Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

And some of us will never again see a new coaster from our favorite manufacturer anywhere in the world.

^Not entirely true..S&S Sansei has had new prospects, however, are they as prominent as they were in their prime, of course not, and it is unfortunate.

Huh? Messrs Prior, Church, Phare, Miller, Allen, Schmeck, Schiff, Traver, etc., ain't designin' no more. They's done. I'm one of some of us....
  • Like 2

I love how CF is starting to branch off to different coaster companies. Yes, I love Intamins for their thrills. But as we all know, Intamin rides can have some serious flaws and issues, while there are so many other companies that provide unique, run coasters. Lately Cedar Fair has received B&M's first (and as of now) only giga coaster, they have received a record breaking wing coaster, they have reborn the inverted coaster, and among several other additions they have built a family friendly yet thrilling GCI wooden coaster. There are tons of options other than Intamin that could provide a nice blend and balance to a park's lineup, and there are still many other companies and coaster types that I hope Cedar Fair will go to for future additions. I love the thrill of Intamins, but I love even more seeing a park with varied thrill levels, ride types, and coaster companies.

• Like 4

I love how CF is starting to branch off to different coaster companies. Yes, I love Intamins for their thrills. But as we all know, Intamin rides can have some serious flaws and issues, while there are so many other companies that provide unique, run coasters. Lately Cedar Fair has received B&M's first (and as of now) only giga coaster, they have received a record breaking wing coaster, they have reborn the inverted coaster, and among several other additions they have built a family friendly yet thrilling GCI wooden coaster. There are tons of options other than Intamin that could provide a nice blend and balance to a park's lineup, and there are still many other companies and coaster types that I hope Cedar Fair will go to for future additions. I love the thrill of Intamins, but I love even more seeing a park with varied thrill levels, ride types, and coaster companies.

I wonder when the last new installation of a Vekoma occurred at a Cedar Fair park. They don't seem to go with them a whole lot either.

• Like 5

Capacity is key.

Actually, I think a more accurate statement would be safety first, then reliability, then capacity. That's a big part of why Cedar Fair is such a loyal B&M customer as of late. They can offer all 3 and their coasters tend to be very popular with the general public, and decently popular with enthusiasts.

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind for Oktoberfest to get worked on, maybe new rides? A bit of an expansion so it can fit those rides? Small family coaster there? I also wouldn't mind if a B&M Flyer came into the park, I already know we have the Vekoma Flyer 'Firehawk' but a B&M Flyer would be nice.

• Like 1

I don't get why most of you are so fixated on B&M and Intamin. There are more than those 2 companies capable of delivering nice rides that would fit in well at Kings Island.

Also, I've said it elsewhere, but I'd be willing to sacrifice a bit of capacity on certain rides if it means something more unique.

• Like 6

I'm happy with Banshee... but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't some internal disappointment when it wasn't a giga. This is mainly due to the fact that I ride coasters in the front and the giga we have in our state comes with lots of bugs @ night. It's hard to enjoy a coaster when you're getting smacked in the face constantly.