that are closed that have a Ferris Wheel that they could buy. I know Kentucky Kingdom has one and was thinking maybe they could buy that one if they did not reopen. Not that I wanted them to stay closed, just if it can't be reopened I don't see why Kings Island couldn't buy it and let it have a new life. Also the one at the Spreepark in Germany, but that is pretty far away to buy it, and then to have it brought here. But anything is possible. Anyone know of any other's that could be used? That would be a good spot for the Ferris Wheel but then WindSeeker would have to be moved, maybe next to Flight of Fear and Firehawk? I found out where the Old Ferris Wheel used to be, right next to the Festhaus building, where the Age & Weight Game is now, I don't think that is enough room for a bigger style Ferris Wheel like what most parks have today. B)

But, Kentucky Kingdom is open. I operated aforementioned Giant Wheel today.

Yeah I know its open, glad they got Kentucky Kingdom reopened, keeping the history alive! I would just like one at Kings Island. I don't know of any other's they could buy other then the Spreepark in Germany. I hope someday soon they have it.

Yea that's why I've been figuring there's a good chance int eh next year or two that we will be getting them as well. Almost all of their parks have them now after all the additions the last couple years to other ones. Plus it will allow them to add something new without spending a ton of money and add some more, much needed, flats to the park.

Seems pretty simple. Kings Island has a themed area dedicated to the old Coney Island. Perfect spot for any new flat-ride expansions, and if Coney Mall would get the same update / retro-fit that Gemini Midway got, it would be far and away the most beautiful area of the park.

• Like 3

Kings Island should get an uplift to the Oktoberfest area in the following years. Sort of like what Cedar Point did to the Gemini Midway. Maybe they could add a new set of Flying Scooters and a Ferris Wheel or something. Oktoberfest seems to be losing its claim as an area of the park in a way that I can't really describe. If they added a few new rides, then it would really improve the area. But please do not take back Carowinds' Flying Scooters!

ThatGuy, who must do everything he can to prevent KI from taking their ride back.

• Like 1

Not neccessarily. They still have a good amount of land on the Festhaus side of the lake which can be used for a flat, such as a Tilt a Whirl. The future of Oktoberfest is vital because it reflects on Cincinnati's German heritage. I was ecstatic when they put in the Moerlein Bier Garten because it was something that led Oktoberfest on a road back to what it once was. People shouldn't give up on it just yet.

• Like 1

I never fully understood why Action Zone still exists as an area. I would have absorbed Action Zone into Oktoberfest in an ideal situation. I'd say that money is the main reason the area continues to have no theme. I would think that a re-theme into almost anything could have happened pre-Banshee or if Banshee were incorporated into the new theme. Now a possible theme is limited to spooky, Sleepy Hollow, (Tombstone Territory anyone? :)), or even Irish. Oktoberfest is kind of landlocked at the moment.

• Like 1

Irish? How about no, I like German, I like Germanic stuff, it's pushing it to see a pirate ship and a jungle mine in a German place, with a big v shaped contraption next to an Celtic legend. I miss the old sign, I want to eat reubens at Oktoberfest, I want to eat sauerkraut at Oktoberfest like I do at the Hoffbrauhaus. I don't want Italian/Chinese/Boy Band rock at a dining hall fit for a lavish German Kaiser. Give me a dwarf mine ride, give me a literal viking ship, give me a train set at the Sling Shot. (Yes, a train set, with all the bells and whistles!)

But hey, I'm used to theme parks and Kings Island is becoming more and more of an Amusement park by the second.

• Like 2