Something is up with the infamous Action Zone Circle

BoddaH1994

Oh god please! Do not make that a smoking area. I cannot stand cigarette smoke. It makes me sick nauseous and I cannot breathe sometimes. That's one thing I have to avoid when walking through the park. Action Zone was the only "safer" spot from cigarette smoke. Unless ignorant people smoke in the lines even when told not to. If they make that hut type thing a smoking area, I don't know what I will do. It's right in the middle between the rides I always ride when visiting the park(Delirium, Invertigo and Drop Tower.) Especially with Banshee coming I will be in Action Zone way more. I cannot imagine them putting a smoke area there. There are plenty other areas for people to smoke. There doesn't need to be one every 100 feet. In fact there's one right in front of Delirium, next to the Festhaus. Please Kings Island don't put another smoking area there, for the sake of people that cannot be next to cigarette smoke.

• Like 7

With the recent choice by CVS to remove cigarettes, and Krogers soon following suit.. I think/hope that in the next ten years the smoking areas will be gone. Or at least they could have just a few locations that smokers have to walk to.

As a non-smoker, I have no objections to the placement of the majority of the smoking areas. I'm not a fan of the placement of the one in the middle of Coney Mall, but that's the only one that sticks out to me. I think the park has done a good job of putting them far enough off the main midway as to keep secondhand smoke from being a big issue, while making them close enough to still be convenient for those who smoke.

• Like 4

As a smoker I'm always very respectful to non smokers and while I appreciate having an area to go smoke it doesn't have to be on any main path like the one in Coney I don't mind a lil walk off away from the crowds to smoke. On that note Today is my 1st day of trying to quit so I'm hoping I can kick this habit I wish I never had taken up.

• Like 19

I saw a picture the other day someone posted that was supposedly taken somewhere off of KI's website under the education section of what it will look like when completed but for the life of me I STILL could not tell what it was and the picture was removed by the poster because it was not supposed to be posted per Don's request regarding park maps. It was not an official release of the map. Those of you who were in the Banshee Construction Progress thread the other night know what I'm talking about.

With the recent choice by CVS to remove cigarettes, and Krogers soon following suit.. I think/hope that in the next ten years the smoking areas will be gone. Or at least they could have just a few locations that smokers have to walk to.

As a non-smoker, I have no objections to the placement of the majority of the smoking areas. I'm not a fan of the placement of the one in the middle of Coney Mall, but that's the only one that sticks out to me. I think the park has done a good job of putting them far enough off the main midway as to keep secondhand smoke from being a big issue, while making them close enough to still be convenient for those who smoke.
The one right next to the front gate is in a rather poor location for various reasons...
  • Like 1

The one in the middle of Coney, I'll admit, is just awful. We smokers might as well form a snake chain and parade all up and down the mall, puffing in peoples' faces.

There's enough nooks and crannies in the park where there doesn't need to be a smoking section smack dab in the middle of everything.

• Like 7