Next New Ride?

Delirium2018

If I running the park, I would try and build at least two if not three more coasters. Maybe do like Kentucky Kingdom and build one or two not record breaking but affordable. That way you would really create a demand for the Fast Pass and not be out too much in the process.

• Like 1

I agree whatever they do with it, if that building stays there I hope they throw some theming around it. Just some sort of façade to make it fit the area better than just being a big metal box, and tweak the outside a bit to look more old west instead of Asian with being more of a mine entrance than a standard cave surrounded by bamboo and stuff.

• Like 1

.......as of 2010, it reminded me of how SOB felt..

I haven't had a chance to ride it in many years but will make the trip up this summer and if your analogy is correct.....I am super excited!!

I'm pretty sure the retracking happened after I rode so... who knows. (I'll know after the first week of park operations)

With all the stuff happening in AZ this year, I believe Coney Mall should get some attention. And by Coney Mall I mean X-Base. In the 2015 season it should open as its own section of the park with a new coaster and maybe a flat ride (the more I elaborate on this, the more I'm thinking 2016/17). I posted this awhile ago, but here's a concept I sketched up with Pages:

9027959630_1d37ba2267_b.jpg

And as for what kind of coaster we should recieve, I would pick a Rocky Mountain Coaster. Reasoning: I don't plan on going all the way to silver dollar city to ride Outlaw Run. Although I'm not sure how well that kind of coaster would work with the whole "X-Base" theme.

Hi I'm new here. I think a RMC Woodie would fit great in the park, but not in X-Base. I think they should build it behind Banshee and in between X-Base. I think a Strata-Coaster like TTD but does more things and is longer (is an actual ride), a HUSS Enterprise (my favorite flat ride of all time), and an S&S Screamin' Swing would fit nicely with the X-Base theme.

I'm surprised that only a few people have mentioned something wooden so far. I think a new wooden twister coaster (not in 2015, but in the near future) would be a great addition. It would also be good for this market, since Ohio is really hurting for some good/new woodies. I love The Beast but outside of that, what else is there in Ohio (love The Racer too)?

You can't dis The Racer!! LOL

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think Kings Island really needs a new GCI or Gravity Group woodie with awesome airtime. I go to Holiday World every year just to ride The Voyage and there is no greater thrill on the planet except maybe Top Thrill Dragster. I realize Kings Island isn't gonna build something to the caliber of The Voyage but even Thunderhead at Dollywood would be awesome. It is relatively cheap (compared to anything B&M) and has some intense air time that throws you out of your seat.

• Like 1

I seriously don't know why you guys are saying that KI NEEDS a new coaster.... KI JUST got Banshee and they don't really need a brand new coaster for 5 years or so. I think what they need the most is just touch ups to outdated things around the park.

• Like 2

I know Kings Island doesn't need a new ride, but that doesn't mean I don't like thinking about what it will be. I am hoping for a new prefabricated wooden coaster with intense air time. The Beast and Racer aren't good woodies when u compare them to The Voyage or Thunderhead at Dollywood. I'd really like a wooden coaster with a spiral drop and quick airtime hills that throw you out of your seat.

Woodielover55, you know you can edit your post right? I'm not trying to be a moderator or anything but editing a post instead of double posting really helps keep the forums cleaner and keeps the discussion flowing.

And there are those here who would not even remotely agree that Voyage is a good wooden coaster, much less an airtime laden one.

Cedar Fair's maintenance department would also not be among those cheering for a Voyage-like contraption.

I wonder what the new Six Flags is doing...

A steel coaster is a commitment.

A wooden coaster is more like a marriage.

Kings Island last got a wooden coaster in 2000. How'd that work out?

Cedar Point? Mean Streak.

Dorney Park? Hercules.

Knott's Berry Farm? GhostRider.

Kings Dominion? Hurler.

Carowinds? Hurler.

California's Great America is an exception, but that park is an exception in many ways. See also Valleyfair!

• Like 1

Guest dtk1376

Racer gets good air time as well and is a woodie. If I am in need of some mega air time I'll just head over to Diamondback. As some others have said, the park needs to be focusing on fixing some of the issues with certain rides this off-season (Adventure Express, Backlot Stunt Coaster, etc). They currently have a good set of rides and I'm sure Cedar Fair is pleased with the return Banshee is currently pulling in and therefore will probably not be focused on new rides for at least the 2015 season. Adventure Express and BLSC with their full SFX is a winner to me.

• Like 6

And there are those here who would not even remotely agree that Voyage is a good wooden coaster, much less an airtime laden one.

Cedar Fair's maintenance department would also not be among those cheering for a Voyage-like contraption.

Dorney Park? Hercules.

Kings Dominion? Hurler.

Carowinds? Hurler.

California's Great America is an exception, but that park is an exception in many ways. See also Valleyfair!

But Terpy, there's this wonderful company that builds wooden coasters packed with air time, including a few at Cedar Fair parks, called Great Coasters International.

• Like 2

Dorney Park? Hercules.

Kings Dominion? Hurler.

Carowinds? Hurler.

^ And among your list are two wooden coasters that I personally find to be fun, thrilling rides that are greatly underrated and much more enjoyable than most people give them credit for.

• Like 2

I seriously don't know why you guys are saying that KI NEEDS a new coaster.... KI JUST got Banshee and they don't really need a brand new coaster for 5 years or so. I think what they need the most is just touch ups to outdated things around the park.

ya like *coughcoughstuntcoastereffectscough*

• Like 2

How can you say that? When you think of the most famous rides at Kings Island what are they? The Beast and The Racer. They made Kings Island what they are today. Don't believe me, ask ACE. Point proven. Kings Island don't seem to know how to go after that $

What happened to when they used to have ice-skating in the winter? That's money they are missing out on! What about when you could pay to fly in the helicopter?

How can you say that? When you think of the most famous rides at Kings Island what are they? The Beast and The Racer. They made Kings Island what they are today. Point proven. Kings Island don't seem to know how to go after that $

What happened to when they used to have ice-skating in the winter? That's money they are missing out on! What about when you could pay to fly in the helicopter?