Something is up with the infamous Action Zone Circle

BoddaH1994

But then the lines lead into Delirium's exit, the tables for that shack, or under the dive loop which will be a hot spot for people to watch the trains go by. They aren't gonna want that to be congested.

And a zig-zag queue simply doesn't seem like a solution that a park would want concerning aesthetics in the middle of a walkway.

If you don't have room in the middle, you've essentially cut off a direct path from Banshee to the entrance of Action Zone.

• Like 1

If guests have the option to split a line for food and to walk around a hypothetical ride to get to Banshee, many will push through. It's not a viable place.

Even if I end up being wrong, with the Ice Scream Zone there, congestion will happen.

It's not a small enough deal that they'd put the attraction that close to a vendor. A more sensible course of action would be to put an attraction a bit more north- west. There's more room there, and doing that would help maximize ease of traffic.

EDIT: but even then... it's in the middle of an intersection.

• Like 1

So? People can walk around the other side of the Eagles. It's not like it's an extra five miles. For someone heading from the path by Delirium back to Banshee, it would only be a few extra feet. It's not a big problem.

You're underestimating the amount of people that are going to be in Action Zone this upcoming season with the first new ride built in that area since 2003.

• Like 5

^ The footings would be as currently placed but the base would be elevated up on the footings leaving room to walk underneath while dodging the footings. This would probably require larger footings then the ones currently placed so I don't think it will happen.

And the boarding area would be fenced off.

i.e. WindSeeker.

Like I just posted elsewhere..this could be in a whole different area of the park..Who knows, Planet Snoopy..I honestly didn't even think of it, but Soak City, never know..All I'm saying is the possibilities are always endless..Do I expect to be something Banshee esque, honestly no. Could they make something out of nothing, possibly. Who knows, all I know is we will all know at 1600 tomorrow

• Like 2

Ermahgerd. I just had an idea that would make me just giddy.

A new Bayern Kurve somewhere on International Street (Or off to the side, but still technically in that section a la Grand Carousel or Boo Blasters).

It could fit the theme. Each car could represent a different country and it could be like a race, except nobody ever pulls ahead. Obviously, the first car would be the USA, because 'Murica has to win.

-homestar92, a Bayern Kurve enthusiast ever since his trip to Kennywood.

• Like 4

it's almost 2300 and I'm wide awake and full of energy and no clue why..

Could the KI announcement and "circle" activity have anything to do with it? :)

Maybe it's a small campground with rentable mini-cabins. For only $xx.99, enjoy a power nap in the middle of Action Zone! :)

• Like 8

it's almost 2300 and I'm wide awake and full of energy and no clue why..

Could the KI announcement and "circle" activity have anything to do with it? :)

Maybe it's a small campground with rentable mini-cabins. For only $xx.99, enjoy a power nap in the middle of Action Zone! :)

I enjoy being on here later at night, but here lately have not had the time! KI withdraws are getting really high right now though.

• Like 3

I so wish they would build a 'Lost Coney or Lost Kings Island' area like Kennywood. You could fill it with old flats from the past. Tumblebug, Eagles, Whip, ....)

Those are probably my three favorite flat rides. I was pleasently surprised with how much I enjoyed Conneaut's Tumble Bug.

• Like 4